Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: choices in men's clothing

choices in men's clothing

I am wondering if I am the only one. While I really enjoy cross dressing I also feel that I prefer more " dressy " men's clothing. When last shopping with my wife we stopped through the men's department as well and I found plenty of men's clothes I wanted as much as the dresses we found. in particular clothing by Daniel Cremieux.

Just wondering if I am alone in the situation

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I personally hate shopping for men's clothes, while the colors are brighter now there all the same. Dress shirts, golf shirts
    Shorts and jeans.
    I just enjoy shopping for all variety of women's clothes way more and certainly prefer wearing them as well, duh lol

I do all my clothing shopping and also prefer to look just as good as a male as when I'm a female. Looking good makes you feel good in both situations

I don't like shopping for men's clothes. either. The only thing I have bought over the last few years are the female clothes and I enjoy wearing them. It seems that in future it will be the same for me.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Shopping in the men's dept is last place you will find me.
    Designer clothes are all made in China in the same factories the other clothes are with just a different label on them.
    You might find a different cut or cuff size on the designer brand item per the designer request but other than that not much different.
    All you are doing is paying more for the label thinking the quality is better.
    I have a lady friend that is a buyer for Macy's and she knows all the ins and outs of the clothing business.
    If you like the clothes thats cool because thats all that matters.

Gee foolish me.. all this time I thought macy's had a better quality of lingerie than the others live and learn Karrin

Sorry, jeans and a tee shirt! I have a formal suit but only wear it to funerals and weddings! LOL I do have a few nice shirts and cargo pants as well! Female clothing is just more fun! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I hate shopping for men's clothes, nothing fits right or looks good on me. Not to mention the limited styles, colors, and fabrics.

Specially for a formal occasion, what to men get? A choice of black slacks, white shirt, black jacket, and oh boy you get to pick the color and pattern on your tie.

Meanwhile women get a huge selection of dress styles and colors to chose from and no two women will look exactly a like.

For men's clothes is a suit and tie for church and God forbid a funeral. I feel
    Very dysphoric when im in drab. But I have to admit I look dazzling!....

liberty of london ties, benetton fitted shirts, jcrew trousers, pin-stripe jackets, and minimalistic wing-tips. though i dress down mostly, i do like the fantastic variety that do exists... if your budget allows for it.

i never understood the women jeans fascinations, as well as any same fabric, e.g., cotton, used across sexes. and i think stretch jeans are daft. now, sheer/fine silk, soft rayon, and sheer nylons are sadly absent from men's repertoire.

Far from alone here Shannon michelle. My first job whilst still schooling was as a window dresser at the local David Jones store, and if I am to walk into a men's clothing department or store and I'm not already dressed better than the mannequins in the windows, I'm having a bad hair day. It's a good thing for me as I am only asked once if I require any assistance.
    Price is the killer for me, as my choices in menswear are quite expensive, so buying a dress these days is much much cheaper.
    Another reason that I must shop for and dress well as a male is that I wear subtle make-up with lipstick and have long French tipped nails, so my male clothing needs to match my feminine attitude and style! Always as pretty as possible!
    As you can tell, we all are different!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Platinum Member
    Hi Shannon , I don't as many mens clothes as I have womans clothes,

But I take pride in my appearance when in male mode when going out I always like to dress nicely.

When dressing in femme mode the sky is the limit, from soccer mom to dressed to the NINES, Feminine as I can......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Shannon, dear.

Interesting observation you have.
    I haven't worn a suit or business clothes for ages (retired); maybe a few family ceremonies. For years I only lived in military uniforms. Someone picked my daily guy clothes for me. The few years I spent after retirement in business broadened my scope for men's professional and business attire.
    In the past, I never would have paid much attention to a suit, coat/tie or men's dressy clothes, but being "out of uniform" I took to dressing and looking good when I did it. I almost became a "dandy" about it, but kept it within conventional business bounds; but always appearing sharp and fresh.
    Dressing is a state of mind. Sorry..... but one of the things that irks me as I go about The World and observe men of my age /demographic in the public, is how men in general dress and present themselves as complete slobs. I mean, really guys. Take some pride in your guy appearance if that's the only look you have. Shave or at least dress/shape that beard. Suck in your gut and tuck in the shirt. It's not that difficult to dress as a gentleman. An eternally scruffy appearance is not "manly".
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Platinum Member
    When I retired nine years ago I had a sufficient supply of slacks and dress shirts and ties. Since I'm going to be cremated I really don't need too many clothes at all. Came in naked, going out naked. The only male clothes I buy are cotton tee shirts and jockey shorts and socks. Oh, jeans too.

When I was working I did my best to look 100% professional. I did express myself in which tie I was going to wear. The dress shirt may be boring, but, the ties were very expressive and had hidden meanings....for me.

Personally I'd love to wear womens's clothes all the time, even in drab, especially the tops, so much variety. But living in the real world and needing to make a living, alas, I can not.
    However we do have a loose dress code at work so I can wear Hawaiian flowered shirts, colored polo and button down shirts. I don't think I even have a white shirt in my closet.

Quote Originally Posted by karrin View Post
    Gee foolish me.. all this time I thought macy's had a better quality of lingerie than the others live and learn Karrin
    I still think they do, check out the Heidi line. So what if they come from China. Macy's probably buys for $10 and sells for $50 while Kohls buys for $7 and sells for $35 and Target buys for $3 and sells for $25.
    The markup doesn't matter, it's the in initial price.

Back on thread, sometimes I like other expression stuff. Latest one I love are a UA golf cap and a Hilfinger windbreaker/shell. Neither look professional, but I don't care anymore. I just want to look a little better than average joker.
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

I have zero interest in shopping for men's clothes they are so boring.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I love to dress in men cloths just as much as femme. Like others have said the cost holds me back from buying more suits and ties, shoes and dress coats. Don't take my ladies card away for saying that.

I like to shop for men's clothing but it's not as much fun as shopping for women's things.

I think maybe when I was in my twenties and dating there was a notion of trying to look good. Now as a man my choices are more for comfort.

For me Its pretty much nothing but a T shirt, and that is only for work. If I ever HAD to I would go for the cheapest I could find that looks ok. Since it wouldn't be worn more than once I wouldn't want to fork out a lot of money on men's clothing.
    My wife told me she didn't want me to become Liz from AHS Hotel.
    I Promised her that I have never and do not plan on killing anyone.
    I wonder why she wasn't comforted by that?

(True Story btw)

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have no need to ever shop for men's clothing ever again. That stuff just takes up room for new bras, panties, dresses, etc....
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

For the first time in my life I took a job last year that required me to wear a shirt and tie. I resisted at first and through an interesting chain of events was able to skirt the dress code for a few months. After things settled down and I returned to my desk the shirt and tie had to go back on. Instead of resenting it, I embraced it and went to a bud who runs the local Men's Warehouse. He got me addicted to the finer side of menswear. Queen's cloth dress shirts, silk ties, tailored slim cut slacks and Italian shoes. It's not cheap but I feel like a million and have raised the bar for the other guys in my office. Now it's become almost a fashion competition!

There is always a bunch of whining in these pages about men's clothing lacking of perceived style, colors, choices, comfort, etc.

If one for whatever reason MUST present as male for whatever percentage of the time, I cannot understand why presenting in style cannot be embraced? Dudes look amazing when they are well put together in dude clothing.

I go back to a previous notion that 99.whatever% of dudes out there don't open their closet and long for a dress. Those who make a little effort can look amazing as the dudes they are. For those of us who have this other side as to how we might prefer to dress, something we may long to express more than we can, it takes a sense of balance to embrace both sides in a positive manner. Once you get there, the whining ceases.

<end/rant>
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Absolutely Sarah. If anything, I enjoy, truly enjoy formal men's wear. Weddings, holiday parties, whatever the occasion (except funerals) I take pride and joy in my appearance. It's the jeans and t-shirt I just wear for convenience, but even then, I try to look somewhat decent with that. I guess the way I see it if I'm dressing male, make the best of it. Rock it.