Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: choices in men's clothing

When I retired, I took all of my suits, ties, and slacks to Goodwill. I now own only ladies jeans, slacks, and shorts. When I go out of the house, I am dressed 100% in ladies wear. I don't ever again intend to buy any male clothing.

So you have nothing to whine about, good on you.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Brooks brothers for me.

Silver Member
    For me, men's clothes span the entire range from "ho hum" to "blah". However, since it's not practical to wear a dress or skirt for my work, I still have to keep a second inventory which is shrinking due to unreplaced attrition. I own one suit which gets dusted off for weddings only.

I agree, various bright colors are nice for certain boy clothes.

BUT, I like shopping, taking my time, looking for the bright colors that go well with my Skirt.

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    I can't stand shopping for male clothes, it always feels like time I could be spending in the ladies section.
    I do wish spent more money and care on my male appearance as I do have an appreciation for it but always get distracted.

I'm like a few others on here. I hate shopping for men's clothing. I live day to day in T-shirts and jeans. Nowadays it's women's jeans. I very seldom dress formally.
    As long as I can remember, I have hated shopping for male clothes. I remember getting dragged to the store as a kid to buy new school clothes. I still hate the rare occasion I have to wear a dress shirt and tie.

I spend less time in the mens department than the womens. The mens clothing I have kept are 2 suits and some pastel shirts. I do have about 4 pink male polo tops. All my jeans and pants are womens.

Shopping for male clothes is so boring. Although I occasionally have to do it, I am not into it. I love shopping for clothes that make me look more feminine and I can feel cute and preety. I just don't do it often enough. boo hoo

I hate man-fashion. Whatever the trend, man-fashion sucks. Women's clothing has so many choices and combinations and is sooo much more fun (I'm sure we all agree on that ). Even when I buy snappy man-fashion, the only time I really like it is when Alison is wearing it in a feminine way.

I enjoy wearing dressy men's wear with lively colors and styles. I have ventured into many shades of pink, and purple in men's clothing to liven up my look. I always wear something feminine underneath the men's clothing to remind myself of my feminine side.

Banned Read only
    I'm just like Amy Lynn3 below, I love dressing up in really nice men's clothes as I do in girl's clothes. I, like Amy Lynn, don't want my lady's card taken away for stating this fact!

I love dressing up when going to church each Sunday with my gorgeous redheaded wife and I love dressing up when going on the sidelines of big time college football games.

Most of my suits are the slim cut suits from Joseph A. Banks and I wear their very nice dress shirts as well. My ties mostly come from Belks and are mostly yellow, gold, pink, or red in color and look very classy. The dress shoes are by Johnston & Murphy and are black cap toes or mahogany cap toes. My suits are usually navy, black, or gray. Solids and window pane patterns as well. The shirts are always solid long sleeved shirts in either a point collar or button down collar and are always solids in pink, white, or light blue. Very professional indeed!

I also dress up in these type outfits when called on to deliver a humorous speech in front of small or large crowds. I have one scheduled for the 25th of this month and I well be decked out in my Sunday best! I love public speaking which is said to be one of the greatest fears of most people even higher than that of death! To me making people laugh during my public speeches is like therapy! I've always been quite good at it and in high demand for many many years.

When going casual in guy mode I will have on a pair of khaki or white shorts with long sleeved very comfortable shirts with the sleeves rolled up a bit. I don't wear the really long shorts that they sell mostly today. I like to show off my pretty legs so most of my shorts come up about 3 to 5 inches above my knees and fit really well - not that really baggy kind of stuff. At the gym, I never look like a slob. I am always color and brand name coordinated. My favorite brands to wear to the gym are Nike, Under Armor, or Fila. From top to bottom, I am even styling at the gym!

When I walk out my door, whether going on a date with my wife, going to a ballgame, to church, to a formal affair or fund raiser with my wife, to the gym, or just to ride our bikes on a trail or around the block, I am always well put together with my male clothing and take much pride in how I look.

And like Amy Lynn3 below, please don't take my lady's card away for loving to dress really sharp as a guy too!

Sincerely Scarlett!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I haven't owned a suit since I graduated from high school 50 years ago. When I worked in an office I went for comfort of slacks and a dress shirt with a colorful tie that wasn't always knotted tight and either a navy blazer or a tweed sport coat if I had to talk to a boss or an audience. Now that blazer is reserved for weddings and funerals.

I used to backpack a lot before I broke my heel and spent money on technical camping gear, boots, socks, light weight & quick dry pants and shirts, water and wind resistant jackets and the like.

The rest of the time it's thrift store jeans or shorts, tee shirts and my one male clothing fetish, Hawaiian shirts. I love the colors, patterns and feel of the different materials. I lean toward the rayon and silk shirts and hopefully find ones that have a pocket that is sewn on to match the pattern on the shirt. I have found and look for "Aloha" shirts for holidays and have ones for Christmas, July 4th, St. Patrick's day and Halloween. They are the closest I can get to wearing materials and patterns that would be great in a dress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That section of your closet looks almost like mine! Hawaiian shirts are great, especially with shorts that highlight my legs!

I celebrated Mother's Day with my wife's family. I wore light pastel yellow skinny jeans, a mixed Pastel Tommy Bahama shirt, a silver ankle bracelet, and Top Sider deck shoe with small holes all over them. Of course, I wore white lace undies. I was a bit nervous because it is SOOO out of the normal boring guys clothes men wear. When I walked in the door, the each woman made a point of approaching me and commenting that I looked fabulous. To say I was pleased is an understatement. There is a lyric from a song that say, "all the girls dressing up for each other" and I completely understand the reason/feeling. What this does inform me is that I don't have to dress in drab guy mode and can have some real fun when I have to be in guy mode.

Aspiring Member
    Me too! I like looking sharp en-drab too. Clothes help with my "perceived" self-image and help with my confidence and how people respond to me. Since my office dress code is slacks and button down shirts, I often wear women's dress pants from H&M that are slim fit. but not snug. The only difference is really the number and size of the pockets, the placement of the fastener and the number of belt loops. They resist wrinkles better than the male versions. I have yet to find a blouse that I can wear in a similiar fashion.

I'm actually glad I wear a uniform to work.
    It would be horrible for me if I had to wear a suit or a jacket and tie every day. I abhor shopping for men's clothes, while I love shopping for all my feminine finery.
    It's so bad that I have a pair of men's jeans (about my only pair) that have holes in the knees (stylish these days it seems) and while they should be replaced I just can't find the desire to shop for them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Pastel and solid colors with black or grey slacks most of the time. Winter time brings out sport coat and sweater vests.