Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
I think the point here is that often we don't know, aren't willing to admit, are ashamed or feel like it's something we could control, and sometimes we change.
I think Megan nails it right here. It can't be more clear if you tried. I am glad some of You can just throw it on a table without much thought so You think everyone should but that's not the case nor will it ever be. I have said it before and will say it again, a lot of the time, you don't know what this is or where this is going until your well into the relationship or marriage. Long past throwing it out there at the beginning.

By time a person figures out what this truly means to them, You could be 30 years in. You know the person your with and how they will handle it. I got extremely lucky myself, My SO had no hang ups about it and still doesn't. I would have NEVER told my exGF ever even if we wouldn't have broken up and got married. she would have never known.

A lot of time when I read threads like this, it's the TG's that are pushing everyone in a direction that benefits what they are doing or have done. We are not all Transgendered here. I understand that the more of us that are openly out there makes it easier for "The cause" but everyone has to decide for their selves whether or not it's best to tell or to hide this forever. Peer pressure never helps anyone.