Thread: Any evidence for relaxed?

Any evidence for relaxed?

Just curious, from time to time posters will say dressing relaxes me and I am at peace or at least in a better place.

So has anyone tried to collect scientific data on this, i.e.

control-- not dresses, blood pressure and pulse were ....

test case-- dressed, blood pressure and pulse were ...

Fyi, I ran a one time test, and pulse was 8 bpm lower, but definitely not a large enough sample to be scientific, so I thought I'ld ask if anyone tried this.

"see, science shows I need to dress more ;-) "
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Silver Member
    For me it depends on the situation. Being DADT adds some stress since I wish to keep it off the radar but meeting my desire to dress lessens the stress. Examples: less stress when I dress and I'm in a place where I feel really welcomed, like one of my favorite salons. More stress when moving about in public when i could meet an acquaintance.
    My therapist says she sees a markedly more open and calm me when I see her while dressed. My session next week will be as such since the appointment time allows for it.

Banned Spammer
    Science can suck my bunsen burner.
    I feel happy and right in a dress and science and feelings...not the best of friends

Lisa, great question. My sense is there are no valid statistics available, from a large enough group, to show any reliability. I think there are so many of us that are the same, similar or all over the continuum. Speaking for myself, there is no doubt, my dressing, from minimum to maximum, absolutely relaxes me. When my wife senses I've had "one of those days", she suggests, "why don't you relax?" I always take her suggestions. Even when we travel, I take a few extra things...always hose...my # 1.

The amount known about crossdressers by most Doctors and Therapists is limited at best. Having enough of us in a controlled environment with constant testing is a thing of the future, It for us will be after they have collected the data on every other thing known to mankind!
    I'm with a Therapists and Doctors Wed, Thurs & Friday of every week (past 3months) they check me over each of those days and they are learning from me each day! If It's Sunny outside I'm more relaxed, if it's noisy in the centre I'm distressed so monitoring my relaxation related to Dressing is quite difficult.
    So after saying that, We do believe that I am more relaxed when dressed. "BUT" I am much more Emotional, which is not so relaxed!

So it's good luck to anyone who can work this one out!
    Stacy Can't!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I say it relaxes me, I know it relaxes me for some reason I find a peaceful place in my dresses.
    I feel it inside that I've made peace inwardly. On the other hand if I dress to the max, full makeup, hose fishnets, highest heels, full blown makeup, shortest skirt, and forms showing lots of cleavage, full blond wig and maybe even a tuck, I'm not relaxed. Usually that dressing is a form of a turn on for me. Nothing is relaxing till a resales can be accomplished. My wife has also noticed this. She says I'm better sexually when dressed as she calls me her hooker or western saloon girl dress, bright red lipsticks gets my motor running. Even those beautiful lipstick commercials. Maybe those are fetishes and are not relaxing.
    Put on my Jamaican long dress and a pair of nylon panties under neath, no bra, after a hot shower and I will fall asleep in my recliner.
    Dressing seems to take me away to another place, a resting one. A mentioned above its only the right type of dressing that does it for me.

What's the scientific data for the color blue, or pink? Light bends in a prism, fact, and distorts, fact.... but it then becomes purely subjective as to what that is, how it is perceived. No two people see it the same. Relaxed for one person could be jumping out of an airplane, while terrorizing to someone else.

All I know is that dressing causes its own stress and relaxation! Sit back, relax and enjoy! Do not overthink it enjoy it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I find the more I get stressed the more I want to be in femme mode.
    I have a lot of things going wrong in my life and the only time I feel any peace is when I'm fully in femme mode.
    In man mode I have no self confidence and feel like I must be a horrible person because of all the things that happen to me, but when I become Stephanie it subsides a little, I don't feel like 100% better but about 50%.

I haven't done any controlled studies, eliminating all other variables other than my crossdressing. So any decrease in blood pressure and pulse that I've experienced would not be valid. It would be difficult to get a controlled study with this, as for most of us, being in proximity of others while we're being experimented on, would probably skew the results anyway.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I suppose the best way to get an answer would be to do it at home. Take your BP in man mode then later when you have transformed and feel like you are in the zone take another reading. I'm pretty certain that if I went to a DR office and had my bp taken in femme I'd be about to have a stroke. lol

All I know dressing calms me down after a stressful day at work.

I think the results of such a study would be interesting for those that feel equally happy in male mode or femme mode.

However, for those who either value femme more or feel uncomfortable in male mode, they really look forward to their next femme time. When they get that femme time, there is little longing to revert back to male mode. So we would be studying whether they are more relaxed when they feel comfortable in themselves versus when they don't. I would wonder how much the study of this category would really tell us.

Additionally, as said before, other factors could pollute the results: sexual excitement by presentation, anxiety of getting caught, dread of having to change back, etc.

Aspiring Member
    I believe that any scientific test would have to measure oxytocin levels, and I have not found any studies on neurotransmitter levels in crossdressers.

BTW I do believe that my neurotransmitters are affected when I crossdress.

I can't say that dressing relaxes me but it does remove stress. You become focused on something else in this case your female persona. I may be not stressed and I am enjoying myself but not necessarily relaxed. My mind is just not thinking about the other problems in life. Thus it gives me a chance to clear my head and when I get back to those life problems I can take a clean look at them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Junior Member Brandy Fromdaburg's Avatar
    Dressing can be stimulating for me or relaxing. It depends on my intent when dressing. If I want to relax I will dress casual and sometimes do my makeup. If I'm seeking stimulation I dress sexy with all the works. I monitor my BP on a regular basis and dressing does affect it.

I have done this several times. My blood pressure tends to run high.
    My wife was the one who suggested I run the experiment. I would rest and take my BP while sitting. I would then get dressed, not fully even. No wig, just forms, bra, panties, dress, flats and lipstick. I would again rest and take my BP both numbers would be about 10 points lower. This happens every time, I have done this. My wife is just dumb founded. She works in health care and wants to know.....How???.....Why??? She also admits that me dressing is better than more meds.
    I have also checked my BP after reverting back to drab. My BP always climbs back up. Strange but true benefit of cross dressing.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue