Thread: Little nervous about the Doc's visit this coming Friday.

Little nervous about the Doc's visit this coming Friday.

So after many years of ignoring myself, I finally decided to put on the big girl panties as it were and finally be how I really am.
    Started off with the GP, let me rephrase that, clueless with no desire to learn GP, who suggested I see a Psych just up the road a bit.

Well Sandy, the Psych up the Road, is an absolute god send. Firstly, she got me the foot in the door at a new gender clinic over the other side of town. Secondly, she's got me to start to realise that transition is not going to change who I am. It's only going to change what I am to match. That little nugget has really helped to start breaking up the depression. (note: I'm still a down grumpy gal, but there are definite signs of a break in the weather.) Sessions with her will continue I thinks, not just on the gender side but life in general.

This brings us up to the gender clinic.

First port of call is a social worker, 1 hr session, just going over everything I'd discussed the previous 3 months with the GP and Sandy.
    Following that it was off to talk with their in-house Psych for an "assessment".

This phase was .... different. Multiple written tests. followed by multiple face to face sessions. I was told that after the assessment was complete a decision would be made as to me progressing to see their in house Doc who would proscribe hormone therapy for me.

Well the startling news was that after only two sessions with the Psych, I now have an appointment to see their Doc this coming Friday. Still got another session booked with the Psych, but looks like that is the just complete the assessment even though a decision has been made. (Let's just say the sun shone on bare earth at that phone call)

So, even though I'm am fully committed to transition, be damned what people think, and I'm really happy? about the prospect of finally starting HT. There is also that little weed of fear.

I understand where that fear is coming from, its roots, namely me and my ideas about how my transition will go. (really bad genetics, read MAN, for a starting point). But that does not change the fact that it is there........
    (not sure that really makes sense)

Will have to talk to the Psych about it during the session Tuesday.

TL;DR
    Peta's got an appointment for HT this Friday and while really looking forward to starting hormones, is a little nervous as well.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Peta, enjoy why you can. I am happy your system seems streamlined compared to ours, at least from a time management standpoint and one stop shopping (smile). I was just thinking how we are getting summer wardrobes ready and you are preparing your winter garb. Please let us know how your appointments go and when you begin hormonal treatment. I am excited for you!
    Marie

Aspiring Member
    Awesome news, so very happy for you. The day you get those hormones will be one you'll never forget.

So off to the doctor's I went this morning.

Long story short, I now have my scripts for HT and will be getting them filled this afternoon. Tomorrow is my birthday.

Really interesting comment from the Doc though. "You are the most straight forward case I've seen"... Say what now!!!

Sounds like All the time spent with the Psychs over the last 5 months crossed all the T's and dotted the I's
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Glad the psychos have helped you get to the point where the doctor could say that.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

i had a similar experience...

all my self talk and lies to myself were about NOT being TS...all my coping skills were about not facing truth...all my internal metrics saw ts womena and i put them on a pedastal and knew they werent like me..

and over yrs of fighting, multiple therapists and lots of whining...
    my therapist basically looked at me and said i was a clear cut case and "you are about as trans as anybody i've worked with".... i was floored and upset....

but i also know that once i got started i never looked back..

i hope things go well for you
    I am real