Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Role Reversal

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I wouldn't call it 'role reversal.' Actually, many if not most young women would consider characterizing it as role reversal to be archaic. Women have been fighting that sort of stereotyping for a long time. Too many males still try to push the concept of women should stay home with the kids.
    Thank you.

I pointed this out in another thread but I don't and never have placed any indoor or outdoor chore in a gender box . Neither did my ex. Neither do my sons and their wives/girlfriends. Everyone always pitches in everywhere. Strangely though, my current SO tends to leave most the cooking, dishes, and bathroom cleaning to me. lol.

My parents conformed to gender roles, but they were born in the 1920s!
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesKairi View Post
    Maybe cos I am of a younger generation but I would fully expect to split all household chores 50/50 and expect either gender to do any task
    Oh to be young and idealistic again.
    Honey if you think that is how it works reply again in 15 years and tell us what you found out.

Plenty of non CD guys play Mr Mom, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the CDing, unless that is your thing, to take on the traditional female role in order to feel feminine.

That's one thing in our current society the gender roles are no longer applicable since most couples both work, and split chores, and a lot of women earn more than their husband so she ends up being the bread winner. And just in case anyone misunderstands me, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I believe it is wonderful that marriage is no longer "ownership" but is now 2 people working as a team to do whatever needs to be done.

Gold Member
    Well live alone, so all the house work is on me.
    I do like wearing a dress or a skirt and top while house cleaning.
    Rader

Years ago I told my wife that when she was out off town I did the housework while wearing a maid uniform. Her response was "That's awesome! ". I enjoy that now when she's home, especially when she gets a little bossy ;-)

I'm into vintage fashion so I also like the idea of being a merry homemaker ala Mrs. Cleaver in a 50's dress.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Role Reversal? Seriously?

It has been 50 years or more since the days of "Men go to work and women stay home and raise the kids".

In a modern relationship there are no hard gender roles, you work together to raise a family.
    That's pretty much how my wife and I do it. I usually do the laundry and I often cook. I do all the sewing. I do things that involve tools.

It has nothing to do with crossdressing. A good relationship has each person doing what they do best and splitting the responsibilities.

My wife and I split the chores, she takes care of the laundry (thank God), I mow the lawn, and take care of the vehicles. We are a team with not too much division. Brenda

The 1950's are long gone, along with those traditional roles. He worked and did the handyman things, she cooked and cleaned (in a dress, high heels, and makeup) and got the kids off to school. Everything has changed.
    My wife and I more or less settled into our current roles based on our strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes. She does the laundry, cleans house, and keeps the cars washed and waxed. I do the yard, garden, repairs and maintenance. I don't mind doing the dishes, but HATE putting the clean dishes away. She's Asian, and we have vastly different tastes in food, so we cook separately.
    All of these role assignments have nothing to do with my crossdressing, which is about me and my dressup things.

Role Reversal and housekeeping?

NOW HEAR THIS! NOW HEAR THIS. Four bells, four bells. All sweepers man your brooms. Sweep all spaces fore and aft.!!!
    The United States Navy; creating the world's greatest housekeepers.
    HouseKeeping in Style-FC.jpeg Ilene's Last Laundry Fold-FC.JPG

No one lets you fly an F/A-18 until you can fly a floor buffer.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ileen,

You are talking about those one brush devices.

It was always fun seeing new recruits try them out as they slowly demolished their bed spaces. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.