Thread: Blimey, is that your girlfriend ?

Banned Read only

Blimey, is that your girlfriend ?

This is a totally unexpected story that happened earlier today.

I was talking with friends who my wife and I have known for over fifty years, the wife is very astute and knew us both well enough to know things weren't totally as they should be . My wife was out when they dropped in for coffee , we were talking and the female friend asked tongue in cheek if we were still married, it wasn't meant in any harm and when we all get talking, we lightheartedly joke about how marriages stay together . The friend knew about most of our trials and tribulations but when she approached the subject today I told her there was a problem which I probably shouldn't mention but we have known them so long , I took the opportunity to explain what the problem was. I fetched my pictures and took out the one in my avatar, they both looked at it then the female friend said oh you're having an affair , blimey is that your girlfriend ? The husband nodded and said she's very nice but does your wife know I'm seeing someone else. I gestured several times pointing at myself when the penny didn't drop I finally said no not a girlfriend it's me ! I then showed them a selection of pictures, they were mostly stunned how I looked .

The female friend said oh you're a transvestite, so I corrected her by saying I was TG. What followed for the next hour was a whirlwind of questions and explanations . We covered so much ground right through to taking hormones, the husband was slightly uncomfortable with them knowing behind my wife's back, I know they won't bring the subject up so I told them it wouldn't be a problem.
    They were so grateful I had told them , I replied that they had really flattered me today because neither of them recognised me to the point where I had to spell it out to them .

Not only did I risk the outside chance of losing their friendship but instead it has renewed an old one.

As a P.S. it again surprised me how quickly a GG can accept it and then go into details of shopping and makeup , they were both astounded by how open I was and how much I've shopped for myself .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-12-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Great story Teresa, a few months ago I showed a work colleague a picture of Diane, and said it was my wife. She believed me and aid she was pretty and had good legs!.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Teresa, thats a nice thing to happen i'm glad it worked out well for you and your friends are okay with you still. Didnt I say you looked good ,you put so much into your presentation and youre clearly comfortable in who you are I hope things keep going well for you. Keep posting you are an inspiration to many of us. Bye the way I love that leather skirt.

Banned Read only
    Heather,
    You are very kind with your comments but I do feel slightly guily because I'm putting slightly less effort into the presentation . It's not because I'm getting lazy, it's because in the back of my mind I'm thinking about dressing more and partial transition. I'm thinking more along the lines of how a female would do things on a daily basis. I have been surprised how quickly I can get makeup on now , next Friday I may have to virtually sling it on and dress in a few minutes and head out the door so I can walk into the hotel reception and get checked in before changing for the evening function .

I must admit that leather skirt is lovely to wear and at £15.00 was a steal !!

Teresa, you look like a woman! Face it and own it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Teresa, I literally laughed out loud when I got to the sentence about fetching your avatar! You really do look amazing in that photo as well as others you've shown. A hot looking girlfriend you have there!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Teresa, You don't see it as an issue coming out to friends without your wife's tacit permission. If things are not well, will this not make them a little more strained?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Jamie,
    These particular friends go back to before we married, they know us so well, we have supported each other through so much . Even so you could be right but I can't live under that restriction any longer, I wouldn't be at the situation I'm in now if I remained under that thumb .

On the other side of the coin I have told her she can discuss the situation with anyone she chooses if it helps her and that remains none of my business , unless she chooses to tell me. I believe this situation is relieving the strain rather than increasing it .

Lana,
    That's really kind of you to say that , knowing people think that could make the next step that little bit easier .

Ressie,
    You'll get me going on the AGP road again, saying things like that . I've never been called hot in male mode it comes as a bit of a shock when dressed as a female, all I know is it feels comfortable and right but strangely my wife made a similar comment today and she has never seen me dressed .

This is a great and inspirational story! Thank you for sharing such a personal time with us. I am glad it went so well.

I am curious what advice the GG had to say about shopping and makeup. That is the last thing I would expect to hear from someone who just got the news!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're certainly expanding your repertoire arent u, Teresa?

You'll be telling folks you're TS before u know it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sami,
    She asked me about the best charity shops, and about the experience of getting a skin colour match for makeup, she had never bothered to do one and thought she might give it a try. She also didn't realise that you can get a small eyebrow brush with a light wax to keep eyebrows in shape, I have my daughter to thank for that one, after we had the conversation about that subject.
    She chooses to wear stockings so wondered where I bought mine because they are becoming harder to buy on the high street .

As I said she soon accepted I was a CDer, again I feel the pictures help so much, to tell someone leaves in them wondering what you could possibly look like , the pictures made it clear how deep rooted it is and how much I can possibly have the confidence to go out dressed. When I suggested I drop in on them dressed they didn't have a problem .

Sherry ,
    On the subject of the two basic questions , I explained why I wasn't gay and why I couldn't honestly answer the TS question .

( You're only as old as the woman you feel !!! )
    And the woman you feel, is you !

Thank you, Teresa, for taking the time to write more details. I am going to do the shading match as soon as the opportunity arises. I will be a nervous wreck, but I am sure it will be worthwhile. My town is too small to do that, but I will make plans the next time I am in a bigger city.

Thanks, Sami

Banned Read only
    Sami,
    It turned out to be a lot of fun, I knew I had to do it because I was going out for the first time in the next few days and I needed the confidence to know my makeup was OK. It was the first time the beautician had worked on a man, after she said she enjoyed it as much as I did . After the clean down she acted like my personal shopper and took me round the racks to discuss other makeup issues. I believe Boots is now owned by a US company but I'm nor sure if the brand name will be used in the US. Their No7 range is OK or a reasonable price, my colour registered as wheat in the No7 foundation shade .

Very nice Teresa. I guess they didn't really look at the pictures and make that connection. Pretty crazy.
    Part Time Girl

Teresa, So pleased that your unexpected coming out to your friends went so well, I would say that you did the right thing by explaining to them your feeling and how you cope.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Gobsmacked is the word that comes to mind seeing your avatar. Full of poise and composure and outward confidence. You sure do oose femininity. I am so jealous.

Nice story Teresa with a great ending, as long as your wife doesn't find out you told them. I did LOL when I read how they reacted when they saw your picture, must have made you feel great!! not surprising though.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    They have only known me as teenage boy then the man , they were guests at my wedding, after all those years they didn't expect a female side to appear . All they have know is a hard working guy , making a living extending houses, raising a family. They fully understand now what has partly driven me, all those years of trying to bury the femme side of me , the wife use to call me Superman now she's confused what label to add.

I had a similar meeting with some at a party.
    It was a photograph of me in a drag costume, I was asked why my sister was dressed so outlandishly.
    After a lot of explaining the only response was........ Oh!

Later in the evening I heard that I had tried to put one over the group by saying it was me dressed up. :-)

No I do not have a sister.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Bev,
    I assume from that you want me to admit I do have a girlfriend ?

I can admit to having a sister , my daughter said I looked like a glamorous version of her .