Thread: Sent wrong PM to wrong person on FB! Panic!

Sent wrong PM to wrong person on FB! Panic!

Wow, my first big senior moment boo-boo, on Facebook, in years!! I was working on two PM'sd at once, and I forgot my reading glasses. One message was to a tall GG model, in Europe, who i came out to as a dresser, wishing her happy birthday, on my guy account, and telling her about my Alice torn account. Trouble is, i sent that PM, to a person i had given a travel trailor back to, who was wondering if i had the missing key for it. I wrote applauding things about the model's looks, and legs, and about my dressing!!!!!!!!! I have no idea how to delete a Pm sent out, on FB! So, i just went to the person's sight, and UNFRIENDED THEM. I hope that message did not got through! Fortunately i stopped before sending the wrong Pm to the other person. Senior moment. Do any of you know how to delete a FB pm already sent? I can't read well without my reading glasses.

Avoid FB myself, eliminates possible cross-pollination. I'm guessing there is no solution but will be interested in the responses to see if there is something that can be done.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Post that your account was hacked and for people to ignore any strange things. lol

you have to block them and then delete your profile before they read it, otherwise they will know

Gaby's solution sounds like the only possible fix.

This is why Kelly doesn't do Facebook. She leaves enough of a trail with her online shopping trips.

I'm anti-facebook anyway. If my friends and family have something they want to share, they know how to get in touch with me (and vice versa)

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    go to the post ,click the post . in the upper right hand corner is a downward pointing V , click that . You have the option to edit post,delete post or turn off notifications for the post. Any of the 3 will do it.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Kelly, would that work on a private message? Whenever I have a FB question I google search for the answer. It's the easiest way to find out from my experience.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    What's Facebook?

Facebook is an all encompassing force that when used properly allows humankind to communicate with understanding and harmony, unfortunately that feature was never turned on.

www.facebook.com

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Ressie;

It depends on which messenger service you use. If you use Instant Messenger , you cannot delete posts to other people . That's why i PM post directly to people on FB instead of IM. There are other Messenger apps, that you can,
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

You can delete them on your side if you hold down on the message It gives you that option. I can't say if the other person still can see it or not. Other option say someone hacked your account or was playing a joke on you.

Sorry Aice I know I shouldnt but I couldnt help laughing, just when your life is getting less complicated you have a senior moment. Dont worry about it its a minor hiccup in your life. At least you didnt send it to your brother. Lol

Heather, That is for sure!!!!! i simply unfriended the person, and blocked them. Whether they get the embarrassing personal message, I won't know!

Ah-May-Lee
    I guess using the old "I can tell you but I'll have to kill you if I do", response is the way to go. Sort of the same, I can tell you about myself but I'll delete you from facebook if I do.

The other person might be wondering why they were unfriended. But, do whatever is best for you.

I don't know how to stop a message on facebook once it's sent.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Amelie, The party i sent the wrong message to, I had bought a used travel trailer fom last fall, and gave them $200 extra, and several sacks of groceries to them, because they said the wife was out of work. I had no where to store the trailer, and asked them if i could leave it there until i found a place. I found none, and also that RV parks here are all closed for the winter, and more expensive than my rent.. So, i asked them if they would like take the trailer back, and not have to refund me anything> I had paid $1700. So, they get the trailer, and the money! So, after i changed the title to me, which cost money, I returned it to them. Weeks later, they message me, that i have one of the keys yet. I do not remember having it at all, and must have simply lost it. I told them i would look everywhere, and i only found two keys, which i do not think are the one, but, i sent them in the mail to them. I accidentally sent them the wrong message, i was going to send to a tall female model in Europe, that i had messaged back and forth several times in the past, complimenting her photos on FB. I also typed a lot about my CDing. After i sent it, had found the mistake, i realized there is no way , or time to try to figure out if a PM can be deleted after sent. So, Amelie, i did the only thing. to stop the message! I unfriended them, and blocked them, hoping to stop the PM. These people are not real friends, anyway! Just a family i did business with, who could spread it around. I also apologized for unfriending them, and explained why. Not being mean at all.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-13-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Ah-May-Lee
    I didn't take it that you were being mean. I just thought what was the other person going to think being unfriended. That might make him ask questions, maybe?

I was just being silly with the "I can tell you but then I'll have to kill you" part.

If the person could give you problems then unfriending that person was the way to go. Do whatever is best for you.

I have unfriended many people on Facebook, mostly cause I didn't know them from the start and they talked to much trash. Sometimes I unfriend people in the offline world too.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Thank you Amelie for clarifying.

If you unfriend them then they would still get the message. They are probably scratching their head over why they were deleted.
    Part Time Girl

I'm thinking if you paid them 1700 for the trailer and gave it back they can pay 35 dollars for a lock smith.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

You seem to have a lot of these "accidents". I am starting to wonder if you really should be online, let alone FB, cuz You've outed yourself so much there almost isn't anyone to tell any more lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

All said. I deleted my FB account three years ago, I'm just not a fan of it and hate the FB politics.

You cannot delete a Facebook inbox once they have been sent. Deleting it on your end simply gets rid of it at your end.

Your two options have both been suggested above, I like to idea of sending a follow up email that seems to be generic that says sorry it seems as if I have been hacked so please ignore any weird messages from me. You may even want to consider sending them another 'weird' email that doesn't mention your CDing but is clearly not a normal mail. Then send the 'I have been hacked' email it makes it more believable

Alternatively you can remove that person as a friend and block them they will still get your email but as a Facebook person you will be invisible to them. But they will have received your email.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Once it is sent, it is too late. I suppose you could a your account was hacked, but I think you just need to grin and bare it.