Thread: New place and new experiences.

New place and new experiences.

I rented a room form Karen after being homeless for a month. A nice lady a little older than me. I have been here a just over a week. I only have some of my clothes most r in storage, thou the only guy clothes I have r my work clothes. T shirts and jeans. It was not easy finding a new place, I'm out and told everyone I'm TG up front. Karen said she didn't care and she doesn't. Yesterday being mothers day I asked her Friday what she was doing. Her two kid's and two sisters r not coming to see her. I told her I would take her shopping and out to eat. She spent the morning on the phone and we planted some bellpeper starts in the garden I got ready and did my nails. I was going to go in guy mode but I don't have anything to wear. I put on skinny jeans,striped t shirt, salmon hoody,strappy sandals, earrings, bracelet. No bra or makeup. Hair is long and dyed so I don't wear a wig. Karen is disabled, she requires a walker and is on oxygen. So it takes a bit to get her in and out of the car. I don't mind we r not in a hurry. At dinner I was pleasantly surprised when our server kept referring to us as ladies. I don't usually go out that way. I do always carry a purse and I don't have a beard. I have been living as Jean for the last year and thought that I may have to go back living as a guy. Karen's sister Debbie who stays here sometimes to help with Karen's care has started calling me Jean. All I can say is watch out what u wish for.

Funny how long hair and jewelry plus a clean shaven face with a purse seems to denote female enough that we are addressed and "treated" as such, not that I mind really. I hope you find a place to settle into soon and good for you for being such a caring person to others.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Hi, Jean.
    It's good to hear that you have a roof over your head, and found a new friend in the bargain. And bless you for thinking of Karen on Mother's day.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie