Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of us

One of us

Ok so I just thought of this and had to ask, how do you spot a fellow CDer? I mean one in male mode, I know many of us are very secretive and careful how we act or even speak, but, there have got to be similarities or traits that we share that we can spot I am always on the look out at work as 80% of the staff are male and over 700 work there I figure there is a good chance there are at least 7 other CDer's hiding out there. It's hard to say maybe there isn't a definitive way to determine who is and who isn't but I wonder if any of you girls ever suspected anyone or maybe you have a knack for picking up on others?
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

I would say shaved arms is a good sign, legs too unless they are into running or swimming then that shoots it out the window. Longer nails can be a sign and i think very nice eye brows could be too. While you may have suspicions that someone may be CD, it doesn't prove it so approaching, assuming, and asking would be out of the question. Of coarse if they are wearing girl jeans, and you would be the one to know if they are girls or males, that would probably be a clear cut sign. Again though, you never know, this is 2017
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 05-13-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Grammer police caught me ;)
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That would be very hard as several of them act manly and even a fem looking one might not even crossdress. Even ones with long hair might not. But if you get to know them a bit better you could make a guess at it but still might be wrong. Only if they tell you.
    Part Time Girl

I have run into guys that I had a feeling might be "one of us" but not because of any traits I noticed or anything I could quite put a finger on, it was more of a gut instinct thing. Ran into one at work fairly recently as a matter of fact.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Sometimes its easier to spot a member of our august community by the light of a blue moon on the 5th Tuesday of February.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

OK, this is one of those assume-ing things! Yes, it will make an ass out of you and me! Do not do it because there are no sure triggers for this one! I did this once in my bad boy days! Local man with a very high pitched voice! Must be gay or something! (sorry to anyone who is gay no offense intended!) Turns out the man was married with three kids! No do not assume! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I assumed that I could sort of tell at one point but I was probably wrong each time. I do know two others and even I can't tell when they are in male mode.
    I on the other hand, I'm quite pickable. So my Knack of picking is when a guy looks at my nails or legs, or just gives me the up and down look. Then again he may be gay or just curious!

Second thought, Eye contact. No that could fit into the gay or curios category aswell!

I'll just stick to letting them tell me after I openly tell them!
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

This make me think back to a thread one time here about there ought to be a sign that we could all give to each other.... There was talk of even a symbol to put on the car, a sticker, and even a secret handshake ..... Lol just teasing about the secret handshake.

Lol,
    I always say, usually it is the ones with the biggest pickup truck, or the ones that put us down so bad. Had a mechanic like that years ago. Piece of equipment broke down and he crawled underneath it to fix it. He bent over to do something. His coat came up and showed his pink panties. I never said a word. But I thought, mine are black today, lol.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Sort of like Bree said. A guy was around lumber that had a nail sticking out and he hooked his pants on the nail and tore a big spot out of the rear. He was wearing a pair of white nylon panties. That is about the only way I can tell, if I see them wearing female clothing.

I have better luck picking out males who present as women.

I would say to look for the guy with the most masculine activities. The Marine or Special Forces. Was a SEAL or Ranger. Rides a motorcyle and is very competitve. So many of us tried to be masculine when we were younng that it got us into other things of this sort. Fact.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Guilty as charged Genny.

I'd say wear a button that says, "Ask me about my crossdressing" and they'll find *you*. See how easy that was? If you don't want to do that, maybe they don't want to do that either and you should give them their privacy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good luck Nicole when you find out the key to spotting one you let us know.

I don't think there is any definitive way to determine, unless you've bumped into them when they were presenting as femme.

Or, as in my case, you make a faux pas: after a weekend, I apparently didn't get all the polish off of one nail. Just a small little dot. A co-worker pointed it out to me, and in a low voice said: "I always check twice to make sure its all off" with a wink. And we became fast girlfriends after that.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    Just put on your superman xray glasses and then you can see if they are wearing a bra and panties or boxers.

Seriously, it would be really nice if there was a way.

The only sure way i know of how to spot one of us is LOOK IN THE MIRROR. lol

Ya just have to ask.

Are you wearing a bra right now?
    What color are your panties?

Really, the only time I have an inkling is when I'm shopping in the ladies dept and there's another guy doing the same. But that's as far as that goes!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I rarely notice what men are wearing or how they are acting when I'm out (too busy observing women) but I'm sure I have spoken to or at least seen others. Where I used to work one of the cleaner guys did a drag act in the evenings, he looked pretty good!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Nicolex,
    If you go by the statistics yes you are probably correct there will be others enjoying a little underdressing at work.

How can you tell , well now I'm out far more, unless you have a sign hung round your neck saying you're one people don't expect it so most aren't looking for any signs. My thread titled , " Blimey is that your girlfriend !" puts that message across even when I had shown my pictures.

OK the next qustion is what do you do when you discover others, what difference is it going to make ? I you discover others will you come out to them and form a friendship ?

Now I'm out socially meeting so many and their partners is no big deal , the mystery of what other CDers look like has gone .

If I see another guy shopping and going through the female racks I just smile now, I don't have a deep urge to rush up and introduce myself , he's just shopping for his needs as I am .

Silver Member
    Clear nail polish on guys who do it because of brittle nails. Mine is even high gloss.

There is no way. Lots of us closeted folks go to great lengths to make sure we don't give off ANY outward signs that we are crossdressers. So while we may accidently miss something once in a great while, it's quite rare, and if you don't watch us closely every second, you aren't going to see it. My one mistake? Forgetting to take off my nail polish before going to work; I had gotten so used to wearing it, it became part of my normal behavior to have it on. When I got to my locker, as I opened the lock, I saw it on my fingernails, and almost panicked. But I had time to get back to my car and use a solvent to remove it. As it was a pale pink color, unless someone looked real close to my hands, it wasn't noticeable.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Unless someone is "out" as a CD, I doubt if you would necessarily spot one. Many of us are very discrete. Even when I buy women's wear for me, I don't go out of my way to admit it is for me. If I buy a bra at the self checkout line at Walmart, I just keep my mouth shut. However, it is rather obvious when I ask to try on a dress. But if you saw me walking down the street wearing panties under my jeans, I doubt that you would ever know.

Intuition, reading vibes and body language.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    One of these days, we'll figure out a way to do this. The spectrum is so wide of who we are, that tell-tale signs are often camouflaged because if we "know" them then word will get out to the rest of the world.

nails - I have seen buffed and polished nails on many gay men who aren't in our community
    shaved legs - yes swimmers and bikers do it, but there is a trend among some bikers to not shave
    "metrosexualness" -- this is probably the closest indication, but a 100% indicator

Run into them at a ladies shoes store with a pair of size 10 pumps in hand when their wife is much smaller...well then they probably are.