Thread: Struggling Lately

Struggling Lately

Not with my decision to transition as my life is far better now then before. The struggle is with my life circumstances, work and such. I am going to see my pshyc. next week so that is covered. Life in general just seems inherently difficult at the moment.

To the ones new to this wonderful place. Be wary of people that say they support you when you take your first steps in this muddy cornfield. When you get knee deep in the middle of the muddy field and more of THEIR friends find out they have a tranny brother who is now their sister things may not be as they once told you they were. Their support and friendship will fall by the wayside and you will find that blood is in fact NOT thicker then water. They will bail on you to save themselves from their own embarrassment. And don't give me that, if they were really your friends they wouldn't care stuff, that is no more than something we tell ourselves to make US feel better.

Hold on for the ride the coaster may slow down but it never stops.

Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Rachel, I'm sorry to read about the people who have let you down - I know from my own experience how bitterly that hurts.

Some people truly are good friends come what may, but some people who should know better will let other people's prejudices get in the way.

We may be thousands of miles apart, but there are people here who care.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling. Please know that in the midst of all that is going on in your life, there are people who care.

Carlene

Sorry To All

I am sorry for bailing but I needed some time away or so I thought. Actually that was about the worst thing I could have done. I thought my transition was over but what I actually found out was I don't think it is ever over. When I no longer had the support of the people here I struggled mightily. Turns out I needed the support I received here even if it was only a place for me to vent, bitch and brag. I also found out you should do the latter sparingly as just when you think all is good someone will pull the rug out from under you. It's been a year since my brother and I have talked and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Thank you to that one special person that took the time to reach out to me. I won't mention you by name Rianna but that one little question you ask has brought me back to a place that I should not have left. To everyone if you get a message from someone asking "how are you keeping?" from out of the blue that is when you know someone out there cares.

Hugs
    Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Rachel, Roanoke, your home, is where colonists from England began a settlement after lengthy travel across the sea. They were brave survivors. Metaphorically your sea voyage is over and you are now struggling ashore, but you will make it. Have faith and be strong. We are with you. You need not apologize to us.
    Marie

There is an ancient joke that Sgt. Carter is instructing on field first aid, "if a man in your platoon is bitten by a venomous snake have them remain still, cut X shaped incisions on the punctures, and suck out the venom" (BTW - God awful advice, and very outdated)
    Pvt. Pyle begins dancing in place waving his hand, the Sgt acknowledges him
    "Sargeant - what is to happen if I am relieving myself, and a snake bites me on my buttocks, or my manly region"?
    Sgt. Carter - well private Pyle, you become one of the luckiest men on earth, someone who knows who his real friends are

Transitioning gets lonely because you start to realize the difference between an acquaintance, and a friend.