Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you prefer?

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar

Wink What would you prefer?

Hello girls,

So I have a question for the masses, something I've often thought about but couldn't quite figure out how to put into words, so here goes.

Obviously, we love dressing as the opposite sex, for a plethora of reasons. But what if that wasn't the case, what if what we do wasn't considered crossdressing, just a man wearing a dress, skirt, make up, etc., because thats what he felt like wearing that particular day? The articles of clothing that are considered the most feminine are often the ones we love the most. But what if all the conventional womens clothing was unisex? Would you still dress, and if yes, would you still try to pass as a woman? Would you still wear breast forms and tuck?

Imagine you could choose to wear a suit to work one day, and a blouse, skirt, makeup and heels the next and it wouldn't be crossdressing?

So, do you prefer that it is crossdressing and that adds to the thrill? Or would you rather all clothing be unisex?

Banned Spammer
    Clothes ARE unisex. It's the idea that only women wear dresses that we make it out so.

If I could wear a dress and nobody would blink an eye then yeah I would, every day.
    There's no particular 'thrill' about crossdressing for me, I just love how I look in female gear.

Would women still differentiate somehow or are we talking about a society in which the sexes were indistinguishable? As long as there is something considered the feminine, I feel like I would be drawn to it. If there wasn't a feminine the question becomes nearly impossible to answer because the difference between men and women has far reaching consequences throughout the development of modern culture. It would be like asking "if you had different genetics, different parents, were raised in a different culture with different friends and were educated differently, then would you still be the same?"

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    Yes, in this scenario there are still men and women. I'm talking more about the clothes themselves, if there was no thing as "dressed like a girl" would you wear make up, dresses, high heels etc?

I would wear the clothes, shoes and accessories, but wouldn't deal with wigs, makeup, or forms. The main reason why I use the latter is to blend in better, so that societal dictates don't get me maimed or killed by someone who feels the need to do that to me. If the threat is gone, I could dress in public without the wigs, etc., because I would already be blending in.

As it is, when I am presenting as male, I am already pushing the societal envelope slightly, with what I feel I can get away with. So I wear jewelry, women's jean, and some women's shoes (flats, athletic, and boots). I occasionally test the limits further to see whether I attract undue attention. So far the only issue are groups of teenagers at malls, and just a handful of times.

Sami

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Would you still dress - yes, but if it were truly unisex im not sure if there would be a difference.
    would you still try to pass as a woman? yes - hair makeup accessories
    Would you still wear breast forms and tuck? yes and yes.

Just an opinion it seems for Western women ALL clothing is unisex, with the possible exception of a jockstrap.

Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Kelly, you have got that right about everything but the jock strap! Made me laugh until I realized how unfair society can be with regard to dressing.

Banned Read only
    Michelle, Great post; and my answer is unisex and yes, yes, yes.

Anyway you could make this happen, I'm ready to dress like this tomorrow morning.

I get what your saying, the taboo does add a flair of excitement; even for something as simple as buy clothes. Your question (although I understand the difference) is comparable to asking "If you could make it so that you would have been born a girl, in the same life you have now (parents, situation,...etc), would you do it?"
    A lot of people struggle with that question, because there are more variables that we could ever possibly account for, but for me the answer to both of these questions is a resounding "Yes, absolutely."

I could be myself and the only attention I get would be whatever attention I earn from being my own goofy self, not from how I look (unless that's part of the goal- than by all means

At the end of the day, if I could go to dinner with my family and friends in a pretty, comfortable and light little sundress and a pair brown leather sandals with my hair, makeup, and nails done, knowing full well that nobody would so much as bat an eyelash, I would absolutely do it. I would finally get a chance to express myself exactly the way I want. No more weird looks, no fear of comments, nothing but my own personality can bring me down.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    For me it is not just the clothes, it is how you feel when trying to emulate a woman. It is the shape of women, the way they act, move, their mannerisms. It is much more the just the outer layer.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I would wear a lot more dresses and skirts. I'd ditch the wig, except for special occasions.
    I wonder that if I was able to wear whatever, whenever I wanted if it would tip me over into wanting to transition.

Defiantly would just wear the clothes. I prefer being a guy in a skirt or dress then trying to look more like a girl.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I would most definitely still dress and would not care what they call it, I love skirts and cute blouses and enjoy doing my makeup so most of the time that's how I would dress if it became an excepted practice for some men to dress that way.
    I would prob wear a bra and fill it in some way as well.
    Last edited by Rachael Leigh; 05-15-2017 at 08:22 PM.

I wear my bra and panties everyday I am just being me I feel better about myself and I am more relaxed and deal with stress and the pressure of everyday life better

I would still dress and wear breast forms just i would even dress more often in because they feel more comfortable and the breast forms makes the clothes look better

I would always wear what women are wearing at the time.

I think breasts will always be a part of me, women are shaped like that. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have to admit that I really love the adrenaline/rush of being on stage fully en femme.
    But at the same time I just love looking as pretty and passable as I can.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

For me, it's important to have the full appearance. Wearing female clothes without wig, breast forms, high heels and make-up would not do it for me. As for most of us, we behave differently and perhaps feel differently when we're fully dressed. I realized that I'm almost a different person when I'm out as a female or full crossdresser.

It's kind of a non sequitur in that it's impossible to tell how one would feel in a world like this without actually living in a world like this. That being said, if I woke up tomorrow and the world had somehow miraculously changed overnight, I would be whipping out the plastic and getting busy with my new look!!!

I would still wear dresses and skirts. It doesn't give me a big rush or thrill wearing womens clothing I simply love wearing them. And the bling.
    Angie

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    How cool would that be. But unisex? Nope, at least not in today's context. I love the dresses, I wear a wig everyday male or female, breast forms I could do without I only wear them now to make the appearance more complete, and there are plenty of flat breasted women out there. Makeup yep I do a little every day now either mode. Jewelry? I love jewelry in both modes too. Tuck Yes. Shave Yes I hate a harry body.

Clothes are clothes! Society dictates who wears what! Given your scenerio and I was free to wear what I want, I would be in skirts and dresses when not at work! There is more to it than clothes and I would be fully dressed with wig and makeup and forms as I feel that completes the look regardless! There is and always will be a little bit of a lady inside! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I believe the clothes open the door to let the femme side out , I feel part of me is female, to show that part of me justifies a need to dress to allow me to be seen as a woman and accepted as one . Dressing as a man and telling people I'm a woman inside will only draw blank expressions, I've been told I make a convincing woman by GGs , that doesn't mean I pass because we never can, there are too many details we will never achieve . I would love to go out dressed every day , of course we can't dress sexy all the time, besides who are we doing that for ? We would have to conduct ourselves as any GG would and dress appropriately for the circumstances, some clothes can be considered unisex, but I wouldn't wear them because I wanted to hold on to my masculinity , I've done the male part most of my life and now I want to bring Teresa fully into the World, if it means wearing different clothes and ones I prefer to wear now then that's fine .I keep taking the small steps forward to achieve that .

Is it a thrill ? At times it is , as we push a little harder there is that element, once there it feels good and then you look back and wonder what all the fuss was about . Next weekend I'm pushing my boundaries a little further , a new venue staying over going for a swim possibly meeting far more people .

I guess my question would be, who would "set" the unisex style. Most people have their own.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Isn't that a bit like asking what u would do if you lived in different world on a different planet? We can guess but we'll never know will we?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!