Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdresser shopping in the UK?

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I show the SA a picture of Cheryl and ask them if that would be a problem.
    The thrift stores are the best.
    The only items I buy new are Jodee bras.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    Once again I feel the need to defend Scotland. Shops that are not happy to serve you as they would a woman are very rare indeed. I shop all over the country and my favourite shops are all boutiques in small towns and villages. And there are ones that seem very straightlaced that turn out to be very nice. And all this includes shopping as a man as well as shopping fully dressed. Remember we are a country where most of our political leaders are gay or bi - Scotland is way more liberal than most countries.
    Totally agree - my experience of shopping anywhere in the UK (Glasgow, London, Manchester, Liverpool) has always been fairly easy. Of course, it's a little nerve-wracking, but the shop assistants generally want to do their job. I recently purchased a Henry Holland dress (oddly, this was for my wife for her Christmas) and the shop assistant jokingly said "is this for you?" (she was genuinely joking, I had my daughter with me at the time) and I just laughed it off.

I was shopping in John Lewis in London a few years back, looking for a new bra for myself, and the shop assistant asked if I needed any help, but I politely declined. She came a little closer and said quietly "if you want to try anything on, just let me know, we're very discreet". Of course, I was embarrassed - but I now wish I had taken her up on it.

The thing to remember is that you're not doing anything illegal or perverted - you're making a perfectly valid purchase. Of course, it is down to the individual shop/store if they're comfortable with you trying items on. Remember, there's a lot of bold weirdos in the world who would do this sort of thing for other reasons. Just don't give the staff any reason to suspect that you're not doing things for the proper reasons and you'll be fine.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Jack, welcome to the forum.

Department stores offer anonymity and frequently indifferent sales staff who are so bored that they barely even glance at you.

Check for returns policy, or be brave and ask to use a fitting room. Obviously intimate items can't be tried on, and may not be returnable, so buy underwear on the generous size, unless you like it tight (I do).

Above all, think of it as something fun and don't project an air of fear or shame- if you are vulnerable to those emotions. If it's stressful, go back to ordering online, and again first check the returns policy, and oversizing is safer than undersizing.

Let us know how you get on!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack123 View Post
    ...reb.femme? You mentioned Bristol is your second home?...
    Sorry Jack, I didn't see your message to me in a following post.

One of those names, you don't call out on a plane, "Hi Jack".

No, I haven't lived in Bristol since 1998, but my heart still resides there, in part. Sadly, I lost someone and moved back to London as a consequence. Epic memories of my time back then and revisited for work just last year. Met a local group at The Palace pub, Old Market, Bristol. I can always pm a contact if needed.

You'll enjoy your time there, guaranteed.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    I went shopping last night for new bra and panties and I needed some new hold up stockings too, I had looked on line for anything that caught my eye and jotted down the details of what I wanted

I went to the shop, had a look and couldn't find what I was looking for so asked a female shop assistant that was working in the lingerie department, she went and looked with me, couldn't find it so checked on her computer screen, then she knew what we were looking for, she took me over and found the right bra, checked the colour and size for me, said how nice it was and went on her way, she was lovely and there was no hint of anything other than a super helpful sales lady

Went to the till, paid for my purchases, the lady checked the sizes were correct and had a nice chat with me, no hassle, no silly comments, just a real nice relaxed shopping trip and I was very pleased with my purchases

Aspiring Member
    If you know your size, an easy way to shop is in the supermarkets. Larger Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda stores sell clothes. Pick what you want and go to the self-service checkouts. M&S have self-service in the food halls, but there's nothing to stop you buying clothes via the self-service. I've done it loads of times.