Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

Courage to post a profile pic,

I would love to post a profile pic, but its a huge step for me, really not sure.
    Was wondering how many people join the forum then post one straight away?
    Or do people just get round to it eventually?

Banned Spammer
    If you're worried about being judged, don't be. We're all in the same boat here chick

I didn't post a profile picture for a long time because all the selfies I took looked horrible. (I don't have a camera.) Then one day I took one that looked OK. So I posted it.

If you have a nice picture of yourself, post it!

Cynthia

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I have been here a few years and haven't... tried to but either the site or my computer failed.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Allison resize your picture to a smaller size cluck cluck cluck LOLOL
    Just teasing GF.

Posted my profile and avatar after my transformation! Did not have anything decent before that! Bad phone camera pics! So basically when you are ready dear! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I was on the forum about a month before I posted a picture of myself, literally the first time anyone had ever seen me as Diane. Didn't regret it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Well my first photos were my eye, and then my toe, until I got a photo I liked well enough to share.

Go at your own pace, there is no expectation.

Hi Kym

Posting a pic of any kind can be a daunting prospect for new members.

Most post a profile pic when they feel comfortable.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Kym, I believe there was about a two year gap between joining and posting a picture.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just remember that once you post a pic, especially if it's going to be your avatar, the world will know you're a crossdresser, and there's no turning back. Be really, really sure that you can live with EVERYONE knowing, along with all the potential ramifications that go along with it. Sure, the desire to 'be your genuine/real/authentic (or whatever synonym you wish to use) self' can be overwhelming. But don't let the pink fog convince you that everything will be just wonderful once you're out. Too many horror stories out there. While there are certainly quite a few people here who are out and are just fine with it, that might not be how it works out for you. Consider the worst possible reaction: Family hates it, friends think you're a freak, co-workers don't want anything to do with you, your boss doesn't like it so tries to get rid of you for some other made up reason, and the people in your neighborhood and at your local hang out want to beat you up or kill you. If you can accept dealing with all that, then proceed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've been hiding Miss Judy for forty years and I work so hard on the transformation I would hate not to share.
    I just hope that un-accepting people don't figure out who I am.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hey Kym,

I've been here several years and haven't posted a single picture.

Why?

Because as "Sometimes Miss" pointed out. Once it's posted everyone who see's it will know I'm a crossdresser. While working I didn't want that to come up in my professional life.

Now that I'm retired I am thinking of relaxing the restrictions some. However; there is life after retirement and my feminine side isn't the be all to end all.

It's a journey I'm taking one step at a time.

Good Luck on what ever you decide.

If I can post pics of myself anyone can.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes Kym, it's a big step but honestly for those who say this could expose you well that's if someone you know goes to a site
    like this. I posted mine early on and my biggest fear was that guy can't do makeup lol, well it's true but I'm still learning.
    Wish you the best in your journey and welcome
    Rachael Leigh

Banned Spammer
    If you do a good job prepping for your profile pic and your make up is decent people you know would never be able to tell its you.
    The reason is they don't think of you as a female, they see the pic and think female so to them its not you because you are a man.
    I was using logic there.
    See where I am going with this? I hope so.
    Then again if they came here then they may be a CD themselves did you ever think about that?

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    If you're not ready, you're not ready. Don't feel like you have to. I've been a member since 2005 and didn't show my face here until last year. But I will tell you once I did, the feedback from the community was very positive, and it gave me a huge boost in confidence!

Banned Spammer
    I agree if you just aren't ready thats fine. There is no rush in doing so.

I waited a couple years out of fear. And then after i posted a family member knew I was on this site and asked which one was me as they couldn't figure it out. IF someone does figure it out, what is their explanation for being on this site too. LOL

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Tracii, I may have to. But first I have to find the hidden folder on my computer where that image was hidden! Lol

Banned Spammer
    Start looking Allison ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Just remember that once you post a pic, especially if it's going to be your avatar, the world will know you're a crossdresser, and there's no turning back. But don't let the pink fog convince you that everything will be just wonderful once you're out. Too many horror stories out there. While there are certainly quite a few people here who are out and are just fine with it, that might not be how it works out for you. Consider the worst possible reaction: Family hates it, friends think you're a freak, co-workers don't want anything to do with you, your boss doesn't like it so tries to get rid of you for some other made up reason, and the people in your neighborhood and at your local hang out want to beat you up or kill you. If you can accept dealing with all that, then proceed.
    Silly, A profile picture does not "OUT" someone. If,perhaps,"super sleuth" is chasing them,then it COULD be different. I think you are exaggerating any danger a good bit.

If you'll notice, my avatar is a Bugs Bunny cartoon pic, but the profile is the real me. The reason is that the avatar is discoverable by google and other search bots, but the profile is not.

I'm at the point that I have so many pics of me all over the Internet, that one more won't make any difference. I don't think that many people will guess the boy me by seeing the girl me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Silly, A profile picture does not "OUT" someone. If,perhaps,"super sleuth" is chasing them,then it COULD be different. I think you are exaggerating any danger a good bit.
    lol, i think you missed the humor in Lexi's post....

I posted mine as soon as I could. But I'm tired of hiding. So if I can't be myself here, then why even join?... But, that's just how I feel about my situation and know everyone's different. So just do what feels right to you