Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

I want to post a picture. I'll probably ease into it. Maybe legs, then body, but it will be a while before I would dare to show my face as much I would like to.

I started a regular exercise class, so I might lose a few pounds before the picture

Aspiring Member
    Well, there you are, I've posted an avatar. It's me, some of my finery, and the sweetheart neckline of my lovely Lindy Bop, 'Layla' indigo, fox print, swing dress. Even though it's discoverable, I don't think anyone will know who it really is. As for a profile picture, if I ever have a transformation experience, and who's to say I won't, I might just post one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire_ORFL View Post
    I want to post a picture. I'll probably ease into it.
    Set your own pace. Pictures on this site are not at all mandatory. If someone tries you pressure you (or anyone) into posting one, they'll run afoul of the site management.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire_ORFL View Post
    I want to post a picture. I'll probably ease into it.
    If you feel confident enough or want to, then do so. If not, then don't. A lot of us here (myself included) don't want to, feel uncomfortable about doing so, couldn't pass in a pitch-black mineshaft ... choose a reason. Pictures aren't always necessary to see someone's true beauty.

Well said ---- as everyone looks left and sees nothing!
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

I post pics when ever I dress I don't understand why so many are afraid to post a pic. Most folks probably wouldn't recognize you and if they do What are they doing on this site anyway. If they are here for the same reason you are then you have a new friend if they want to come out to you.
    I have yet to see someone I know on this site unless I have met them through the site.
    Go ahead take the step you will enjoy seeing the comments and maybe meeting some one with similar interests

I post pics when ever I dress I don't understand why so many are afraid to post a pic. Most folks probably wouldn't recognize you and if they do What are they doing on this site anyway. If they are here for the same reason you are then you have a new friend if they want to come out to you.
    I have yet to see someone I know on this site unless I have met them through the site.
    Go ahead take the step you will enjoy seeing the comments and maybe meeting some one with similar interest

You are way over thinking It isn't like people are out there looking for CDs If some one gets on the site by accident (don't know how that would happen) it isn't likely they would see your pic even if they did would they know it was you.
    I have told people I am a crossdresser and they don't believe me unless they see a pic and even then it still takes some convincing
    Last edited by Sallee; 10-26-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: corrections
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    Twenty pounds overweight, bald and a beard. No way I pass, Not even in a dark alley, just a MIAD. No profile pic because there is nothing to see.

Many of you look so good, even many of you gurls that don't pass look so much better than I could ever look unless I made more of a commitment, which I will not. I would need to shave, buy a wig, hip pads.....the list goes on. I enjoy dressing, just not interested in digging in that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    ...Pictures aren't always necessary to see someone's true beauty.
    So true!

Posting a thread should not be a frightening thing it should be something to be enjoyed, an affirmation as to who one is a sign of here I am and I am proud of having come so far and being comfortable with sisters seeing the real me,without worrying about anything.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

When I posted my profile picture I was nervous. Now I feel so good. And I do not"pass" at my size and build. I love what I look like when I dress.

Vicky, "I love what I look like when I dress" encapsulates what many must think of themselves. Its all down to inner feelings and knowing that now is the right time to show "myself to the world".
    Putting ourselves on the map helps to get acceptance for us all.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I've been a member for a week or so now and just decided to upload an avatar and profile pic today! (Same pic)

Just do it. No body cares and it will make you feel better about yourself.

I did, too much?

Posting a picture is a rite of passage for every CD. Go for it.

Banned Read only
    I sometimes work in a country where its forbidden so I think No for financial security reasons and my safety