Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

Each at their own pace, when you post one be sure you are comfortable that its out there. Of course for the rest of us its really nice to see who we are 'talking to'
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I'm not sure if I'm up to posting a profile pic yet, but I appreciate those who do. Lots of pretty ladies on here.

Banned Read only
    Kym,
    The mods will put you right on the rules, but it only takes ten posts before you can submit an avatar and a profile picture in your personal section.

I had a picture going back a few years to when I first managed acceptable results with makeup , at the time . When I did submit it I was having kittens for a week and nearly removed it again, it is scary when you think the whole World can see it .

It may still come back and bite me but it's a little too late for that , I feel more comfortable talking to the real person and presenting as a real person . It was also the question of a femme name, when I joined I didn't have one, I logically used the female version of my male name and surprisingly had it accepted, so I'm stuck with it a but have to admit totally happy with it.

My avatar and my name are the real me , that's how I like it, no more hiding .

I have no problem post my picture at all . If any of my friends , neighbors , co-workers ask me about the picture I will come clean to them and then ask them why are they come to this site .

There's no rush, but don't be fearful.

See Sometimes Steffi's comments above. Also note the many many stories of us having to convince people we show our photos to that it really is us in the photo. Unless someone is stalking you to "unmask" you, no casual observer will likely recognize you.

YMMV
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Hi Kym,
    Do not feel that you have to rush to post a profile piccy. Some newer members quickly add a photo' but there are also some very long time members who still use the more anonymous avatars.

You will know if/when you are ready to post pictures.

Perhaps consider what might happen if your picture was recognised by someone that you were not "out" to, but also consider how recognisable you think you might really be in your picture. Some people have posted that friends/colleagues etc have not even recognised pictures of them when fully en-femme.

If you do decide to add pictures there is a section of the forum called "The Picture and Video Gallery" which is only viewable by members, not general public, so this is perhaps the most secure place to try first time.

Wish i had the courage to be more open about myself!
    Best wishes, Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Banned Read only
    I had no problem posting pics of myself here. The way I see it is if someone I know sees those pics they are here for a reason.

I did as soon as I joined. Have never worried about it because only those that join the site will see it. If someone I know recognizes my photo it tells me I have a sister here

Just to be clear, the photos on this page are avatars. A profile pic can be added to your profile page. Either one doesn't have to show your face. You can also show just part of your face or use a pic that isn't close up. Maybe a pic from behind? I like those that get creative with their avatar photos!

Jessica33's photo (as well is my current one) is blurry enough that no one would ever recognize her, so that's another option.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Ha, I'm halfway out.

In my case, a full face avatar was up from day 1. Credit to the community for not judging me that way, but I had no fear of my appearance being judged. I have had my appearance judged my entire life .

-"Hey! You'll never guess whose picture I saw on Crossdressers.com!"
    -"... Why were you on that sight?"
    -"oh... ugh... research... Never mind."

I was afraid of posting a profile picture for the longest time, but eventually I just needed to share with somebody. I figured of all the places on the internet to post, this is by far the safest. The site has no connection to my real name so it won't pop up in searches for me (I've tried several times just to be sure), and I don't exactly look recognizable anyway.

If by some slim chance somebody does find me, if they're on this site that means they are interested in crossdressing too and wouldn't spill the beans. If anything we would probably bond over it.

If anybody I know has found me and is reading this, please send me a message and let me know. I wouldn't mind chatting about it. Also thanks for keeping my secret.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I first arrived here, many of the avatar pics were just legs. That's rare these days. But, u can post neck down, back pics, or your wig, etc. hiding your face. Profile pics r rarely looked at by most here. But, your avatar shows up whenever u post!

So as to not bore myself, I change my avatar weekly. But then, Sherry's NOT just one woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I posted mine for a while but was afraid of being outed so I took it down. While I still have some learning to do, it wasn't a completely awful picture. But just not ready to have the world discover what I am.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement, i realise now there is no rush, so i will wait till i look my best then have a play with the camera.
    I am happy that i look ok so what the hell.

I posted my picture as soon as I made my profile! I am not worried about someone "possibly" recognizing me. I think I look very pretty and my wife feels the same way about me!

I just have to express my womanly side on this forum or I'll go crazy...I also post to reddit
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

It took me several months before posting avatar and profile pics. Part of it was fear of recognition and part of it was due to the fact that I was just getting back into dressing after years of not doing so and therefore I had no makeup or clothes to do pictures in and I'm kind of an all-or-nothing girl when it comes to pictures.

I started posting mine when I first joined here over 11 years ago. I guess it depends on the person as I had previously been "out" since the early 2000's.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There are several reasons why I have refrained from posting any pictures. I have intimate knowledge of federal law enforcement and how they gain access to information. It is unbelieveable what the government can access. I am not trying to scare anyone from posting photos, etc., but simply want to inform anyone who works for the Feds that "big brother " can find out anything; and potentially jeopardize your career with photos should they ever learn that you are a dresser. To those in my boat, this reply is simply " food for thought " and certainly not intended to scare anyone. I just happen to be one of the very few that has to weigh the potential reprocussion for wanting to evolve with my feminine need.

Banned Spammer
    Post one of you assets like feet,face with eyes covered,butt,hips, legs.......

If you're worrying about it there is a good reason,so don't do it. family, friends,employer,church members ect.. might see it and recognize you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa in SE Tn View Post
    There are several reasons why I have refrained from posting any pictures. I have intimate knowledge of federal law enforcement and how they gain access to information. It is unbelieveable what the government can access. I am not trying to scare anyone from posting photos, etc., but simply want to inform anyone who works for the Feds that "big brother " can find out anything; and potentially jeopardize your career with photos should they ever learn that you are a dresser. To those in my boat, this reply is simply " food for thought " and certainly not intended to scare anyone. I just happen to be one of the very few that has to weigh the potential reprocussion for wanting to evolve with my feminine need.
    Just to be sure. It seems like if the Feds wanted to make your life miserable (and some do), they don't need an avatar photo to do it. What some of us (me anyway) have posted in the forum would do more harm that a photo. And it is pretty simple to trace everything back to say this laptop.

But who am I to say. Notice I'm still missing a pic. I really had some long fingernails last week and wanted to work them up and paint them for an avatar. And yes I chickened out.
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

Ah-May-Lee
    I was so excited when I first got a computer on July of 2004. And the first thing I did was join a host of forums CD.com being one of them. The forum was a bit more argumentative back then, so much so my join date is wrong, it says Nov 2005 when it should read Jul 2004. Things got messed up. When I first joined there was this other person always saying about how people should post a pic of themselves so now I have to shell out money for a camera as well as the computer. So within a month I bought a camera and posted my picture. Before that I had a picture of Death from Sandman comic.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I am still working up to a cartoon avatar. I have a really cute one but I am worried someone could figure out who I am from the file properties. I am slightly paranoid but that does not mean people aren't out to get me (somewhat kidding).
    Last edited by jen_ross; 07-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I got around to it eventually, I felt like I'm all dressed up and not post one? It feels like being dressed and having no where to go. Just saying.
    Love&hugs
    J