Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

Reality Check
    Some people post pictures of someone else, not their own face. There's no guarantee that the face or body you associate with a member is actually her.

If you want to post a photo, you don't have to show your face.

I do not have one but I am slowly getting round to a proper avatar but in any case in one way there is an extremely low risk of someone (A) knowing you and (B) knowing that you are on this site in particular and therefore able to recognise you. I see this site as being extremely safe, so go for it.

" but in any case in one way there is an extremely low risk of someone (A) knowing you and (B) knowing that you are on this site in particular and therefore able to recognise you. I see this site as being extremely safe, so go for it."

Exactly.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Representative avatars are fine. Not many here know this, but I am NOT actually a purple maned marshmallow pony.

Really Maria! Oh, my heart is crushed, you have ruined my expectation. I was SO looking forward to seeing that purple mane. LOL And I thought you were a cat! Hugs,
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Spammer
    You could use a VPN like what's used on the DarkNet
    It's an encrypted secure connection.the Silk Road is pretty secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyneth View Post
    Just to be sure. It seems like if the Feds wanted to make your life miserable (and some do), they don't need an avatar photo to do it. What some of us (me anyway) have posted in the forum would do more harm that a photo. And it is pretty simple to trace everything back to say this laptop.

But who am I to say. Notice I'm still missing a pic. I really had some long fingernails last week and wanted to work them up and paint them for an avatar. And yes I chickened out.

Hi Kym, My perspective is a little different. While my fem side (persona) is very real to me internally, it is not really possible for me to dress up my body and face to represent that adequately. My real face/body tells the wrong story. For an avatar I chose a public domain image that seems to better represent how my fem persona feels to me. Maybe someday that will change, but for now it is what it is.

Vale

I'll post my profile picture in a day or so, but even so I don't think I have the confidence in a full-face shot. I'd like to be myself, but I'm still afraid of the repercussions of being identified by someone I know.

I'm in the same boat as you yuri. Too much on the line for that to happen. I'm enjoying it very much, but there are higher priorities in my life right now that I can't be out and about. Maybe someday.

I too have resisted in posting a picture... so here goes. Some background... I am 66, newly retired and have been doing this all my life... Wife knows and is supportive... A year or so ago, a friend of hers, (a hair dresser) gave me a make over, and this was the result. She is the only one other than the wife who knows about me. She is our best friend. I wish we had more time together to explore my femininity. I think about this ALL the time, and under dress 100 % of the time As with others, this is a HUGE step for me. With the wife's support, I did get my ears done, and have not cut my hair in two years. (I could not do wigs) I don't post a lot here. But with your support, maybe I can. I am a work in progress.[ATTACH=CONFIG]279530[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Denise1951; 07-09-2017 at 01:41 PM.

I have been thinking about posting a profile pic and will start with a pic of below the head, it’s a first step that I am fine with. Correct me if I’m wrong or missing something , but when all done up with wig and makeup and dress I really don’t think anybody would be recognized by people they know , plus they would have to be on this site and that would mean they are possibly secretly dressing too :-) . My personal issue is I am learning to do makeup and eyebrows and eyeliner (anybody know of good site or video to help with this) , and as soon as I can do a decent job I will post full picture. With me it’s just I want to look good in a picture , just like in guy mode I wouldn’t feel comfortable going out with greasy hair or messy clothes, the same goes for girl mode. That’s my two cents worth :-)

I would have thought that the chance of someone recognising one of us would be about 1 chance in a million, in a way to be recognised that person would have either to have some prior knowledge of that member and they were lurking on purpose to prove a point.
    So unless nobody close to you knows you how could you be discovered?

hello all,
    I must be honest: my avatar is who I would like to be - not many bearded CDs post their real pictures,
    luv J

Theres no judgement against that here so why not. Would love it if anyone shares for the first time too. Much love ladies!

I am just so paranoid that someone I know may see me and out me at home, to family, at work, and friends. But the more I see others post and listen to what they have to say I am less so now. I am sure I will post a picture, hopefully an avatar... but for now my avatar is something I liked that I found on the web. Brenda

I was so happy to find this part of myself and this site, that I think I posted a headshot almost immediately! I've always felt that this was a very safe and supportive site, and I'm not really worried about anyone recognizing me here. If they do, hey...they were here too!
    I haven't gotten bold enough to post on the boy vs girl yet, but maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    Tracii, I may have to. But first I have to find the hidden folder on my computer where that image was hidden! Lol
    Now that is there is just funny stuff!!!! I have lost that folder before as well

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, i feel a lot happier about it.
    Im fairly happy i look nothing like my boy self anyway so i doubt i would be recognised.
    This weekend will work it out, if not an avatar, then perhaps the picture gallery, at the very least.
    It must be good to know who you are talking to on the forum.

Not nearly ready to put myself as a profile pic yet as I'm very deep in the closet. When I have a moment, I'll find a nice pic of something to have as my avatar.

I don't know if this helps but I started with a cartoon avatar as I wasn't ready for a full-on image of myself dressed, largely because I don't want to risk being recognised. It took me a while to capture the essence of Rachel in anonymous form but (so far) I'm happy with that.

I do not have a problem showing my picture my friends already know. My parents do not and i am sure they will not lig on to this site.

It didn't take me long to post a pic. It was a scary thing but glad I have. Other then my wife and one GG friend no one else knows about my dressing.

I posted right away...for a couple of reasons. 1st so that you would know I wasn't a catfish looking to deceive you all. And second was I was a little fearful about posting and this helped get past that fear. This is all of course for me and surely not telling anyone how to go about this. It is an individual journey and we have to walk it really by ourselves. We can support each other...and that is great.

I wouldn't feel comfortable posting a profile pic of myself yet, as I haven't become comfortable with crossdressing yet, also I have no pictures of Millie and to be honest I'm still uneasy looking at Millie in the mirror so I can't even imagine a distant time when I'll selfie Millie or let my wife take her picture and let it loose anywhere near the web, but I do feel slightly odd at having nothing show up next to my posts, other sites I'm a member of (cycling & flying) kinda expect you to stick something up, but I think if it's not a shot of Millie it would be kind of dishonest, but something should go there definitely.

I posted a picture right away, I'm so silly I thought it was required!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!