Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie.Marie View Post
    Really Maria! Oh, my heart is crushed, you have ruined my expectation. I was SO looking forward to seeing that purple mane. LOL And I thought you were a cat! Hugs,
    I know, I'm sorry. But, look, I'm a pirate now! Argh!

There..... here I'm. And I'm here to stay. Been afraid through out the years. Don't even had the courage to join this forum until recently. But after that, everything just seems very normal. The fears were just all in my mind. Even posted my avatar picture. lol..... well its a small steps but very important steps for me. You can do it too...

I have posted my self but still havent posted a avatar pic. Maybe that will change today.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

I had originally posted a stock pic of just some lips...moved up to a long shot of myself, moved in closer for a face shot, and have just recently upgraded to the selfie shot that I like. It's a process to enjoy, not be in fear of. I believe the chances of someone looking for and finding you here are pretty minimal. I would rather have a good visual of who I am talking to, but I do understand some people's shyness or the need to be cautious about their image.

by the time i had made an account on here i had no problem uploading a picture but thats because i had completed my exposure therapy elsewhere already. theres nothing wrong with testing the waters and going at your own comfortable pace, don't rush

Took a long time for me to post an actual profile picture, however I really doubt anyone in my everyday life would recognize me. As you can see, my picture is fairly nondescript. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if your picture isn't too close to what you look like.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

New member here. Would probably be OK putting up a pic but would want it to be at least presentable

Maybe once I meet a few local friends who share my interest, i can get someone to take a number of pics. For the most part, selfies are not attractive.

I vividly remember the night I decided to put a picture of Kimmy as my avatar. It was after a long night of dressing up and snapping pics. I was having so much fun! I remember getting into bed around 3 in the morning looking at all the pics I took and thought to myself how cute and sexy I looked.

Usually when I'm don't dressing for the evening I'll erase my pics and videos, but I felt I had to keep these somewhere so I got on here and started my first thread in the photo section and uploaded a set where I looked my most fab. I had all these butterflies fluttering about. I was like "this is crazy! Im crazy!" But I really wanted to introduce myself to you girls. I hit "post" and I was so happy I did it. The nice comments prompted me to post one of the pics as my avatar that following day. Now I get to relive all that whenever I post.

I know posting a picture of yourself anywhere on social media is a risk, but I am ok with it.

I would tell you to post a pic! I went from 200 to over 1000 observations by posting a pic. All here want to see what you look like and most are very non judgemental.
    Love, Sabrina

I had to make mine very blurry before I liked it.

Early on I was hesitant too. Now I know I look much different crossdressed than I do when I'm in my every day clothes! I think when I decideded to take a profile picture it only encouraged me to try harder in my presentation. Take a chance!
    Last edited by Joanne108; 09-24-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Banned Read only
    I've been on this site for quite some time. I have computer phobia. It's formally called "Logizomechanophobia." And, there "Cyberphobia." To some degree I dislike all these computer devices which seem to take the place of actual discourse. It suppose being of an advanced age has made me wary of all these devices. In order to post a picture on this site I would have to buy a newer camera and then learn how to load it to the computer and then upload it to the forum. I'm sure my teenage granddaughter would be able to do it in a second.

Funny thing! When I was a lot younger I did take pictures of myself fully en femme sitting in a garden. It was film. Remember those days. Film camera with a timer. It was a Kodak disk camera. I had the film developed at a store, hoping I would look OK. I saved them for many years. Then I got paranoid and destroyed them, less anybody discover them after an untimely death.

If you have nothing to do one day and all cookies have been wiped from your computer input "crossdressers.com or individual handles into the search engine. It's surprising how many of you girls will have images appear.

I didn't join this site for a long time because I didn't have the courage to post a pic of me. As I got older the less I cared about it so I joined. Even so, I still didn't post a face pic because I think I look passable from the neck down but neck up needs a whole lotta work.

WOW

I love your figure.
    Face post should come after u have come out (24/7).
    At least that is how it is for me ... except with close friends I can trust.
    I have seen to many people burned on the web and why take a chance.

I want to hear more about u gf.
    Nice figure ... a little top heavy but u will figure out what works for u.
    Prene

<----- Yes, this is really me.*

*On IMVU.

Sorry, some of us have to be more discreet in our normal lives, and I would be too easily recognizeable.

I’ll post a profile pic once I get my 10 post in

Prene
    Thank you for the compliment. It's a big confidence booster but since I'm still in the closet(back behind the drab clothes that I wish I didn't have to wear) I'm still a work in progress. Hugs

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I posted a profile picture as soon as I could; I love sharing pictures!

But to each their own.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I didn't mind putting a pic up. I took the logic off The Producers; "What if someone from the office sees me?" "They see you, and what are they doing out of the office, huh?".

I was afraid to do it--even post comments--for a long time.

Then about a year and a half ago I figured WTF, what did I really have to lose? If someone sees my picture on a CD forum as either a girl or guy, it means they are on a CD forum too. How are they going to out me without outing themselves?

So I took the risk and posted pictures, and the earth didn't stop. I got dressed and went out and the earth didn't stop. I've actually met some great GG's who think my dressing is great. So I took the risk and got some big rewards.

For me it was not so much as courage but I felt the need to post a profile picture of me. My previous wig was not right for me and was "not me" but my new one is and now I feel I can post an avatar photo and having done so I feel so free. It has given me greater confidence, more than I had before.
    So really courage did not come into my thoughts it was confidence that enabled me to post my picture.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 09-30-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: more meaning to my thread

i think it was pretty much straight away and i think i also thought you could only see profile pics when you were logged in turned out i was wrong butttt whatever i was already out anyway. but for more closeted people i can imagine it being a BIG step in their progress of accepting it personally and finding a place in this here community.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    I just have to express my womanly side on this forum or I'll go crazy...I also post to reddit

I take periodic looks the CD sub-reddit, and for some reason I don't really care for it. Seems too much of...well, one-ups-manship beauty contest. Too many pictures, too little help/tips/tricks.

Could be just me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I've tried out a couple of different forums, and I don't like them either. I guess I'm too fussy.

I’ve thought about this since joining this site a couple weeks ago.....I’m glad it’s not a requirement, I would hate to have been denied membership to this group because I have no picture to post. Like many others have said, just not ready. I will be one day though. I do have full intentions of posting one once I get everything I need for Leah.

I don’t worry about my co workers or family finding out. My real name is not attached to this profile in any way. Plus, when I’m dressed, I don’t look like my normal self. (ex always said that)