Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Courage to post a profile pic,

Banned Read only
    I understand everyone's fears of being found out.

All you have to do is own it.

Then ask your discoverer why they were looking at pictures on a crossdreser website?
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-18-2017 at 11:35 AM.

I did right awway and was proud to revel myself to what I consider a safe place.

There will always be fear about something or other but the safety of this forum I feel is so tight that being discovered by someone you know is about 99% impossible and in any case why would they want to so and they would have to know a person was a member of this site to track down there avatar anyway. So in that respect courage to post an avatar lies within the person.
    It is from my position a liberating experience to have done so, it is a way of saying well here I am this me and I am proud to be here among friends.
    It makes me feel that I belong here as well.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I used a picture of my legs for my avatar, as that is public, and still do. When I first joined I did not show my face, but then became comfortable with the site, as well as better with makeup, and posted many pictures. It has been so many years, I can't recall if I used a body shot as a profile pic right away or not. Now I think I transform so well, no one would recognize me.
    I did try to view my profile without signing in, and it would not let me. So I don't think it is public.
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    There will always be fear about something or other but the safety of this forum I feel is so tight that being discovered by someone you know is about 99% impossible and in any case why would they want to so and they would have to know a person was a member of this site to track down there avatar anyway. So in that respect courage to post an avatar lies within the person.
    It is from my position a liberating experience to have done so, it is a way of saying well here I am this me and I am proud to be here among friends.
    It makes me feel that I belong here as well.
    Well said hon. It was liberating for me, kind of like a pressure release, to post a few images here. This is a safe place and I felt among friends here.

I am hoping to post a picture soon, not sure if I will include my face though. One step at a time for me.

Rachael that was my position, then i posted a few and got a nice reaction.
    Then cheated on the avatar, as you can see.
    Am aiming to do more next time i dress, but am still not ready for the face though!

Nice thread, I've read through all the posts and I understand and share most of these thoughts... I feel I'm gonna be ready to post some pics that I like, mostly because my wife now knows about my crossdressing, she's very supportive and she's also pushing me to post pics. But is a big step. I must say that I was quite sure that I would be hardly recognized by anyone in my avatar pic... at least until my wife saw it with me, and she said: "Nice photo, that's absolutely you, I recognize your happy smile!"
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Nobody wants to see any pics of me! I don't dress fully, and have a beard. Pretty sure no one wants to see a pic of an old, over weight guy in lingerie!

Well I finally posted my profile face picture not too long ago and haven't been burned at the stake yet have noticed some gathering firewood though.

Yes, I'm gathering firewood .... for an evening spent in front of the fire in my nightgown, dressing robe, heels, and a glass of Chardonnay. Lovely picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    ...ask your discoverer why they were looking at pictures on a crossdreser website?
    I'm not ready to share a selfie yet but like the way you think Roberta

Platinum Member
    I posted avatar pics profile pics and all sorts of pics
    I was here and wicked too far into here it cousumed
    Me ... I gave a ton of time and met members
    From here ...
    in the end I cared way too much and it really
    Hurt me ...

Being me is all I need and I promised
    Myslefe I would not put myslef in that way
    Again ...

I would say tread easy go slow and don't go all in
    Save more of you than you give away
    Persons out there will hurt you like you could never
    Could believe ......

Not that I would not do it again or would I ?

Think before you jump ... the internet is not real life
    The hurt is real .. care for outhers but keep
    Who you are tight to yourslefe ...

I lurked for over a year before joining the forum. With great trepidation, I joined and eventually posted a picture. I'm content with my decisions.

I have been here for over a year and still haven't posted a profile pic yet. You are not alone. Brenda

Aspiring Member
    This is something that I've been thinking about. I want to put something out there which is me being me, but I'm not ready for anyone seeing all of me. Not yet. I quite like the idea of an avatar, partly because it's small and partly because it gets released into the wild. I have a picture that I like and expresses the kind of girl that I like to be but, it's only a bit of me and clearly not recognisably me. I'll think about it for a little while yet and then probably go for it. What this space! Well watch the little square in the corner.

Posting a profile pic on my Crossdressers. com page was one of the more AFFIRMING acts I committed after coming out (and joining).
    So pleased and thankful I found this website, and how it has served my trans/ CD needs and growth one the first year of membership.
    Yes,..... post. It will be your first NO FEAR act of confidence
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Post a picture whenever YOU are ready, not before. It is big step and a scary one too. Only you know your situation and how comfortable or not you are. I added a picture as my avatar right away, but I've had pictures on the internet before. Don't rush things. I don't think it is a problem in anyway that someone doesn't have a picture, and reading the responses I think that's the general opinion.

I can't post the head shot. I just don't believe I'm that passable even at a size 6
    bi for now

Kathie Pantyhose
    Any day in pantyhose is a great day

Well, if that's really your picture, Kathie, the rest of you looks quite lovely (as does your smile)

Well it's not my best pic but I really liked this outfit. My makeup is just not as good as others on here and it really frustrates me. Not being able to practice a lot is also part of the problem. I have tried apps like you cam makeup and see the results and just wish I could do that myself. Anyways avatar pic changed. I like the way I look.....mostly.

Honestly I never really did, not that I was opposed necessarily, I just never really thought to do it until I saw this thread title. Don't over think it just enjoy the crowd.

Talked me into it...just an update to my avatar pic. Hope it’s okay.

Way past ok. You look great!
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    Well, if that's really your picture, Kathie, the rest of you looks quite lovely (as does your smile)
    Thank you Kasyliedaskope....that pic was when I was still an 8/10....the smile is genuine. I do love how I look these days.....need to try makeup for more head shots

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyneth View Post
    Way past ok. You look great!
    very nice pic!
    bi for now

Kathie Pantyhose
    Any day in pantyhose is a great day