Thread: i wore a dress outside today...

Banned Spammer

i wore a dress outside today...

Okay it was under a pair of jeans and a t-shirt but the change in my personality was immense.
    I grew up with social anxiety.
    Now social anxiety isn't simply feeling a bit shy but feeling like everyone judges you on every thing you do.
    Stutter once when (rarely) talking and think the entire world thinks you are pathetic waste of space.
    Trip up on the street and seriously consider suicide as someone saw you.

I'm a lot better now, more rational on this but it still has its moments.
    Regardless, with this secret dress on I felt witty, confident and smart, had a bit of banter with some big issue seller and made the checkout girl laugh at the shop.

My GG bestie says it may be what has been holding me back all these years.
    Balls need to grow enough to let me do it un-hidden but boy what a difference

To paraphrase, "Clothes make the person." Somehow the clothing is an enabler for your real self to get past that anxiety. Wait till you are fully dressed and go out. The butterfly that emerges will be wonderful.

Hi Kairi,
    That's great that you feel your confidence is improving. I have tried underdressing a few times lately & once past the initial paranoia i felt like a much more confident person.
    Really like your new avatar photo!
    Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Great to hear your dressing is helping your anxiety! Like Laura says,wait until you get out fully dressed!!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Good for you Kairi, once you get out there fully dressed a whole new world opens up.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Kari I have been out inmy
    Frontyard fullydressedbut
    Havent been shopping yet
    Fullydressed. Have worebra&panties inmale mode whileshopping.Athrilling
    Experience.

I too suffer from social anxiety, oddly enough going out dressed seems to help with that.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Good for you Kairi, once you get out there fully dressed a whole new world opens up.
    Once you realize that being in public dressed isn't nearly as scary as we think it is, it becomes a thrill.
    20 years ago it would have been a different story but I'm finding no one seems to care, or at least they don't feel the need to say anything about it.

Kairi...judging from your avatar photo, you would have nooooo problem out and about -I just LOVE that look!