Thread: Strange Funeral CD Experience

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

Strange Funeral CD Experience

What a week.... my father in law died on Wednesday. My wife jumped on a plane and left in a hurry, so she was bound to forget things. So she called and asked me to go through the closet, grab an appropriate black dress, top and skirt, plus a slip. I couldn't find any on her side, so I packed some of mine for her.

I left on Friday to drive 500 miles to link up. I picked up my sister in law (who is lesbian and married to a Transwoman) and headed south to the place we were staying. I notice my sister in law only has a backpack, and travelled lightly because she rode a Greyhound. She is the only family outside of my wife that knows about Allison. So we ended up hitting a Goodwill en route, and bought her a dress, and a skirt for me (not for the funeral or around any family). We made it to the relative's house where we are staying. I gave my wife her clothes. She and my mother in law have been through an obviously stressful week, and both were sure to forget things. So the funeral was Saturday. Mother in law decided she did not want the dress she had, so she borrowed "my wife's" skirt. My wife wore my black dress and slip. My sister wore the dress she bought, but since she only had one change of clothes, I ended up giving her a couple panties to get through the weekend. I could not help but laugh to myself a little at the thought of a CD unknowingly coming to the rescue....

So my wife's older cousin decided to do some laundry for us because my kids got their dress shirts dirty and we have a second service on Monday to attend. Of course I'm not thinking, because I do all of pur laundry at home, and throw two days' worth of clothes in to be washed with my two sons' stuff. I woke up this morning to see that she has washed everything, dried and folded it. It dawned on me that a pair of panties were missing, and I should have thought to throw those in with the wife's stuff.... my sister in law sees me frantically looking through the clothes that had just been washed, and asks me what I was looking for.... in my mind, I have just stupidly outed myself to the rest of the family, and this is not going to go well... so she went to the cousin and asked, "I threw my underwear in with the boys and his clothes, did you wash those?" The cousin gave them to her, and she waited until it was quiet, walked into the room where I had my stuff, and put them in my bag for me. I'm happy she came through for me, but lesson learned: plan better!!!!
    Last edited by Allison Chaynes; 05-14-2017 at 07:14 PM.

It will be a long time before a story stranger than that gets posted! LOL! Sorry for the losses!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Oh the tangled web we weave.

Glad things turned out well.
    Live and let dress.

First of all, sorry for your loss, Allison.

Your wife, and several other female family members are lucky to have you as part of their lives, even if most of them will never know just how. I'm with Genny, that story is a topper.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sorry to hear about a family member passing but you did a fine job of rescuing the ladies.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Thank you ladies... I did not care for the man, but it was about my wife and her family. Besides, her mom gave me some of her dad's clothes still new with tags, so return department at Penney's.... here I come!

Kind of like a comedy show!

Gold Member
    You might think of doing what we all did in the service;
    Stencil your name on all clothes. LOL
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Kind of like a comedy show!
    Amen to that. I've been reading some of these stories this afternoon. They bring a smile to my face.

I hardly think you could have planned any better given the short notice and all the others you were taking care of. It is a strange situation, but you came through with flying colors

You can't plan for other people not having clothes and you try provide for them.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The title doesn't do your story justice! Thank you for sharing

Loved the story Allison, sorry for the loss of your farther in law. Your sister-in-law sounds like a cool. Yes this could be a sitcom. Would be funnier than most of them on today.

it is nice that you came through and shared great job Allison

Leann