Thread: Being called a girl in total male mode

Red face Being called a girl in total male mode

I was in total male mode and I have lost all of my below the shoulders hair bald head due to chemo but I was sitting in the chair doing my third round of chemo and the nurse walks by and ask are you doing ok girl I just smiled and said to my self that was fantastic. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would happen but I loved it the girl shows herself no matter how I'm dressed .WOW
    hugs
    Ronda

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    That's so nice. I've never been called a girl but I was officially 'one of the girls' in a previous job I had. And when the girls were talking as they do no subject was off limits even if I was there.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It happened to me a couple times back when I was younger and thinner.

The most amazing time was when I was wearing blue jeans, t-shirt, baseball cap and I was at a local lake doing some fishing. Two high-school age boys were working their way along the shore, casting for bass, and when they passed me, I asked them if they were catching anything. After they passed on by a little bit, I heard one of them say under his breath to the other "Dude, I thought that was a woman". I guess my voice gave me away. Keep in mind that I'm 6'5" tall, and it becomes even more mind-boggling.
    My name is Carol.

Like DianeF I was a part of the girl's club at work. Now this was when no one knew about Nikki. Now only the office manager is the only full time female worker and she knows about me.
    Every so often she'll ask if I have a particular color polish or something like that. I'm her go to person if she has a femme question she can't answer.

I am happy for you that something enjoyable happened when you are doing something that is not enjoyable,. Good luck!
    Hugs, Carole

that's awesome ronda. I have to smile because something similar happened to me 2 or 3 days ago. A store clerk said "have a good day girl" after I checked out. I was in jeans and a t-shirt and have no idea what prompted her to say that but it made me smile.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I was in high school I was 15 yo at a party when someone called me she, at that time and moment all I could think of "how does he know I'm a cd?"I got angry at that time,but now I think back and smile . It will be nice to be called her,she,now .

Banned Read only
    My wife went through many weeks of chemo this year. If you had shoulder length hair at the first round of chemo the nurse may have just recognized the facial features and correlated them to the time when the hair was longer. All the nurses and aides at the chemo facilities were all friendly. I think it becomes ingrained in their personalities since the patients need as much uplifting as possible. Hope your chemo goes well for you.

Sorry you are on chemo. That happens to me a lot as I ave long hair and wear sun glasses. But when I have makeup on and girl stuff, I seem to pass okay and and always get called mam.
    Part Time Girl

Ronda, thanks for sharing that really cute story. That must have felt wonderful!

Best wishes on your chemo and recovery.

Hugs,
    Leelou

Platinum Member
    Hi Ronda , Thanks for sharing with us, I wish you all the best in your recovery......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ronda,although I havnt been called GIRL, I have sat in the chair and had the chemo,its not a nice experiance, I had five lots and I lost my hair too even my eyelashes so I have some idea how your feeling. It realy starts to bite hard at around three or four so I hope it goes well for you, its a helluva road to walk and if you still feel like dressing at this stage then you're doing well. There is always some humour if you know how to spot it . Stick with it sister and dont try doing too much , I will be thinking of you keep us informed as and when you can. My best wishes Heather

I join the others wishing you a speedy recovery.

I would to thank all of you for the good wishes and prayers I am on my 3rd cycle and have 1 more to go I cant do much so I dress every day makes me feel better again thank you all love all of you and for all that have been here or are still working on it I wish you all well and hope you recover quickly
    hugs
    Ronda

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have been battling bladder cancer for about a year and a half now, lost a kidney to it. i also did chemo and other treatments.

Daniella Argento
    I was in the supermarke a few weeks ago
    Shorts t shirt.... trainers... all totally male, no female clothes.
    The fresh produce guy called me 'Ma'am'
    WINNING :-)

Ronda... I wish you a speedy recovery!

That's gotta feel good! I was a bridesmaid to one of my best girl friends a few years back, does that count? Total boy mode, and it was before I even recognized my CD tendencies, but I was still down with being and calling myself a bridesmaid. Kinda makes sense now, looking back.

Silver Member
    While being waited on in a store, I have had another employee quickly come over to help them and referred to me as "she" or "her". Granted, they saw my long hair but didn't hear me speak, and only saw me from the shoulders up.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery, Ronda!

I got ma'am'ed at the dry cleaners a couple of weeks ago; I smiled and attributed it to my dressing so nicely that day. Although it was really drab attire, I suppose it could have been considered borderline. I just thanked the girl and beamed brightly!

It used to happen to me when I was thirteen, I did look like a girl.
    I could quite easily go around with longish hair and tops and shorts and be recognised as a girl all the time.

It does concern me that you need to have chemo to be so recognised and I wish you well with a successful round and recovery.

Ronda,
    Stay well.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ronda, I glad you heard something positive. Please accept my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Ronda I wish you success. While I have never been called ma'am or she, etc, while in male clothing I can feel for you. I was my wife's support person for over 8 years, and three different types of Chemo and then radiation.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.