Thread: I"M baffled

I"M baffled

It seems reading this forum, that across America and Europe CD's and all Trans people gather socially, in conventions and all sorts of 'get togethers' but in my part of the world on Vancouver Island not so.
    I assumed when I started my search that any TG who had a problem with protecting their privacy etc would jump at the chance of 'coming out' just among some of their 'own' but not so it seems Lol
    The one response I had was full of enthusiasm until they found we were 60 easy highway miles apart, then nothing. Again, this puzzled me for I would have thought this was a plus, for we would be able to meet in a central spot away from our own 'other lives'
    Lol,Lol
    Charlene

FetLife has a huge collection of members over on Van island. Some are even CD's.
    I know because I'm registed up there as residing in Victoria even though I'm not.. to me, it's the closest cool town to identify with. My town is just too small and with their filtering I'm sure I could be outed pretty darn quick!

It's not quite the same as the forums here, but its certainly not "Craigslist with ropes" like some would imagine.

Btw, I love Vancouver island.. it's very beautiful there. Heck, I really love all of BC.

30 highway miles (each) is nothing! Maybe they don't have reliable transportation. Regardless, hopefully you find some other TG through FetLife or another site!
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Oh, Charlene. One of the longest running annual events for the transgendered is held just across the Strait, in Port Angeles, WA. In fact, Esprit 2017 is going on right now. If you don't mind "international" travel, you should make plans to attend.

Charlene, look at meetup dot com and see if you can find a trans group in your area.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I don't 'get together' with other crossdressers because I was abused by males throughout my childhood, so I have a huge trouble with trusting males. Through my childhood, each time I befriended another boy, he took advantage of me and lied to me. A few times, a so called best friend stole my girlfriend. As an adult, the constant competition and one ups manship that goes on further alienated me from male-male friendship. Whenever I'm with another guy, I feel like it's only a matter of time before he turns on me.

The phrase 'it's all fair in love and war' to me, means that it's just a lifetime of war. And I don't feel like I can let my guard down. Especially with all the folks here who believe that we'd all be better off if we were all 'out', so I don't trust anyone not to out me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Sixty miles in the UK is a bit of a trek. It's London to my place. An hour on a train and then an hour back and then an hour finding the person

There is still a lot of stigma attached to it I think. I've extended myself to others over the years with limited success. People may think they are obligated to do this or that if you do meet. I just play it by ear any more if someone wants to get together they have to tell me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lots of people talk the talk but then chicken out. That's the way it goes. I get together with only a few members, Kate being one of them, for coffee and just chat. No need to dress but if one of is that's okay also.
    When I was more active in Allentown a bunch of us would go to the diner after church on Sunday morning, but the distance got to be too far.

Aspiring Member
    Yeah, a lot talk the talk but when it comes down to it they won't meet. That's okay because the few that do meet ended in fabulous meetings and friendships...

Charlene,

Have you come across;

The Cornbury Society is a support and social group for anyone who dresses opposite to their birth gender. This includes crossdressers, those who cross-live part-time, those who choose to take hormones (or other body modification), and people in transition.

Email: info@cornbury.org
    Web: www.cornbury.org

There's a few other support groups listed when I Googled crossdressing support "Vancouver island". Also trytransgender support "Vancouver island"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks girls for all your help and advice. I shall certainly be following up on all your tips, you're all sweethearts...thanks again
    Charlaine