Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did it start to feel natural?

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar

When did it start to feel natural?

My girls!

I dress almost everyday, and sometimes I'll be dressed for hours at a time (like now!)

With that being said, I've noticed that it's starting to feel less like crossdressing and more like just changing from from one outfit to another. Like, I don't feel like a man in girls clothes anymore, I feel like I'm just......wearing clothes. Mind you, I'm not transgendered, but it just feels so natural now. I know plenty of you feel the same, but I wonder when did it start to feel that way for you? It's a fantastic feeling, almost better than the rush of dressing initially!

I think you feel normal or natural when you fully except who you are. I don't think about women's clothes, I wear my clothes that happen to be female all the time, some more fem than others. Took many years to be this way. Marshalynn

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Great question. Took a long while. It wasn't until I had worked out who I am and why I crossdress that it felt natural. There where plenty of times when a I told my self it felt natural, when I was younger. But I think most of that was just me searching for the real me. Not me being the real me, if that makes any sense. Any way the good news! It feels natural now?

It's a hard question; it happened so long ago. I guess maybe a couple of months to a year after it started, I began to really believe that perhaps it was true, that I was supposed to be a girl. And once I accepted that, it wasn't long before I also accepted that I was supposed to wear girl clothes. I started going up to the attic where our family stored old clothes, and found my sister's clothes from when she was my age, and tried them on. Of course, they fit, which only reinforced the idea that being a girl was what I was supposed to be. So I accepted it, and in secret began wearing my sister's old clothes as often as I could. Maybe 7 1/2? 8? Somewhere back then. After that, wearing girl clothes felt as normal as boy clothes. I don't remember exactly when wearing boy clothes started to feel abnormal, it might have been sometime around 8th grade, because I remember spending a lot of summer days dressed in my sister's old dresses when the rest of the family was working, and waiting as long as I could before taking the girl clothes off before my family came home.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I started going with the feelings and the energy flow. Seems natural to me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I realized, Oh, this is just me!(another part of me!) Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

When I dress, it feels "normal". It feels the way things should be. I feel relaxed and serene sometimes.

The closest I've come to it feeling natural was back in the 90s when my wife was working away abroad. I dressed the whole time she was away - my record was 11 days in a row. At first, it was difficult. I just wanted to go back to joggers and a tshirt, but I persevered. After a few days, it became routine - and after a week, it felt like the most normal thing I've ever done. I got into a routine of getting up early, picking out my things, doing my makeup and hair and dressing before settling into a daily routine in the apartment. I watched a lot of television!

As usual, my answer is an equivocal, "It comes and goes,", but I did notice something several weeks ago. I dress fully pretty infrequently, but granny panties have been my daily underwear for some time. Now, on the rare occasion that I have to wear what a TG friend calls my "man panties" (I love that term), I am often uncomfortable, not physically, but emotionally uncomfortable. It's nothing overwhelming, but it's definitely there. Getting dressed fully usually feels "normal" and I am more comfortable (for lack of a better term) but the absence of that is nowhere near as profound. One of these days, I'm going to have to get someone to explain this to me.

Banned Read only
    Well lets see, I've been a long time in girl clothes. Feeling natural probably started when getting dressed in the morning just became natural like I had been doing it for a long time and I knew exactly what I was doing and how to get dressed as a woman in them. Let me explain. First off in the morning I look in two drawers, one has thongs and the other has bikini's and have to decide what I want and am in the mood to wear that day. Some days depending on my outer clothing I will wear a panty over a thong to hold a tight tuck if the pants or skirt require a no-reveal flat front. Once I select the underwear I automatically do the tuck and everything goes easily in it's proper place, squeeze my legs together and pull up the thong or panty and adjust. Next I know how to put on the bra for a comfortable fit and insert the forms. Usually tight girl jeans and maybe even a butt panty to add to the feminine shape. Then the rest of the clothing depending on where I am going and how womanly I want to push the look. The point I'm trying to make her is I know how to dress in women's clothes and they are the right sizes to fit my body. I know how to adjust each piece so it looks and feels comfortable. And when dressed I absolutely love how the clothes feel and look on me, very comfortable, soft form fitting and they look so good and feminine and for the "package" to be completely gone, this looks and feels so womanly. Also love the projection and look of my D breasts and how they add to the female shape. Heels really add to the girly feeling. In my mind I then I take on the female mannerisms of walking, setting, crossing legs, etc. This is a big part of it too. All of this just feels so natural and good and I just love how right it feels. Wearing guy clothes, a complete zero; they have no feeling and do nothing for me. Also for all of this to come so routine and naturally "now" I truly enjoy the emotional satisfaction of getting dressed as a woman and then enjoying how the clothes make me feel and that is womanly.

Somewhat recently for me. I now wear bras all day and night without thinking about it. I wear sling-back wedges with a 3 inch heel without thinking about it too. Jewelry is what really makes me feel naturally femme, but I really need to get my ears pierced. I rarely wear nails, but when I do, I use my fingers as if it is completely natural.

i guess I'm at the same level!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

It started feeling natural when I accepted that this is a part of me. I also felt a change when I started going out into the normal world as Nikki and doing the everyday things.

It always felt natural for me to be crossdressing. from the first time I put on a pair of heels.
    Angie

As soon as I exorcised the societal taboos of a male feeling femme and expressing it in the way of dressing. Then when I finally adopted the "I don't give a damn" about what others say or think.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm dressed right now, have been for about three hours with another four to go. When I was getting ready I just grabbed whatever was handy, no real thought or pre planning: that skirt, that top, those tights, yep they will do, and I'm perfectly happy with how it all looks. Of course there are times when I will plan days in advance, but often I'll just throw something on.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Daniella Argento
    For me it was pretty much from the day I told my spouse and started dressing in front of her.
    It stopped being furtive and secretive and became a natural part of me
    I started feeling more like the inner me and everything just clicked into olace

Now even she says it just feels 'normal' now...

I started wearing my mothers underwear when I was about 7, I'm 62 now and
    I have to say that it has always felt natural for me. Even at that early age I
    just knew that this was right for me but it was not the "norm" and so always kept
    it a secret.

Hugs
    Tracy

When I am drab, it does not feel natural at all. When en femme, it's feels right, though I can't describe it as natural. That would be a good goal though.

I have to agree it is like changing clothes.. But it took a while to accept ourselves and now we have no trouble with it. But I do feel girly after dressing and maybe more sexy.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalynn View Post
    I think you feel normal or natural when you fully except who you are. Marshalynn
    I'm in total agreement with Marshalynn. For many years I felt total disgust when I wore women's clothing. Society's norms and expectations were imprinted into my being. It takes a long time to really identify which norms are really gender neutral. If one really ponders the questions just about everything a person does should be considered gender neutral. In my youth women stayed home and raised kids. Dads went to work and earned a pay check. Now? There is almost an expectation both moms and dads will earn a paycheck in any field of endeavor they want, and, both will nurture kids.

The question arises as to why I desire to wear women's clothing. I have done all the manly things required of my birth sex as prescribed by old norms. And, I've done just about all of the things normally required of a woman with the exception of carrying a child and giving birth. I'm totally at ease with myself.

Yes, although I'm in a DADT marriage when I do have the opportunity to be enfemme it feels totally natural. I've had the opportunity in the past to be en femme for seven to ten days. I hanged my dresses in the closet. Filled my armoire with panties, bras and hosiery. Lined my heels up on the closet floor. It seemed totally natural to be en femme. I've notice, even if I have the opportunity to be en femme, I forego the clothes because my mind set is still male dominated. I believe there is an artistic frame of mind with my female pull. My choice of dresses is always on the artistic side; prints and florals, etc. Also I think I have a sensitivity to texture of fabric. Those aspects of clothes are totally lacking with men's clothing.

"Know yourself and accept yourself"

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I first had the feeling when I jumped in my car and went to my first social meeting, that was about 18 months ago. It all came together and I felt so comfortable. The question of passing faded away, I was finally out and living the feelings I felt inside.

Banned Read only
    To some extent it always felt natural. Sure when I was a teenager I would get "excited" when I dressed, but even after I took care of my "excitement" I still felt natural wearing woman's clothes. I may look like a man in girls clothes but, I never felt like a man in girls clothes.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 05-20-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Its hard to say, because it was quite some time ago. Female clothing has always felt more appropriate to me than male clothing, but the "just another outfit" phase took somewhat longer.

I think the breakthrough came when I started "getting dressed in drab" and then realized a couple of hours later that I was actually wearing a skirt. This happened several times. But shortly thereafter I gave up drab clothing altogether, except for special occasions.

And yes, paradoxically, wearing female clothing as just ordinary clothing is much more exciting than wearing female clothing for excitement.

Once I accepted that I am transgender, it became more natural to me. Now when oh e the opportunity, I don't think twice and that includes going out.

Lauren

Silver Member
    Hard to put an exact time on it, but some time ago and likely coincided when I became at peace with myself and accepted that I was a crossdresser, I mean I knew I was, but there was a time when I looked for excuses and couldn't / wouldn't use the word crossdresser to describe myself. anyhow, nowadays I am like you, I just dress, like now, fully dressed in female clothes but not thinking about it other than an outfit that I enjoy wearing, doing chores around the house and feeling very comfortable with me and my clothes.
    you are right, it is fantastic when you find that inner peace just to be yourself and way better than the early days of dressing when there were issues in my head.
    Now putting lingerie on or underdressing is just something I do and I love it, I feel so happy to be myself

It started to feel natural for me when I bought my first wig, along with shoes. After a MAC tutorial (and the complete set of makeup that goes with it)
    I began to feel that this was me. And I was no longer playing at dressing up. Dressing every morning before work is now the norm, and sets me up for the day.
    I cannot wait to get back to dressing fully enfemme again, it's been a long time.