Thread: I *may* have been slightly incorrect about my future a while back

The Mad Scientist

I *may* have been slightly incorrect about my future a while back

I, of course, am apparently the all-time consummate queen of 'I will never' and being dead wrong.

Oopps:
    -------
    Never change my legal name
    Never have a female drivers license
    Never have electrology - not just laser
    Never spend so much time (3 years and counting), money (yeah, just don't go there), effort (willpower), on said electrology
    Never get hair removal down on the lower unit
    Never have full GRS
    Never finally fully heal from said GRS a short 10 months later
    Never have more pelvic exams than my wife in only 10 months
    Never experience level 10 pain at one brief point in the process
    Never experience so much pain - physically - *just* to be anatomically correct
    Never get my GRS covered at 100% due to the trans surgical exclusion on our self insured policy at work
    Never have so many medical students see/examine me in stirrups (gosh and I didn't even get your #)

Never have a body with the same organ compliment as my loving and supportive wife (except grain of rice sized prostate)
    Never switch to injections of Estrogen
    Never switch to implants of Estrogen
    Never switch back to injections of Estrogen (LOL)
    Never not be able to hide my breasts
    Never NOT want to hide them
    Never live openly as a woman
    Never, ever, not be seen as a male
    Never routinely pass as a female
    Never *not* be able to pass as a male - no matter how hard I try to fake it
    Never grow out my natural curly hair
    Never spend $$$$$$$ on my hair
    Never wear lipstick
    Never wear cosmetics
    Never wear full makeup and not be 1/2 bad at it
    Never work on my voice
    Never have my voice be so vastly improved in 50 hours of instruction that it will actually be used at a national speech language pathologist convention this fall.
    Never get a BA
    Never have top to bottom full FFS (also known as 'the works')
    Never end up having 4 gender related surgeries in only the span of one year

Sigh,
    Never carry a purse
    Never get a bigger purse
    Never insist on carrying my purse
    Never have anything in my purse someone else needs
    Never tell all my kids about who I really am
    Never tell everyone in my life about who I really am
    Never be able to be free to be the real me - day to day
    Never go out in public with my family as the real me
    Never have more people know the real me - than know the fake male me (wow at 48 years old)
    Never come out at work
    Never change my email at work
    Never kill my old work email address forwarding into my new email
    Never add my female picture to my work email

---------
    Well, at least I was right about my love for dresses.
    I can and do wear them year round! LOL
    ---------

Yeah...I utterly suck. I sure don't look for a career as:
    a meteorologist
    sports forecaster
    Husband (my wife reminded me of this last one)

Final thought:

If you are shocked at this list of crap I was never going to do.....you really need to see the massive list of stuff I actually set out to do - and did.
    Last edited by Kris Avery; 05-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    Kris

Wow that's impressive! I hope that I can have a list as extensive as yours. Because at this point I think I checked everyone of those! Hopefully I can be proven wrong too!

Never is not a block, but a fear a lot of the time. Until you do something to see that you were right or you were wrong, you can not definitively say " I will never"....
    Good luck on that next never, my friend!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

At least as a meteorologist you can be wrong fifty percent of the time and still get paid.

On the never to do list. Yeah i lived like that and it was hell. Now I do most of all those never do list things. But I am beyond my career and semi retired. Now I don't give a damn about the never do list. You will get there one day.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Oh I said a lot of those myself. Denial and fear mostly.

Kris, I can't tell if you are complaining, bragging, or just stating the facts and "real" realities of being yourself in the real "ongoing" world. You know, that world that is still moving, rotating and going some place where we need to get on board or be left behind. This are your "Don'ts but did" that I like:

Never tell all my kids about who I really am
    Never tell everyone in my life about who I really am
    Never be able to be free to be the real me - day to day
    Never go out in public with my family as the real me
    Never have more people know the real me - than know the fake male me (wow at 48 years old)
    Never come out at work

Those are the ones that mean a lot for me. A big congratulations and applause. Keep on trucking, or is that minin-vanning, and changing. When we stop changing we are unfortunately dead!

The Mad Scientist
    For the record,
    Dana44: These are the things that are all done - not to do. I'm already "there". Also, in the end, I did a heck of a lot more than these items. LOL

AllieSF: You should know me better than to say you don't know my intentions with the post. I was *admitting guilt* in my past *incorrect* thinking that I could be OK without doing some/any/all of these things. (That is very hard for an engineering type do to - admit they were wrong - especially when they went on record here saying they were not doing it.)

Obviously at this point, I now have done them all on this list and really - a heck of a lot more.
    It's shocking to me as I write them all down after 3-4 years - how much stuff builds up that is "required" to make you feel correct in your body and in your life.

Yay:
    For the first time today my wife told me that she doesn't like to be seen as a lesbian by people - when she is NOT one.
    She said that for the first time a light went on in her head and she realized how bad the transgender condition can be if you aren't free to be you.
    I see this as a pivotal moment for her in understanding me. She has seen the suffering but she really hasn't understood how bad it hurts - until now.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.
    Kris

Kris, I do you you some, and as I took your list as a humorous way of sharing the things that you have accomplished, my post was trying to be humorous too as I really do respect all that you have done. Keep on smiling and joking.

Kris, this was really funny & cute. I think all of us can not ony find it humours, but also relate to it. Thanks!
    Marie

Kris,

I understand the humor, but your list really scares me. I'm just starting a path and have said or thought of a lot of these things that I'll never do. Some of them I would love to do but as other posts have said, denial and being scared have stopped me.