Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you just don't feel like it.......

I know exactly what this feels like. After three-plus years of solid performance in an ever-changing environment I lost my job in February. I took advantage of the situation for a month, but have recently been bogged down in the crap of diminishing prospects on the job front.

I haven't felt like dressing up at all, but today I made myself do it so I could go pick up a bra I'd ordered at Lane Bryant..

IMG_3086.jpg

From the rave reviews I got from the clerks at both LB and Torrid (they're next to each other) and the amazing deal on two pair of shoes, I'd say it was a good choice.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Penguins lie all the time so you can't trust them.
    They like ice cream too
    Tracii, that's one of my all time favorite jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Chenowith View Post
    I know exactly what this feels like. After three-plus years of solid performance in an ever-changing environment I lost my job in February. I took advantage of the situation for a month, but have recently been bogged down in the crap of diminishing prospects on the job front.
    I feel you. If I lost my job, playing dress up would be the last thing I'd want to do.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I said this on another thread but it's interesting so here it is. The writer Dorothy Parker once said--I hate to write but I love having written. To that I add--I love having made myself up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I feel you. If I lost my job, playing dress up would be the last thing I'd want to do.
    Semi-unrelated, but telling..
    Had a checkup with the doc to renew my blood pressure meds on Wednesday. PA checked by BP and got a reading of 122/74; doc checked again and got a reading of 132/72. Here's why that's important - I'd been out of medication for at least 10 days by that point.

Clearly something about the job was not a good fit.

Love the skirt Carla. And I never do not feel like dressing.
    Angie