Thread: My people watching experience

Aspiring Member

My people watching experience

Hi all,

Hope your all good

So I've had an hour or so to myself today and had the chance to do some on off people watching, a great love of mine!

It got me thinking of a couple of subjects I think about alot namely a:could I pass and b: objectively why I like to crossdress based on my observations today.

I will start with a:

Could I pass - Of the hundreds of people just going about there business I would say in the right outfit, make up, wig etc etc I believe I would be mostly unoticed by those who are just going about their daily business. They have a place to be and plans so will be concentrating on just getting there and little time to look around and therefore not really be bothered who is in and around them while minding their own business. Then their are those doing as I was and perhaps just having a coffee or chatting with friends and taking more notice of their surroundings. Of those I would say, in a public arena would at most comment to those they happen to be with and I would be a discussion point at most. I think it would be extreme to say that someone would literally stand up and point out 'there is a crossdresser quick everyone look'!

With this in mind if your going to and from with a planned route I doubt I would have gotten much problem.

B:

To whittle things down I will concentrate on one lady I spotted who was doing as above, going about her daily business.

She was dressed appropriately to the weather and surroundings but (from my observations) was enjoying just being her. She had a nice figure, and was dressed to what I would call a level of which would please those who chose to look but not outwardly looking for attention. At one point she glanced down at herself, more than for a split second, and then looked up again with a small smile.

I wish I could have been in her mind at that point. I believe she was happy in herself and what she represented and took time to enjoy that feeling/sensation. She went into the place of destination and that was it!

I suppose I just would like to feel just for a while what she was feeling.

Not sure if any of that made sense but while I have the time I will waffle away and at least share with friends over a keyboard

Miss S x

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I think I know where you are coming from. I do a lot of people watching, mainly women, in fact 99 percent women, and I do wish I could swap places with some of them sometimes. In my city center, every lunch time the place is full of well dressed women, meeting for a bite to eat, a quick bit of shopping, a coffee, and I observe the way they interact with each other, how they touch, how they sit and walk. I think how nice it would be to do such things without any kind of care or worry, as if it is the most natural thing in the world. As for passing, I would never claim I do, but in all the times I have been out I have had no reaction of any kind from anyone, but as you say, people are too busy with their own lives to notice.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Miss S what you observe is exactly how it is when I go out, most just mind their own bussiness and I've really only noticed a very few give me a look like I've been read, because trust me I don't pass. I've learned just be myself and be a bit more
    girly in my mannerisms as I go about and I think it's why in that 30 sec look most just see a women and never give it a second thought

Ok are in our home town/city when we do this? If I was in a larger city on a visit and a little more prepared I believe I would go for it not sure if my SO would go with me.

People watching is the best isn't it! I like your thought and point of view, she was happy and confident and seemed to be enjoying what ever it was that put that smile on her face. That sense of confidence, and comfort that she represented to you is something that I strive for and long for, I have felt it a couple of times going out, most of the time it was in response to my wife telling me "you got this babe" or just her smiling back at me. It is all about attitude and comfort. If the lady you observed today was frustrated, scared or bothered it would have been easy to spot I am sure or it would have called to the attention of others which is why I work very hard to achieve that peace and confidence when I am out and about, sometimes it is hard not to be fearful, but you know what we only live once.

It appears you have a skilled eye for people watching - again one of my favorite past times too!

Banned Read only
    I love watching women who are attired in a dress, hosiery and heels. I envision myself as them. My attention is directed to women in their 30's, 40's and maybe 50's. I've never run up to a stranger and asked her age. Most women just go about their day, but, I do think they know they will turn a head. I think they enjoy the quick glance as an affirmation of their attractiveness. They are very secure in their sexuality. Me? When I was a young guy it was great to be six foot two, 175 pounds, wavy blond hair, good build. Young women were interested. Now? At age 70 and securely in love with my wife for 46 years, it would be nice to be five foot seven and be able to fly under the radar.

I love people watching or should i say women watching. I can sit at a coffeeshop and just watch the women. Not only is it amazing seeing how women are in public, but I have also learned a lot. It is interesting to note that of course there are beautiful women with hourglass figures, but for every one of those there are 3 or 4 who are not, some are over 6ft tall, some have big hands, some have facial hair, some are shaped like an apple, some have no hips.. my point? We as TGals like to think we need to be prefect looking women to pass, when in fact the majority of women don't look like that typecast perfect woman.

I love to see how the women have put their outfits together, how they co-ordinate their look, as opposed to the men who throw on some clothes. I also love watching a bunch of woman friends in a group how much more expressive they are when they talk.. I could go on and on.

I often find myself wondering what i would look like in that dress or top or skirt too!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I get what your saying Becky, society and the perfect woman. I have been caught in trap of it, its not a good place to be. I'm 5 foot 10 inches and 180 lbs. And I'm a carrot body shape. Xl tops and blouses and medium to large skirts. Size 10 woman's jeans, depends on the brand too.

Which brings up a question for all of you. For someone my size and build the bosom department just doesn't look right in my eyes. I have a set that gives me a 42c. Tops that fit across the shoulder look like a portable shade canopy on me.

So people watching me dead give away. That's where sitting on the bench watching or just going to your local Walmart lol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There r many dressers that can't pass but go out often. They don't try to hide under loose, unflattering clothes either. Or, creep around hoping not to be noticed. They figure, "If I'm going to be made anyway, I'll dress the way I like!"

And, with their bold, relaxed attitudes they seem to mix easily with vanillas for the most part.

I'm not there yet. I'm not bold or relaxed when out!
    But, I do agree it's pointless to dress to blend when going out. Because if I really wanted to be relaxed and ignored, I'd just go out in drab.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Interesting, I do also look at women, never any guys. I can see, that some women like themselves and their appearance.

I to am a person watcher. I watch thing like step size, arm swing, hand placement and body posture both sitting, standing, and moving.
    I also pay close attention to how everyone reacts in mixed company, specially those who seem to be working at connecting.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    People watching certainly is a popular past time!

When I asked the question could I pass perhaps I should have phrased it a little differently. If you stood me in a line of 10 women all of different shapes and sizes I would be picked out as a crossdresser for sure. But there again if the question asked of a person examining this hypothetical line was asked order them in dress sense, style, aura of personality, objective attractiveness etc etc then maybe I wouldn't come bottom of every list.

As some posts have pointed out already all women do not fit the stereotypical version of what a woman should look like and added to that each individuals, male and female, point of view of what they find attractive can be the polar opposite of the next.

'Someone once told me your not pretty and you'll never be' 'It doesn't matter, I have style!' - Iris Apfel (UK Citroen DS3 TV advert)

I agree completely with Becky. Women are like men in that they come in all shapes and sizes and tastes. And people watching is really important because we humans like to do a lot of imitating. It isn't bad because it is a way we learn. There will be those that read you as a male in women's clothes, but, as a TS friend once said, few actually look that closely because they are on autopilot and not really paying much attention to what is going on around them. That said, some are people watchers just as we can be, but 99.9% of those are harmless. They are watching, they will notice, they will figure it out, and then they turn their attention to someone else.

My mother was people watching, unbeknownst to me, when I took her out shopping while I was in a nice blouse/skirt outfit I made, and heels, with some jewelry. We walked downtown, went to the store, and looked at a lot of things there. She said- "No one looked twice at you!" She had expressed support for me and the basic logic that I was different and should dress as I saw fit, as it wouldn't affect her love for me. But she was attentive to the reactions, as it turned out.

I said I thought no one looked because the first glance said it all, and I was not trying to get them to have a reaction that was different from their initial one, and I wasn't interested in whether they were watching me or not, and I was clearly a son having a nice day out with his mother. She said she thought that all made sense, and although my outfit was strange for a man, it was coherent and..I really had nice legs.

Side note- I have often found that women are accepting since well aware of the process of dressing for a look, and trying to feature your best assets, and if they aren't protective of female privileges, they are supportive in a very practical way. I think the thought process is: "A newbie willingly taking on the problems of dressing to be attractive?...ok I'll help."
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by MissSecret View Post
    I believe I would be mostly unoticed by those who are just going about their daily business.
    ^this is all that really matters. Whether it's correct, or even in most cases not, what is important is how we can feel about ourselves for a while. Even for me, who couldn't pass EVER, it feels good sometimes to think of myself as a pretty girl that other people consider beautiful. Reality sux. Sometimes all we have left, are our dreams.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I too people watch 99.9% ladies out and about! You can learn so much! Mannerisms, walk, fashion sense, shoes(ahhh!) and so much more! Still seeing women in dresses and stockings/pantyhose! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The few times I've been out en femme, I've felt eyes looking at me...sometimes I feel like I'm being objectified...have others experienced this?
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 06-02-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I have been out with friends and family several times and spotted a CD in close proximity to us. To my amazement nobody has ever said anything about it at the moment or later. I don't know if they just don't notice or don't care. You would think that there would be some kind of comment whether is good, bad or indifferent.

Banned Read only
    MissS,
    I'm sorry I've got a bee in my bonnet about passing , it's a question CDers ask when they are half in the closet, once you get out there the question fades away . If you get your trip away and find the chance to be totally out you will find this is true, instead of you doing the people watching yes some are watching you .

At some point I will tell the whole story but three of us were invited to a college as part of their LGBT pride week to talk to anyone with TG problems , so we walked in fully dressed and set up shop . So did we pass and if so what as ? we didn't blend because we weren't young students and yet we didn't have a single problem.

It's great to people watch but when it comes down to it you eventually dress in a comfort zone that suits your femme personality .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-02-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Platinum Member
    I'm happy with blending with the crowd in public situations, and despite my height and stature, (6'2
    " send 225 or so) I think its possible to go most places without arrousing any real issues. That's not the same as passing...I know I can't present myself face to face with another person and be seen as a woman. But, if I am that close and conversant with another person, I'm not trying to keep up pretenses. And I'm ok with people seeing me for who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    I've felt eyes looking at me...
    Nikki you are so pretty that's why they look at you !

When I get looked at I figure its a 50/50 shot, either I just got clocked or they are really undressing me in their minds and turned on by what they see......
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

A height of over 5' 9" used to be a real stand out in a crowd. now we have GG that are over 6' 6" and few people even notice unless they are real beauties in maybe 7" heels with 2" platforms (probably a ramp equal to 4" heels). Of course, on my days of people watching, I notice that these GGs have to duck through some doorways. Chuckles
    So us taller girls are becoming less noticeable.
    If you're tall, and don't want to stand out, don't wear 'high' high heels or heels at all.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.