Thread: Why doe's everything always happen to me?

Why doe's everything always happen to me?

Call it Karma or Kismet but as I was getting out of my truck and unloading some items I heard my(male) name being called by the woman(widow) across the street and when turning to see, she was approaching me in my driveway with a potted plant and talking the whole time. As we met half way and in full view for all to see, not one inkling from her about what she was thinking as I was dressed in a dress with all the trimmings from head to toe. Now I'm sure she has seen me coming and going but now face to face, the reason this meeting was significant is that her husband had been sick and undergoing a new form of chemo so when he did venture outside I would go over to check in as to how he was doing, no other "men" in the neighborhood would bother with him, not that I know of anyway, I was always in male mode and dress when interacting with him so the family only knew me as male so when she had no adverse reaction to me I was kind of taken aback for a second, I was expecting a million questions and even a laugh or chuckle. Now that I've had time to think maybe her one son who is in the medical profession had given her an education on gender variances after seeing me going in and out. Then as quickly as it had started it was over and she went back to her gardening as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Here is a pic of me as I was and still am dressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

LOL Alissa,. She probably saw you a million times as you. So she was just checking in with you. She likely knows and probably appreciate it when you go see her husband as a male.
    Part Time Girl

Hmmm! Sounds something like acceptance to me! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    "Not a big deal" seems to have been her response to your dressing. In my ideal world, that's how everyone treats us and I think we're slowly moving in that direction.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    Looks like you might need to swap that lovely dress for a nurses one the problem is then you might get half the street wanting medical attention.

OK I assume when asked you will g across dressed if asked now ?

Not a big deal unless you make it one. Same person in different packaging.

She probably didn't give a darn about how you were dressed, she most likely is grateful that someone cares to check on her husbands condition. As we get older we seen to be more accepting of what others see as odd.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What happened to the potted plant?

I think it is a delightful outfit and a superb presentation.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "She must have had a million questions."

Didn't u have at least one, Allisa?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

great story Allisa. it's wonderful to know that there are still decent people
    out there that are not that shallow and reward the kindness and caring of
    a neighbor regardless of how they look or are dressed!

and BTW, you look awesome!!
    Last edited by paulaprimo; 05-22-2017 at 12:41 AM.
    paula

The fact that you acted 'normally' and didn't panic probably helped, perhaps she has been you before too. Nice story, thanks for sharing it.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I think you look great - hope your neighbor continues to treat you well

Allisa, what a great story of acceptence.

1st you look lovely, but a super story...life goes on.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

What a great place the world this would be if everyone was like your neighbor. I really like that dress Allisa.
    Angie

Perhaps she just needs a bit of time to adjust, and will let you know how pretty your dress is and how well you wear it in the not too distant future Allisa.

Karen

nice dress Allisa,looks comfy too, be safe karrin

Banned Read only
    Firstly, you look absolutely lovely. Secondly, your compassion has properly been noted by her. The plant was obviously an expression of thankfulness. Unfortunately, it is too typical of many men to avoid those who are terminally ill. Many men seem not to know how to handle illness. I think your neighbor sees who you are without regard to what you wear.

I believe it just shows that you are a caring individual and have fully demonstrated its not the clothes it's the person inside that really matters. I would bet your neighbor might feel just like you and appreciates your compassion for her husband. Yes the world would be a lot better off if every one accepted good people no matter the outside clothing.

When my SO finally succumbed to her Alzheimers I was quite upset that I received no notes or cards, but thankful to those who had been kind to her as her condition worsened, so good for you; you're doing the right thing, being a good neighbor and it's nice to hear it was reciprocated.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The thing is, the basic thing is, the down-to-brass-tacks thing is, we're all people no matter what design or color cloth we cover ourselves with.

Silver Member
    Nice jester for you to visit with her husband and her to accept you however you are dressed.

I think neighbors can adjust to CDs. My neighbors know and I've answered the door in obvious fem clothes without them being shocked. Funny how accepting people are when you just a good guy that helps when needed.

You look lovely and it appears you have a nonjudgmental friend!