Thread: First outing at pride?

First outing at pride?

Katie never hit her aim of going out before her 30th birthday but thinking of a first outing later this year - would going to a pride event in another town be a good plan? Blend in while being out?

Yes, very good plan! However, as far as blending, well, um, no. You will be assumed to be crossdressed by all who attend. Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

Lol blend in with the other CDs!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie789 View Post
    Lol blend in with the other CDs!
    There you go. If that relative anonymity helps, go for it. We don't know where you are, but if the other town has a pride event, odds are that parts of it are reasonably tolerant, or even accepting. If you can blend at all, there will be fewer eyes upon you outside of a high-profile thing like a pride event. Whatever approach you choose, plan on enjoying yourself, and you most likely will.

The Pride events I have been to have been very tolerant and accepting of CD's and TG folk, even if you don't pass at all. Go, and have fun! Just be aware that most people there may well assume that you're gay or bi, as well as Trans or CD. You'll probably find at least one booth or table at a Pride event that are run by the local CD and Trans outreach programs. A great way to meet like-minded people!

The only thing I might worry about is interacting with anti-LGBTQ protesters outside of the pride event itself. At my first pride, there was a church group ranting at everyone going into Pride, saying "Wicked people are going to Hell!" I just smiled back and them and replied, "Well, it's a good thing I'm not wicked, then!" and ignored them otherwise. What was cool was that inside, there were quite a few more church groups that accepted the LGBTQ community with open arms and full tolerance! They even went out and confronted the anti group and debated why accepting us was better and more religiously appropriate than slandering us!

It is a LGBTQ PRIDE event.those there either are or support t Bjorn ose who are. Will you blend maybe maybe not. What won't happen is anyone giveing you hassle or rude remarks.if poeple assume you are gay or bi why dose that matter they aren't going to attack you for it. I say go they are fun and you can score some free swag and maybe even make new friends all in a fin friendly atmosphere.

I think Pride is a great place for your first outing! If you're more comfortable in another town, then definitely do that. But I'd encourage you to not even bother with the travel. The boy mode vs girl mode thread tells us over and over that for the most part, we're not recognizable in girl mode.

Pride is definitely on my list for things to do, and am planning on it next year. I'm also planning my first outings. But for me in will be the first in a long time. I was first out when I was a bit younger than you. Enjoy it, you're going to have a blast!

I would try this (maybe). Especially if had a companion with me.

Aspiring Member
    I was invited again last night to join in our church's Pride march group. They are persistent. I might go in male mode to show support. Not sure.
    Enfemme is a non-starter for me, for many reasons. Good luck with your decision.

I get probably won't be recognisable but think another town would help me be a lot more confident! And leaving a hotel as Katie would be easier than leaving my house =]

I go to the Austin pride. Its in August this year. I dress for it and last time I went as I was walking towards the pride event a car passed and said I was beautiful. So go and enjoy.
    Part Time Girl

He only thing I'm nervous about is walking from a hotel to the event.

Other than that just need to pick an outfit!