Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confronted

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My boss told me that my panties were showing a couple weeks ago when I was on the floor repairing a clothing fixture. I just said, Oh", pulled my shirt down and went back to work. She's cool about it.

If people notice, most would be too polite to say anything.

I wear woman's boots in public. I have a few pair anything from a 3" to 4" heel. I have had people ask about them and I just ask them if they want to get a pair too. That pretty much ends the conversation.

Silver Member
    I only own women's jeans. Was at lunch with a friend and she pointed out a guy wearing women's jeans. They were the same make as hers. He was very obvious, showing a lot of skin on the backside. I expected to see his thong at any moment. Funny part was it was a red neck place.

I've worn bras for years. I like silk blouses/shirts and wear them often. I've been in situations that my bra was obvious and no one said anything. EXCEPT, for one woman years ago. Back in the 60s I did get into a situation that could have gone bad with two guys.They saw my panties and began harassing me. They found out that was a bad idea.

I get very confused when I read members describe going out as "androgynous". Does it mean a male who does not hide maleness but who wears women’s clothes?

These are my observations:

I’ve seen only one or two androgynous-looking people in my lifetime. It is rare, not many people can pull this off. Younger people or people who are very old can pull it off better than people in the middle. These were people that I could not tell were male or female. There was some softness to the face, but some angularity too, no beard shadow, and I couldn't tell by their hair whether they were male or female. Their clothes were unisex (items that both men and women wear). The body was androgynous - no wide shoulders/slim hips, no large breasts and hourglass figure.

The definition of androgyny is, "having the characteristics or nature of both male and female; neither specifically feminine nor masculine". This describes their entire being, not just their clothes.

I have seen males who look like males wear some items of women’s clothing, and although they may have identified as androgynous or non-binary, they didn’t look androgynous. They looked like birth-males who wore women’s clothing, which made them look effeminate. This is not a bad thing. This is also not a comment on how they identified, just how they looked. And I’ve seen some females wear distinct men’s clothing (not just jeans and a Tshirt), but they didn’t look androgynous either. They looked like birth females who wore men’s clothing.

The way that people dress does not give a clue to their gender identity, even if they are wearing a little makeup, unless they go all out and present completely, or as convincingly as possible, as the opposite sex - in which case it can be assumed they are either transgender or a crossdresser. Or, if they are masters at finding the right outfit that is neither feminine nor masculine and they have an ambiguous body and facial features, then they will look androgynous. Again, this is hard to pull off for most people.

But, if the items worn are a mixture of both male and female items, and the TG or CD’s facial and body features (height, shoulder width, neck size, etc) visibly conform to their birth-sex, people will simply assume they are their birth-sex who is wearing items of the opposite-sex clothing. They won’t look androgynous.

So, if you look like a male and are wearing some items of women’s clothing, you will run across some people who will wonder why you are doing this (the questions in your second paragraph). Other people will look at you and notice that you are a male wearing these things and they will think it is fine, as you said. But, no one will think you are androgynous unless you tell them (if this is how you identify), unless they cannot tell by your face and body whether you are a male or female.

In any case, I seriously doubt that people will ask you why you are wearing these things. The vast majority will just go on about their day.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-25-2017 at 04:33 AM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    So ReineD thanks for letting us know the true meaning of androgyny. From now on I'll try to identify as a birth male wearing several items of women's clothing. Glad to hear you say it's not a bad thing. So I can take that to mean men wearing women's clothes can be a good thing, right. If it makes you happy and it's in good taste when getting dressed then just step into those flimsy, sexy little things, pull them up and tuck, hook the eye and adjust the straps, button the shirt on the wrong side, exert a little more effort when pulling on tight form fitting jeans, etc. Also my feeling is it's all just clothing and our personal choice what we like to wear and how it makes us feel, wish society could understand this. There is society and there is us (CD), they think they are right but we know we are right; why can't they understand that????

Thanks for all the input and I may not admit it but you do change my mind, "sometimes". So keep on throwing your opinions at me, I can handle it.

Lifetime TGirl
    Amazingly not until a few weeks ago when I was wearing lingerie and stockings under my suit and sitting down one could just see my suspender clip bumps. nobody has ever noticed or at least nobody has ever said anything before then. On that occasion the woman I was talking to whilst sitting at a table with her simply put her hand on my leg and felt the bump. I nearly had a heart attack and blushed profusely but nothing was said. It was a business meting and she did give me her card afterwards. G x

I wear my nylon panties almost daily. They are really very comfortable. I also have been walking a lot tearing down an old house. I'm constantly bending over picking up the old siding and nails etc from the sight. I know my pants slip down and my panties might show from the lace around the top. I'm constantly pulling up my pants. Only one that has ever said anything to me has been my wife. She says " Honey if you are losing weight we need to get you some smaller waisted jeans. You are mooning the neighbors and showing your purple panties. I've stared wearing my belt to keep my pants up. West Texas, small rural town, this would probably be put in the county paper with a picture. Answer to your original question though no never a stranger has ask me if I was wearing female clothes. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time though till I show some of my panty tops to the guys that I sometimes hire to help.... Don't know what I'll say back to them. You have me thinking though. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    So ReineD thanks for letting us know the true meaning of androgyny.
    Well, since there have been many discussions here disagreeing about definitions, I'm sure that many people will disagree with me.

From now on I'll try to identify as a birth male wearing several items of women's clothing. Glad to hear you say it's not a bad thing.

Of course, it's not a bad thing! And you don't have to identify as anything other than who you feel you are, whatever that may be. Pick any label you like, and define it any way you want to. The word "androgynous" though, if it is to be used as a gender-identity, is also a description of someone who neither looks male nor female. You can use that label if you want to, but it sort of defeats the purpose if you look male. That's all I was saying.

I've noticed though, that you spend a lot of time worrying about how others might think of you. I suggest you stop worrying about that. Just dress how you want to dress and go out there and enjoy life. If someone asks you a specific question about your motives and you're of a mind to discuss it with them, do your best to answer. That's all. Don't worry so much about the conversations you might have, until they actually happen, although the majority of people won't ask you anything.
    Reine

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So ReineD thanks for letting us know the true meaning of androgyny. From now on I'll try to identify as a birth male wearing several items of women's clothing. Glad to hear you say it's not a bad thing. So I can take that to mean men wearing women's clothes can be a good thing, right. If it makes you happy and it's in good taste when getting dressed then just step into those flimsy, sexy little things, pull them up and tuck, hook the eye and adjust the straps, button the shirt on the wrong side, exert a little more effort when pulling on tight form fitting jeans, etc. Also my feeling is it's all just clothing and our personal choice what we like to wear and how it makes us feel, wish society could understand this. There is society and there is us (CD), they think they are right but we know we are right; why can't they understand that????

Thanks for all the input and I may not admit it but you do change my mind, "sometimes". So keep on throwing your opinions at me, I can handle it.
    Your post clearly defines those of us that r confrontational and those that aren't, Deebra. U and others like u, wish to challenge society with your appearance and u have to consider other folks opinions when out. I find this stressful and do not enjoy being judged and compromising my looks when out.

Closet dressers like me never worry about what others think. Our only dressing limitation is our imagination. We dress completely free and stressless!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deebra,

Only a few times, when I wore contrasting colors (black or red bra under a white shirt) or someone noticed he bands or straps of my bra through my shirt. So far I haven't received any negativity or anyone laughing at me. One kind older lady asked if I was wearing matching panties once. Which I told her that I was if she wanted to see... We did both laugh about it but I could tell that she was only laughing because I was.

When shopping or browsing around for sales, I have always had good support with sales associates. They were very helpful so far, and had only had one instance where the sales assistance didn't want to help me because I was male. So when her manager showed up I asked her why my money wasn't good enough at this store? Because the sales associate was so loud and drawing attention to me I told the manager that I would have to shop someplace else. It was all about being comfortable and I didn't feel like a valued customer. Most understand it, but sadly not all. You can tell the ones that don't want to assist or wouldn't understand...

@--}-----
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Reine,
    This is the point I raised, having just been totally out in a busy hotel fully dressed, I didn't appear to cause any problems , no adverse reactions at all. If I had dressed in an in between look I'm sure it would have raised far more eyebrows . I'm sure more people now will think I'm TS if they actually take the time to read me , so in that context people maybe more inclined to accept and not comment or make a scene .

Yesterday at the post office the woman at the counter noticed the strap of my bralette peeking out from the neck of my t-shirt. I couldn't tell if she could tell what it was or not, but she said "she's showing a little bit." The fact that she said "she" made me think maybe she did know...but she didn't say anything else about it. In the future when I pick up packages from places like Victoria's Secret or Adore Me, if she remembers me she might put 2 and 2 together...oh well, I guess. There are worse things that could happen.

I have long hair.I do dress non binary and also been out and about but no one has said anything. Even with my hair down. Hoop earrings. Except at one VA clinic, I got mam'd and i looked up at him and he said sorry sir. That is the only time.
    Part Time Girl

I'm a big guy at 6 ft and 270 lbs, I regularly go out in public dressed in womens clothing; sometimes a dress but usually in a skirt with hosiery and a mans shirt or womens top. I often wear womens shoes with a heel too. I also often times wear a little makeup, but have never worn a wig or bra out in public. I have never had anyone say anything negative to me. Oh, and my nails are always acrylic extensions and gel polish.

Next month my wife and I are going to Vegas and I have an appointment with Amy at Just You for a makeup session and wig styling. I then plan on going out in public for the first time fully dressed as a woman. I'm excited and nervous.

At 6' & 270, who is going to challenge you?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

My most memorable experience was at Pearl Harbor wearing skinny jeans and a close fitting top.

I was complimented by the staff at one concession for my dress sense.

Yes you look sharp and not many men look as good as you do in your jeans.

It was androgynous and a male look... of sorts.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Has anyone noticed how males on T.V. are wearing their pants and jeans tight and form fitting just like women's skinny jeans? Are they wearing girl jeans or male jeans that look like girl jeans? Are they dressing like girls in pants ???? Is unisex pants starting to creep in? Are these males wearing panties under their tight jeans or is that the next thing? Is acceptance starting to come?

Banned Read only
    deebra, men's skinny jeans have been available for quite sometime and they are popular with the younger crowd.

I am far too old to pull that off in menswear.

My 'drab' style is actually very gender neutral. But whenever I wear something a little too bright and colorful, people just tend to assume I'm a girl. And when they find out I'm a guy they don't really say anything about it. Not to my face, anyway. Oh jeez... Now I'm worried about it. T_T

I wear heels and hose with my work clothes ( pants and polo shirt) almost daily. Last week I found myself in a 20 minute conversation with an SA at Catherine's. There was also a new SA that was in her early 20s that has never seen me. It was so cool to stand there and have a conservation not has a man shopping for a dress but as a customer. The young girl was checking my shoes out so I complimented her on her wedges and the older SA chimed right in explaining that I was a regular and she looked forward to my visits. As far as confrontations I have had some double takes and heard a few comments. I was coming out of bass pro recently wearing male jeans but Nine West wedges and walked by a couple and heard her say that man is wearing ladies shoes I simply said good evening as I walked by. Incidents like this have happened a few times but no actual confrontation. I also have a conviencebstore where I have to pull my pants leg up a little so the clerk can see my shoes of the day. She also has told me she looks forward to my daily visits. It makes my day too

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    The thing that seems to get noticed most often is my shoes. I actually have a problem finding men's shoes in my size of 7 to 7 1/2. I easily can find women's shoes in their size of 8 to 8 1/2 and regularly buy androgenous boat shoes, sneakers, or loafers. My sister-in-law always remarks on how small my feet are. Even my nursing white sneakers are women's and a few CNA's and RN's have noticed it and have put their identical sneaker next to mine and laughingly note that theirs are bigger than mine. When I point out that I can't find men's shoes in my size they accept that explanation, which is mostly true, and life goes on.