Thread: Bi-gender?

Bi-gender?

It was announced in the UK press today that a police officer, who is officially classed as bi-gender, is allowed to perform his duties each day
    either as male or female. For this he has both uniforms and warrant cards.
    At what point do the majority of us fit into this class of gender?
    I could quite happily fit into this category (provided everyone else accepted me as such).
    I understand that this differs from being gender fluid. Has this been discussed before?

where i do not fit into this catagory, it does my soul good to see the world accepting this...for I do have friends in this roles in life

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Honestly I don't know what the difference is between bi gendered and gender fluid, I consider myself gender fluid.
    I know there are days I would rather be enfem and there are days I'm in male mode. It's all so confusing at times but I just
    try and manage it

I would think Bi gender is the same as gender fluid. I also try to manage my fluidity.
    Part Time Girl

I guess I am gender fluid too, though I tend to use the broader term transgender. I envy that officer.

I think that is wonderful! I would love it, but not so sure of the reactions of staff, residents and family members! Out to the community and work as male and to son, daughter and sister in law verbally and with pictures. Only out to Jennifer and Holly at my transformation as far as being dressed! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why is this such a problem in the US? If he/she/they do their job? Who cares?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know, Doc.

Here in the US we seem to be rather uptight about anything remotely sexual, and the common misconception is our 'hobby' must somehow be sexual and the circular logic says thus it must be a situation to be uptight about.

Or in general it's what I have heard called the 'squick' factor. Does it make me feel squicky (i.e. uncomfortable and weird)? If it does then I must hate it, and hopefully eradicate it even if it doesn't actually harm me or anyone else.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

I see an important distinction. Their definition of 'Bi-Gendered' requires that this person choose which one they will be that day. Traditionally, my understanding of 'Dual Gendered' means that they are BOTH.. simultaneously.

Good that they are giving the officer room to be themselves, but they are still requiring a choice.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I think labeling is hard when looking at the trans spectrum of life. We are all different in how we feel and what we want or why we do. I often question where I fit myself, But its a silly question to ask in the first place, Isnt it? Does it really matter what "Class" we fall under. Why we are the way we are, Or want to be? I suppose it does in regards to dealing with society. The public NEEDS to classify everything for everyone. Which will be difficult in the future as gender lines are continuing to be smudged. Someday gender wont matter nearly as much as it seems to today.

Unfortunately, I feel it will take much longer here in the states to get where we all need to go.

Bigender and gender fluid are basically the same thing. I'm basically a guy at work and represent as female or mixed when I'm not at work. They know I'm transgender but it's less confusing if I represent one way at work for everybody. I also tend to do this with my friends I only represent as female. It's just less confusing for everybody it's confusing enough for me. Do I have gone out lately wearing women's clothes without makeup, I tend not to do this because this sends a mixed signal. I find it's easier for people if I'm all girl or boy in my representation.

I'm with Docrobbysherry on this it makes no difference what your called if they are doing their job.... What's the old saying my mom used to say " Don't care what you call me just so you call me in time for supper"
    I think Bi-gender is nothing but gender fluid anyway. I enjoy my dressing but am also happy in guy mode also. Sometimes my bubble level says I'm straight in the middle of both. I kind of like things level. Old wood builder talk there.

The solution is not to attempt catering to everyones unique gender identity but to do away with gender designations altogether. I've never had a job where the gender identity of my co-workers mattered. There are much better ways to identify people than by using abstract concepts like gender or race.

I'm a service tech and I'm in people's homes. Appearance does matter especially when you might be dealing with a 90 year old woman. Actually most of the customers I deal with are women as they are home during the daytime for the most part. My hair is dyed I wear it in a ponytail my ears are pierced I don't wear earrings at work I also have a couple tattoos that don't show with a t-shirt and jeans which is what I wear to work. I don't mean to imply that age has anything really to do with it. I rent a room around for a 71 year old woman and she has no problems with me being gender fluid
    Last edited by Jean 103; 05-26-2017 at 01:27 PM.

According to definitions found, bi-gender and gender fluid aren't exactly the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigender

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Gender_Fluid
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

LOL im me and I bet none of are exactly the same, the great part of being human.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Why is this such a problem in the US? If he/she/they do their job? Who cares?
    I blame it on the Puritans.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Awesome. I identify as bigender, and definitely feel like there's some difference between that and identifying as gender fluid. It's subtle, but I think it's a distinction that's important to me.

Super cool that law enforcement would support this. And I imagine really challenging with the hyper-masculine culture and traditions associated with the field. Good for them to make a movement away from that.

Banned Read only
    Joanne,
    From previous comments on the subject, gender fluid is the ebb and flow between the gender roles, bi-gender is static I'm bi-gender my feelings don't e and flow.
    I used the term male lesbian , which is what I actually feel but several members corrected me saying there is no such thing and if i felt taht way I must use bi-gender instead. Knowing how I feel and what is inside my head male lesbian gets nearer to those feelings.

Joni,
    I feel there those differences between the US and the UK, we don't make the same issues over those details.

Jenna ,
    It's not a silly question some of these points we need to know if we want to move on , it explains why some have an ebb and flow. Some members talk about going some time without the need to dress , I have the gut feeling every day ,in the past it has been a serious conflict .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-27-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    LOL im me and I bet none of are exactly the same...
    I'm with you Trisha. I don't have a need to identify as fluid, bi or whatever.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

All great points ladies...I used to say and think I was gender fluid, but then the more I thought about it the more I realized I lean more fem which is kind of crazy especially since I have not been able to come out of my box like most of you have...but definitely inside I am more fem than male and I am ok with that. All my life in the jobs I have had and the relationships I have had to project that macho male persona and I am so so tired of it...why can't I just be me...wow I never would have thought responding to this thread when make me sad...oh well that's life...