Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest thing EVER

Daniella Argento

Weirdest thing EVER

So... The weirdest thing ever happened last night.
    We (my spouse, a friend and a client) went out to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert last night (I will blog about the whole experience in a few days time, but for now here is the highlight of the evening).
    At intermission I was standing against the railing, in the foyer near one of the bars, waiting for my spouse and her client to come back with their drinks.
    A couple came up to me and asked if I would mind taking a picture with them?
    DAMN!!!! I had been clocked! This is always a disappointment.
    Anyway I obliged as gracefully as I could and they then engaged me in conversation. I did my best to fly the TG flag and explain as best I could who and what I was...
    I wasn't in the best mood because I was wondering what had betrayed me and it is never nice knowing that your presentation has failed you (funny, when I first started going out, I was hoping to just sew enough doubt to confuse people a little, now I am hoping to not be seen... anyway)...
    After a few minutes of chatting my spouse and her client came up to us and we were all talking in a small group...

Then the clanger!!!

The male half of the couple (who was in my opinion more than 'normally' interested in the TG/CD experience) told my spouse that she looked amazing FOR A MAN!!!!
    Fortunately she laughed it off...
    This got me thinking IF he clocked me. And IF he thought my totally GG spouse could be a TG person, then just MAYBE my appearance wasn't so bad after all???
    We were after all at Priscilla Queen of the Desert and there were a few of us out and about at the theater AND the crowd was a little too small to hide in...

Anyway it was a weird experience... getting clocked is one thing... seeing a very fem GG getting clocked is another!!!

ok don't mean to laugh, not at you, but imagining my wife reactin if someone thought she was TD/CD

Wow, that is interesting, I can't imagine. I think my wife would have taken that poorly. Thanks for sharing. Brenda

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm not sure whether your wife should take that as an insult or a compliment! And as you say, the guy was 'very' interested.......
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I'm with Sandy on this my wife might have reacted by just blackening that guys eye. Shes a pretty tough old gal. She's 100% GG and really doesn't like what I do but she condones it and plays along thinking I'm just getting old.

It sounds like you may have been unnoticed at a different show, probably a high percentage of curious people on the night. I've seen Priscilla a few times and Kinky Boots recently, high percentage of lgbt and "curious" folk at the shows.
    Makes for a good night out!
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Perhaps you could refer the guy to a good ophthalmologist. Not too sure of the value of his opinion when he cannot recognize a GG. It also illustrates that people will see what they expect to see.

Aspiring Member
    I really hope your wife simply replied "Thank you, I've been working at it all of my life".

My wife would have decked him! God rest her soul! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're quite lucky to pass as u do, Danit. Getting clocked just once in awhile.

I can't pass on a moonless nite in a blackout!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Storm View Post
    ok don't mean to laugh, not at you, but imagining my wife reactin if someone thought she was TD/CD
    I'm a GG and I've been mistaken for a TD/CD, and I thought it was a hoot! This was at an LGBT bar by a guy who was interested in TD/CDs. The minute he realized that I was a GG, he ran away. lol.

... which brings me to my point. Danit, if this couple approached you, there is a chance that the guy was interested in doing what you do. And it has been my experience that some people who cross over into gender realms also are more likely to see other people as crossing over into gender realms. Surely you've read multiple comments in this very forum, from CDs who say that many GGs don't pass as GGs when theses GGs are not dressing femininely? The way we see others often is a function of the way we see ourselves.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-25-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    Reine

Danit, what an experience. My SO said that people see what they want to see. So it is a hoot she was clocked as a CD. LOL I guess he wanted to see more CD's together.
    Part Time Girl

Daniella Argento
    Indeed, that did cross my mind ReineD
    So I gave him the URL to my site, on the guise of saying he can get more info about TG issues there... you know in a purely intellectual academic sense... not suggesting for ONE SECOND that he is a crossdresser...
    :-)

BTW my spouse TOTALLY laughed it off! She is secure in her femninity and won't let his silliness get her down. Being GG means she has fewer gender issues than us so getting misgendered isn't a big deal...

I agree he was probably on the look out. Saw us and put 2 and 2 together and got 4.5

Dani, I don't think my SO would happy with being mister as TG.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm always stunned by the number of girls who think they pass when clearly they don't. Not that it's super obvious, there are just too many factors.
    I'm of the opinion that not completely passing is way more fun, I have met so many good friends simply because I'm close to passing but not quite worthy of the cigar. Women who are secure with themselves love it, my social circle has grown enormously. So don't knock it, embrace it!

Silver Member
    Wowzers! That's the sort of thing that has the potential of souring your wife's attitude towards you. Imagine a woman being told, in effect, that her husband is prettier or more feminine than she is. Thats certainly something a CD should never try to suggest to their SO. I hope she can truly laugh it off, and didn't just put up a brave face in public. I hope there's no downside for you.

Daniella Argento
    Erm... he never said I was prettier than her... he clearly said that she was prettier than me because she was doing a better job than me.
    I cetainly would never suggest that I am prettier than her because I am not.

As to Angela's point re passing, what this proves is that we probably blend better than we think.
    Passing? Meh... not going to happen. In my case the mment Inspeak BAM outed! Because I delberately make no attempt to change my voice.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Holy cow- I think my wife would be devastated if somebody thought she was male.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Platinum Member
    I think so many cross dressers are looking to see if there are others like us around us that we start questioning whether the person we see is actually a man wearing women's clothing. I see many women whose facial features are not so expressly defined as to be that only of a GG. A heavier man may have a lot of flesh that obscures the Adam's Apple or enhanced the thighs and hips. Sometimes I think an overweight short cross dresser has a better chance passing than a slender tall cross dresser. Frankly, what body type attracts the male eye?

I think a GG could be devastated or really pissed off if she was perceived as a cross dresser. Others may just laugh it off. Once my wife and her youngest sister by sixteen years were together, and, my wife's sister was perceived as being older. That went over like a lead balloon.

Banned Read only
    Danit,
    The passing question is a complex one, which I'm thinking about posting a thread on.

My question is where did the friend and client fit into this situation, how much did they know about your dressing and what was their reaction to the guy's mistake with your wife ?

My wife would not have taken this lightly lol...that guy might have gotten a punch...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Thing is, you WERE at a showing of a movie that was about the subject, so people's situational awareness was upped to how people present whether male or female.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I'm not sure whether your wife should take that as an insult or a compliment! And as you say, the guy was 'very' interested.......
    But in what way? Some of us are fascinated by the unusual, and when we come across something we don't know about, we wish to learn everything we can.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ... which brings me to my point. Danit, if this couple approached you, there is a chance that the guy was interested in doing what you do. And it has been my experience that some people who cross over into gender realms also are more likely to see other people as crossing over into gender realms.
    Perhaps, but this was at a Priscilla queen of the desert showing, where it's pretty obvious that folks who find this interesting will be there, and will observe the folks around them as well to see how well THEY 'blend', or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I can't pass on a moonless nite in a blackout!
    Neither can I, even if inside a deep coal mine from 300 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Frankly, what body type attracts the male eye?
    Oh, that's easy: Anything that looks out of place will draw attention to the eye just the same as whatever type women he is attracted to.
    A midget at a local basketball game among everyone else who's over six feet tall will be noticed. So will a naked person among the clothed, or a clothed person swimming in a pool. A woman with huge feet, or built like Dot Jones will be noticed, too, and will attract the male eye for a closer inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    I'm always stunned by the number of girls who think they pass when clearly they don't. Not that it's super obvious, there are just too many factors.
    ^this. Not wanting to burst anyone's bubble, but in most cases those who think they pass are more likely simply being ignored by the folks around them. Not sure? Go somewhere that has lots of young kids around and see if THEY ignore you; they haven't learned not to point and stare or comment when they see something unusual.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 05-26-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Daniella Argento
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Danit,
    The passing question is a complex one, which I'm thinking about posting a thread on.

My question is where did the friend and client fit into this situation, how much did they know about your dressing and what was their reaction to the guy's mistake with your wife ?
    The client is also a CD
    My wife runs a business providing makeovers, storage of clothes, shopping services etc for our community
    The client was amused

Aspiring Member
    My wife was accused of being a boy when she was a child of 12 years old. It went over badly, so badly that she still angrily brings it up from time to time a half century later. I hope your wife continues to maintain her calm and cool, because some wives would not tolerate this situation well, mine solidly among them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    After your explanation of your client and your wife I can see where she was not upset in the least.
    Interesting experience thats for sure.