Thread: Those stolen moments

Aspiring Member

Those stolen moments

Hi all,

I'm sure this will strike cords mostly with those in the closet (like me) and others in the DADT scenario.

We have to enjoy those moments we get a chance to express our femme side and this eve I had the brief chance to do exactly that.

10 mins of Miss S time is better than non at all.

My window was small but I had been thinking about nail painting (something I rarely do for obvious reasons) and in the back of my mind decided to do exactly that when I next got the opportunity.

See the results! I know I need my cuticles done, and the finish is hardly pro but just the process of putting the varnish on was amazing. You can feel the coolness of it as it glides over your nails and the visual is immense.

I decided it best to photo in daylight to pick up the shine and I love the colour (Fuchsia Pink).

I had five mins to stare and look at it before it was time to clean it off.

I had to open all the windows downstairs as the smell of the varnish and remover would no doubt have raised questions lol. Lucky it's a warm eve so not unexplainable as to why they are open.

Anyway, any little things you other girls have managed to squeeze in for a short while to satisfy the urge just for a little while?

I have attached a couple of snaps I took. As I said I'm a complete novice but practice makes perfect as they say

Miss S

I call them one person fashion shows! Put together outfits to see what goes with what! Will the lavender top look good with jeans? Will I need another purse? Etc. Try on shoes and walk in them for a few minutes! Do all this with some favorite tunes and have a blast! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Very nice on the nails. Hope you are having fun and enjoying yourself. Yes just a little time is all you need sometimes.
    Part Time Girl

Love the color on your nails, so cute. I agree a little time even reading a fashion magazine or online is somedays great.

Great color! And I think you did a very nice job on your nails. Keep on with the stolen moments!
    --Emeraude

Yours look like mine!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'd like to do nail varnish but Ive always found it a pain to get off. It almost did for me once when on a rare occasion I had done them (bright red), my wife phoned me and told me she was in a taxi and would be home in ten minutes! (she doesn't know, BTW, and she could have just turned up without phoning...). Quickest clean up ever followed, but that tell tale smell lingered and she did give me some funny looks for the rest of the day. Do like that colour!
    Last edited by DIANEF; 05-27-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I have painted my nails a couple of times. What an amazing experience. I like the color you used!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I'd like to do nail varnish but Ive always found it a pain to get off.
    I always do nail polish when wifey is away. I've been meaning to try colored electrical tape as I hear that works nicely for a quick temporary job.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Electric tape, great idea, why didn't I think of that?!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Or get a Basecoat you can just peel off, that way no real need for any remover!

I agree you have to get those moments when ever you can lol
    I have tried polish a couple of times now and it does get easier
    tried the false one trying to get them off in a hurry doesn't work
    pocket knife in hand and acetone

Silver Member
    Get a JAR of acetone polish remover (drug store) that has a sponge in it. Rapidly repeatedly dip each finger, and the polish comes right off. A Q-tip dipped in the acetone can clean any residue. All fingers are clean in 5 minutes or less.

Sometimes it's just a dabble into the little things of dressing can satisfy that itch for the time being... Now ten minutes of nail painting I would be afraid that would not be on my time schedule.... My wife though and I have painted each other's toes so really she wouldn't be surprised.... Press on nails might also be faster.

Banned Read only
    MissS,
    I love the colour !

It does beg the question why they can't find low odour polish and remover, when almost everything else has done so. In the past I've been in the middle of the garden so the smell couldn't be detected.

The big problem is when you realise you don't have any remover at all, I had a teal colour on in the hotel and had to go for a swim in drab wearing it, the superviser from the gym picked up on it straight away, she did say she liked the colour !

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    MissS,
    I love the colour !

It does beg the question why they can't find low odour polish and remover, when almost everything else has done so. In the past I've been in the middle of the garden so the smell couldn't be detected.!
    Patent pending!

I love nail polish too, brighter the better. I have tried the stick on and find keeping them on is a pain. once i lost one and was afraid it would be found by someone else in the house. Haven't tried colored tape, might give it a try. I find myself just applying a clear polish while at work, when no one is around quiets my desire to dress some. a jar of acetone will take off most polishes quickly except in the cuticles. But i do love the look of long RED nails.
    hugggs
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I'd like to do nail varnish but I've always found it a pain to get off. It almost did for me once when on a rare occasion I had done them (bright red), my wife phoned me and told me she was in a taxi and would be home in ten minutes! (she doesn't know, BTW, and she could have just turned up without phoning...). Quickest clean up ever followed, but that tell tale smell lingered and she did give me some funny looks for the rest of the day. Do like that colour!
    I've been painting my nails off and on for a long time. The first time I did it, I got red nail polish because I was told it was a good way to cover up chips in car paint to avoid rust. My car at the time was fire engine red. I got nail polish remover because the acetone was good for removing gunk from the carburetor. Yes, I've heard about Gunk engine degreaser, but I didn't know it it also removed nail polish safely. Besides, nail polish passed "the smell test" with my GF, who became my wife.

And yes, I know I'm giving away my age. But it works on small engines like the lawnmower engine also.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    MissS,

I love the colour !

It does beg the question why they can't find low odour polish and remover, when almost everything else has done so. In the past I've been in the middle of the garden so the smell couldn't be detected.

The big problem is when you realise you don't have any remover at all, I had a teal colour on in the hotel and had to go for a swim in drab wearing it, the supervisor from the gym picked up on it straight away, she did say she liked the colour !
    It's the acetone. Some nail polish removers have no or less acetone. Just don't try to use them with sparkly nail polish. Only straight acetone will work. A word of advice for those adventurous enough to wear sparkles.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-27-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.