Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I join?

Should I join?

Dear Ladies,

I received an invitation to join a local ladies social group (GGs only). No men or kids are allowed (unless specified) and consists of bi-weekly gathers at different restaurants, breweries, wine bars, etc. I am a little nervous because I am not sure if I am different enough in Mandy mode to not be recognized.

I am honored for the invite but still weighing my options. And ideas or advice?

Hugs,

Amanda (Mandy)

Is the person who invited you aware that you are a cross dresser or trans? Is this the leader of the group? If the answer to both is yes, then I don't see any issues.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a trans friend that joined a GG social group and she loves it.
    If you were invited then by all means go and have fun. I know I would love to be invited and if it comes up I get asked you bet I will go.

Ok ladies..I'm new to this basically. Can someone please tell me what a gg is? Thank you and you're all wonderful!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Genetic girl or born a female

That's what I thought but I got confused when Mandy said she was invited to a gg group. Sorry...but thank you..

Banned Read only
    Mandy,
    It's lovely to be thought enough of to be invited but I'm sure you know the answer you must be up front and tell the the facts, I'd hate to think of the consequences if you didn't .

That is so great! Be up front about who you are or it may come back to haunt you! They may just accept you and have you join in anyway! That would be so nice! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It depends. Is the person who extended the invitation authorized to do so? Are the other group members aware of the fact that you are a crossdresser/transgendered? If the answer to those are yes and they want you as a member I would join and not look back.

I'm of the same opinion as most of the others. I f they know about you and want you to join, by all means do so and enjoy. However, if they are unaware it would be wrong to join under false pretenses.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Amanda, If hey know about you. Then by all means join and enjoy talking with them and sharing good times. I am sure they know and asked you to join.
    Part Time Girl

i think you would have a great time, its bi-weekly and held at varied venues, if you think you would feel uncomfortable at any you dont have to attend that particular one and if things dont click with the group.....meh....nothing ventured nothing gained as they say....most of my best times out are when i interact with women, men not so much....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Mandy, if you are worried about being recognized than forgo it. I worry about being recognized when out, not that I am recognizable, but often because my SO is with me.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 05-26-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I agree with others who suggest that you should make sure that the gg group that invited you understands who you are. To do otherwise would be disrespectful. That would not help our cause at all.

Not sure why you wouldn't do it. You regularly go out with your wife and don't seem to worry about being recognized in that circumstance. I would assume you would be more recognizable with your wife by your side then you would be on your own.

I have joined a number of mainstream Meetup groups, a few for women only. I have been welcomed and completely accepted. Sign up and enjoy!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Yes by all means but have wife accompany too and enjoy.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

As long as everyone knows who everyone else is, I don't see a problem. Enjoy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why not I think you will do fine Mandy. You do look the part hun.
    Angie

Venture forth, darling.
    If it fails to work out or you are not "welcomed", there is no harm, no foul. Just thank them and walk.
    For no other reason than the experience of it, I'd go.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Mandy if you're not sure if you are different enough in Mandy mode to not be recognized then you must be presenting as very feminine in male mode

Yes- if they know you are a man & will accept you as Mandy. No- if you join the group under the false pretense of being a gg. For your sake & those within the group, honesty needs to prevail.

Mandy -- Was this some sort of personal invitation or one of those "we got your name off of some mailing list" invitation?
    How the invitation was extended to you should make all the difference in whether you accept or not. Just my two cents.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Is the person who invited you aware that you are a cross dresser or trans? Is this the leader of the group? If the answer to both is yes, then I don't see any issues.
    Rightfully, this is the pervading opinion. But I would add an equally important question: Do you WANT to? There may be reasons to or not to, from a self identity perspective to a time commitment perspective, and a logistics perspective.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    That's a new twist to the term bi-weekly...
    I used to have a short attention spa

When I was much younger and quite shy, the women I worked with (an all female workplace) regularly included me in their nights out with the girls. The few times anyone ever questioned it, they just said since I was the only guy who worked there, they decided to make me an honorary girl. They had no idea how happy that statement made me. So join and enjoy. And remember, you're representing all of us, so be on your best behavior or they'll never invite another crossdresser ever again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.