Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hubby in a funk

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki1983 View Post
    Shaving his legs was followed by a shopping trip and several new items. He needed femme therapy! Nothing but smiles since we shaved his legs. New wig, and a nice dress and he even went for some skinny jeans!
    It does not matter if it cross dressing or something else, open lines of communication are always needed in a marriage. Sulking or stewing in one's own juices solves nothing. Glad you took the initiative.

Niikki, you sound like a very sweet and supportive person. It's nice that you care so much about your spouse.

That said, I would tread carefully about catering to grumpy and pouty moods. My husband does not go out an buy me new clothes (or whatever) when I'm in a funk. And my husband is a great guy! What I'm trying to say is that your husband needs to learn to deal with his moods without the superficial crutches.

Just make sure that you are getting a similar response when you are feeling down.

Hugs to you both!

My gender dysphoria gets the best of me from time to time. For the past several weeks, I haven't been very happy and feeling sorry for myself. But, my wife allows me to dress and it gently lifts my mood. A supportive spouse or significant other is so very special and not to be taken for granted. Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Read only
    On this thread, it is "my wife allows me to dress and it gently lifts my mood." Many other have stated on various threads there wives "encourage" their husbands to dress/be enfemme when they are in a funk or depressed. Your choice of words expresses too much "controlling" behavior and an acquiescence to it. I totally agree "a supportive spouse is so very special and not be to taken for granted." However, I question whether it is supportive if a wife metes out how and when that support is shown.
    Last edited by Nigella; 05-27-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: If you wish to draw attention to a totally unrelated thread, please use the PM system

I would tell him to dress for you and Give him any help he needs. That would be very acceptance and give him the happiness to be himself, It also might open up communication. between you two.
    Part Time Girl

I'll further explain the relationship between my wife and I regarding my feminine spirit. She's always known that I have gender fluid ways but it wasn't until about 2-3 years ago that she became a bit more comfortable with this part of me and shared that she'd be ok with me dressing up whenever I desired. She'll even buy me things if I ask her to but usually I just order on-line using her name. For many years, she wasn't comfortable with me expressing my femininity so I honored that and didn't dress. But, she observed that I was continually miserable and angry and she was right in realizing it was my gender dysphoria. She was empathetic to how I felt and has expressed her support for me although it isn't without limits. I never have to ask her "permission" when I desire to dress up. But, she doesn't want me to shave my legs during the Spring and Summer when I wear shorts. Everyone's relationship with their family, friends and others is different. We've found an approach that works for us. Sure, if I could easily go further with who I am deep inside I would. But, it's not so easy. We've found a way of living, while not ideal, certainly works for me and my wife. Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-27-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Silver Member
    Surprise him! One day, tell him you'd love to help him dress pretty, and be very feminine. Select the nicest lingerie, outer wear, shoes and hosiery. Do his make up and style his wig or hair. Add pretty jewelry. Take photos of him and selfies of both of you. He will be in dreamland, and the funks will end!