Thread: One of Ours gives us something to cheer about

One of Ours gives us something to cheer about

I do believe that the TG who has just been elected in our Provincial election is actually a member of this forum. Either that or she has a twin,
    Charlene

Which Provincial?

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Silver Member
    I saw something else she posted where she mentioned she lives on Vancouver Island. So I it's the British Columbia election.

There were four transgender women on the balllot for the last BC election. And one got elected.

Banned Read only
    Well done the Canadians ! Lets hope this is the first of many, I only raised this question a few days ago when we would start being elected into high office. What a coincidence it's actually happened .

It will be interesting to see what sort of ride she's given !

OK so which restroom is she allowed to use in her official office ?

Close, but no cigar...

Sadly, Morgane Oger, the candidate in question who had run for the NDP (the National Democratic Party, a social democratic party) in the recent British Columbia, Canada provincial election lost her bid for a seat, but only by a mere 415 votes, or 1.69% of the total. Well done regardless, Morgane, and hopefully the next time you will make it.

There is definitely a most heartening trend in the works here, as a total of 4 transgender candidates including Oger were nominated by their riding associations to represent their respective parties in this particular election, although unfortunately none of the others made it past the post this time either. There is always a next time, though. Baby steps, baby steps...

I met and talked with Oger once and had the misfortune to pass by her another time. To be transgender is simply not enough, I found the woman to be intensely egocentric and dismissive of those who don't fit her TG mould (she called me a drag queen as I passed her one evening on my way to meet a friend, after blowing her vape cloud into my path)

I am relieved she did not win.