Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we feminists?

This is way over my head (IMHO) Who cares what we (YOU) are. There are too many people trying to force others into categories these days for reasons of their own. (again IMHO).
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Misogyny

I guess what I'm against is men that can't keep it in their pants so to speak, that treat women like pieces of meat.

One of the key arguments of men in favor of the Bathroom Bills is to protect women and girls.

But they really don't think the whole thing through. If the really want to protect women and girls, they should outlaw "girlie clubs" where men who don't crossdress get to ogle girls who undress.

They should beat up all men who catcall to women, and other sexual improprieties.

They should cut the parts off of ugly orange-headed men (and other men of their ilk) who think any crotch is theirs for the grabbing, just because they are rich and powerful.

They should fire men who use their power over women to denigrate them by calling them names, body shaming them, or asking them for favors so they can keep their hard-earned job.

If thinking like this makes me a feminist, then I accept the responsibility and the burden.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-28-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Ooops. Thanks for the corrections Tracii
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Men that keep it in their pants? Whats wrong with that?
    Treating women like meat OK I get that but same goes for women so they are equal there.
    They need to arrest women that cat call guys shouldn't they? equal again on that point.
    OK we know you hate orange things and crotch grabbing but you have done that before I'm sure so that comment is a moot point.
    Women hold things over men and use men as well so equal there too.
    How is that feminist anyway? Shouldn't women be held to the same standards as men? You want equality of the sexes right?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-29-2017 at 06:55 AM.

As if women never treat men like meat. Some want a 'daddy', some want a 'protector', and some want a 'provider'. The rare few truly want a 'partner'.

It goes both ways. This gender thing is a torsional relationship. A person is a person, and we keep expecting ourselves and that other person to fill a 'role' we have in our head.

How about just seeing the *person*? What if you just had someone who had your back, no matter what?

I'm exceptionally lucky. I have that. If I had a Djinn granting me a wish, I would wish for that level of commitment for everyone.

Rights are rights. We all have hearts and blood and stool. We all have goals and dreams. I don't see why chromosomes interfere with that.

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one"- JL

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Aspiring Member
    I agree with Char -
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    Just my opinion, but I would tend to advocate for "human rights". To group the population into segments just erodes society overall. It is getting out of control when so many people need a particular "label" and want to be treated according to that "label".
    Michele

Silver Member
    "Some" men see women as pieces of meat... and "some" women see men as wallets with legs. Frankly, I'd love to see some feminists and SJWs condemn the financial use and abuse of men by women for a change. Plenty of men have been lead on, used and financially exploited by women, and yet no one ever talks about how awful that is.

Vickie... "wallets with legs" I'm going to borrow that.

Why is this even an option?

Just because a person is blessed by being XX does not mean they are weak.

Women are *not* helpless. They do NOT need to be saved. My wife would rip out your throat and piss on your grave. That is part of why I love her so hard. She is a beast. MY beast.

Feminism? is the angry girl with her boot on your throat not enough?

Feminisim is humanism. We, of all people, should understand that.

-MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 05-28-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: blod
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    Fiona,
    After reading most of the replies we might all be CDers but in other respects we are all different , some of us maybe feminists but as you also listed other possibilities some of us could be one of those as well.
    My wife accuses me of being homophobic, the fact is I'm not, I just can't understand a male to male relationship because I can't to relate to it, I guess that explains why some people just don't get CDing , they can't relate to it.

So when these questions are asked you can never get a definite answer, you drew the conclusion from a related thread whereas other people didn't .

Banned Spammer
    Teresa's comment about "not relating to that" is a good point.
    As you can see Fiona we are all different and just because we are gay/CD,TG,TS does not mean we all share the liberal agenda with you.
    You decided because you are a CD or are TG that you must hop on the feminist band wagon to be part of the club.

Colour me dumb, but what does "SJW" stand for?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Social Justice Warrior.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-28-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You decided because you are a CD or are TG that you must hop on the feminist band wagon to be part of the club.
    Tracii: you couldn't be more wrong. I am a feminist because I believe that its the right thing. I am transgender because that's what I am. I have a liberal agenda because I am a liberal.

I knew full well yesterday when I made the initial post that it would yank some chains. I was not disappointed.

Banned Spammer
    Feminism as it is today isn't helping women or their cause just look whats going on in this country.
    I'm all for equal treatment and everything for everyone women included.
    No special things for anyone just equal under the law.
    There is a faction in the current "feminist" movement that is dark and very counter productive for women.
    They are using womens rights as a platform to push things other than equal treatment of women.
    Tell me what positive outcomes for women came from the womens march on Washington?
    Yank my chain and ruffle my feathers LOL

Daniella Argento
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    Tracii: you couldn't be more wrong. I am a feminist because I believe that its the right thing. I am transgender because that's what I am. I have a liberal agenda because I am a liberal.

I knew full well yesterday when I made the initial post that it would yank some chains. I was not disappointed.
    Preach it sister

You are more than welcome to align yourself with a group that bashes men at every chance and acts like a bunch of spoiled kids.
    What you are thinking is feminism is not feminism at all. Sorry to break it to you.
    The whole womens march on Washington what good did it do? Not one thing other than make women look petty and irresponsible.
    Like a bunch of radical bigoted people that had no respect for themselves..
    You think they actually valued trans people there? No they thought of them as guys and not women.
    You think they embraced LGBT people? No wrong again
    Search you tube for videos and you will find numerous women trans bashing and calling gays fags. Its out there for you to see.
    I think we have to be careful not to stereotype an entire group of people. There's good and bad people in every group. I definitely consider myself a feminist, and I'm nothing like you're describing. If I don't want to be judged for my choices and how I live my life, I certainly can't paint such a large group of people as those who call themselves feminists with such a broad brush.

I am not a feminist politically, but am all for women, and men, and all having equal rights, and no nation in time immemorial has been better at this time, than the western nations are. I am against politicizing the sexes, for power reasons, though. each woman is an individual, not a political entity, to be used. I do have a feminine side, though, and am a rugged individualist. I do not believe women and men are exactly the same, though. If they really were, we would see women doing roofing, gravedigging, like i did for three years, and feminists applying for these type of jobs. i have yet to see a female up on a steep roof top. And why do not females have to sign up for SELECTIVE SERVICE, in the USA? Common sense is not so common anymore. Just being honest.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Amen, to this, char GG!

Amen to what Tracii, and Jodi, and Sometimes Miss wrote. Abraham Lincoln said: "You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong."

Amen to what Vickie wrote, too. Men are also very victimized in today's "enlightened" society. . Men have been run through through th e social wringer, and drawn and quartered, AND SOCIALLY HAMSTRUNG. Far more men end their frustrating lives, than women do! Men are money and success objects, or else they "need not apply" for a relationship.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-28-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Megyn you need to watch who you align yourself with as far as being a feminist because the crowd out there now protesting aren't feminists.
    They are mostly women yes but do they actually know who is steering the feminist ship?
    The group controlling the message are making it a political game and it doesn't or shouldn't be that way.
    I'm not your normal ultra liberal gay person yet I get lumped in with all the other fags so tell me how that is supposed to work?

Tell me what positive outcomes for women came from the women's march on Washington?
    It's hard to answer this question without violating the rule about talking politics, but let's just say more women came to the women's march on Washington than people came out for inauguration. We know that's true because of the tweets suggesting that the crowd pics we fake news.

And, I don't think most of the women were feminists anyhow.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-28-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Megyn you need to watch who you align yourself with as far as being a feminist because the crowd out there now protesting aren't feminists.
    They are mostly women yes but do they actually know who is steering the feminist ship?
    The group controlling the message are making it a political game and it doesn't or shouldn't be that way.
    I'm not your normal ultra liberal gay person yet I get lumped in with all the other fags so tell me how that is supposed to work?

I see your point, and agree with you, but that's exactly my point. Back in the late 80's I got to know a gay couple who were close friends with a mutual friend of mine. They hated the whole Act-Up culture that was prevalent in the gay community back then. They just wanted to be free to live their lives free from persecution. They despised those in the community who were so "out-there" and flamboyant, and thought they were doing more harm than good. They also resented the fact that (like you said), they were getting lumped in with that crowd because they were the ones who were getting all the attention. It's always the out-spoken minority that gets the attention. What I'm trying to say is that for every person out there yelling and screaming, and maybe making an ass out of themselves, there's probably 10 people who are quietly living their lives, yet still part of the same group.

I was not going to get into this this convo but I gotta know...

How are men being victimized in today's society?

When Brock Turner was only sentenced to 6 months for raping an unconscious woman was he being victimized? How about the guy who raped his sister only to get 4 months...again victimized??

How about that picture of the idiot Trump and a room full of old white men signing an executive order on abortion. Is that equal rights when a room full of men discuss and legislate women's health issues?

I get it, your all men and really don't have any experience on the subject of what it's like to be mansplained or any other number of things that women have to deal with on a daily basis....even now in 2017 women are denied jobs just because we are women. I will never forget sitting in an interview only 12 months ago being lectured about how much I did not want the job because after all "it is a mans world"......😡

Banned Spammer
    I have plenty of experience in this subject but I am going to keep my cool.

I read a great definition of the feminist movement, it went something like this 'the point of the feminist movement was to establish men and women as equals. With equal opportunities, equal respect and equal appreciation.' if that the goal then call me a feminist.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Becky I'm all for equality of the sexes in the classic sense thats how it should be.
    Thats what the 60's feminist movement was all about.Now in 2017 many of the women involved weren't alive to know what the original point of the movement was and they are being manipulated by a group that has a political agenda.

I don't think I am a feminist, I believe in equality for women and supported those that were not militant back when the movement started.

As Tracii has said, the original reasons for the feminist movement has been clouded over with time.

No we do not need to be feminists, just show fair play and remember that women are of equal intelligence.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Right on Beverley.

Now it all has this anarchist/militant tone which is self defeating in most ways.
    I watched the march here locally and was appalled at some of the women and how violent their rhetoric was.
    Blatant man hating I saw that too and that alone made me not want to get out of my car and go watch longer.
    My intent was to attend with a trans friend and possibly help at the LGBT booth.
    We both decided being two gay males in this crowd was not a good idea so we left.
    It shouldn't be that way at a march and I think most would agree.