Thread: Dilation

Dilation

I have a question for women that are post Gender Confirmation Surgery. I'm about 15 months post Surgery. After I was a year post I started to skip every fifth day. But quickly went to every skipping every forth day. Know I'm just started to try to skip every third day.
    My question is important worried that I'm might be pushing it to much. I know that the golden rule is that at anytime it gets harder or I start to lose depth, I have to dilate more often. But I would like to hear other peoples experience.

Thanks Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Janelle
    I am 12.5 months post OP and I try to still dilate every day but will miss one here and there. I have had some difficulties with scar tissue and have had to have cortisone injections in my vagina for the last 4 months. I am happy to report that the last round has been successful and just today I was able to use the third dilator. I am so relieved! If you are not experiencing any difficulties dilating after skipping every third day I would say you are ok. I believe that I will need to dilate every day for the time being.
    Suzanne
    Life Is One Big Dilation

I'm 61, surgery just over two years. I dilate every other day for 20-30 minutes while watching television or reading a book, time flies. Better to error on the side of caution if possible. There have been times when I could not did it this often e.g. may be for four days then I get back on track again. I paid for my surgery myself so it's on me if depth is lost but none has been lost to this point only after four days I might be a tad tight for the first one or two minutes.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

That shit hurt so bad I gave up on it after a year or so. I figure If I can't take the dilators, I'm not going to be sticking anything else in there!