Thread: First time

First time

I just scheduled my all day makeover and day out shopping trip. This will be my first time out and am looking for any help you girls can give me. I'm really looking forward to be out walking around the mall and trying on clothes to see what fits right. Anyone that has done this let me know what to expect and what else would make the day.

Valerie, if the money is available, I will be doing the same thing! Advice I was given was if the makeover gets you nervous, you do not have to do the shopping thing! Nice to do both but not necessary! I want to do both because on the way in or out of the mall there is a VS store! Their bras are too small but the panties fit! What a rush that would be! No advise but for me don't chicken out just do it and own it! Hugs and best wishes Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I also can't afford a make over, but love visiting the malls.
    If you "own" your inner girl, no one will make a fuss, but if you act timid or scared, you will get noticed a lot more.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I found a nice women near me that I have a scheduled a 8 hour day with. First full makeover then she will take me out to the mall for a day of shopping and maybe a mani pedi. and I looked there is a VS there and I'm with you there bras are to small but love there panties so I know I will be going there

If you're comfortable in the mall, by all means go for it, but since this is your first time, may I suggest stand-alone stores? Not as convenient, but you will be able to blend a little easier. Malls are a place where people go to watch people. You will attract more attention because there is more of it on tap. Again, if none of that matters, and shopping is the mission, the mall is definitely the place to most efficiently inflict damage on that credit card. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Mini makeovers can be free, apart from the makeup you choose to buy once the SA has finished. You've probably seen the TV ads for Boots No7 were the GG goes in and has her correct foundation measured by a small hand held device. Ta Dar!

Well about 6 months ago and again about 3 weeks ago I went into a Boots store and asked for my foundation match. I was invited to sit down, readings taken and the SA then asked if I'd like to try it. She cleaned off my existing makeup and then applied the new foundation. She then asked if I used blusher and would I like to see what the one colour matched to the foundation looked like on. "Yes please" say I and she duly applies same. She also advised about suitable lipsticks and then to finish off applied a little powder bronzer.

What I ended up paying for was just the cosmetics I then bought along with a new brush to apply the foundation. During all of this I might add I was sat in full view of all the other shoppers coming and going and not once did it feel strange or did I get the impression people were staring.

So Okay, makeup can be fairly expensive but once you've established what suits your complexion there's no requirement to buy it all at once, just start with the basics and add more later.

So what to expect walking around and from this I'm assuming you're going dressed. Firstly dress to blend. Wear shoes you're going to be comfortable in for the entire day. Those heels you wear around the house and are just fine... will be killing you after you've been walking around on a hard stone floor for next to no time. When, and not if, you talk to SA's just treat it like any other conversation. You will be read, accept that and just carry on. Your nerves will be jangling at first but that will soon settle down. Stopping for a coffee and a bite in a department store cafe is a good way just to take a few minutes to take stock.

This has been said so often but it never hurts to repeat it. Plan what you're going to do in the event of needing the toilet. Thinking you'll go all day and"go" when you get home is asking for trouble. Using the female toilet can be one of the most nerve racking things you'll ever do, certainly the first time. Cafes with dual sex facilities can be a good option as this avoids having to "run the gauntlet" on your first time out.

Lastly just try to relax and enjoy the experience. People are nice and will be respectful and you will definitely remember the first time someone refers to you in the femme gender but don't take it to heart if they don't.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Valerie,
    Just over a year ago I finally made the decision to go out socially and meet others . I had so many details to sort out and makeup ws one of them. I was in drab evenso I bit the bullet and walked into a large Boots outlet and asked for a colour check for foundation. The beautician was lovely she checked me out and suggested Wheat in the No7 range, she then showed me how to apply it with a brush. Initially she said she as only going to apply a couple of sample tests but ended up doing the whole of my left side . I asked about powder and again she found the colour and applied it with the brush supplied. I was in full view of passing customers , and it was raising a few double takes and smiles, I just smiled back. After she cleaned me up she took me round the racks to discuss lipstick colour and pickout a mascara. She thanked me for giving her the opportunity of making a guy up as she had never done it before, I felt like I was walking on a cloud after the experience and also knowing my makeup was correct for venturing out.
    My first shopping outing was in a shoe shop , that was a lot of fun, now days I buy most clothes from charity shops , most know me now so don't have a problem with me trying things on.