Thread: Not sure where I'm headed

Not sure where I'm headed

Hello Ladies, it's been a while since I've visited this site.I'm a bit worried about what's going on with my crossdressing life.The desire is still there I sometimes just can't find the energy to bring Karen out.I always go all out in my dressing , makeup ,wig, nails done.I don't enjoy the experience of just dressing in a few items without the full girly look.Lately I find myself just looking at my things and thinking maybe I'll do it tomorrow.When I do dress I feel like I want to stay dressed all evening but then after 2 or 3 hours I've had enough and I go back to drab thinking was it worth the effort.I don't dress everyday ,usually Saturday, I'm dressed right now. It's not like I overdo it.Don't know what it means,I am getting on in years and I have been working a lot lately ,maybe it's just a fatigue thing and there is nothing to worry about.I'll never give it up I 'm just not happy where I am right now.Thanks for listening.Karen
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

What you have described Karen has happened to me a few times, I think its just a phase. For me the desire comes and goes in waves at times I have had lots of available Becky time and just couldn't be bothered and other times the need can be really intense but I don't get the opportunity.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I just had one of those! I was in a funk! Didn't feel it would be worthwhile and really didn't feel like it! Forced myself! It only lasted a little over 15 minutes! Had to switch to drab but those 15 minutes helped me re-energize! I have had the what is the use type experiences with wanting to dress and knowing I would have to go back to drab after a short time and being down about it and not dressing! As Becky said, it goes in waves and varies greatly over time! Just go with it and enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

For 2 or 3 hours, I no longer "bother" too much with all the fancy stuff.
    Being 52, no matter how much make up, I never look much younger, so I have the face that I have, and just learned to live with it.
    So make up is 4 minutes (foundation, mascara, lipstick)
    This weekend, I've got 48 hours of girl time so probably will go the extra mile (have my brows waxed, spend 20 minutes on make up etc), or I might just do home renovations.

So really, just do what makes you happy, and enjoy both girl time and boy time.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We all go thru times like that so no need to worry its not leading anywhere you just didn't feel like dressing.

I also believe it is OK not to feel like dressing. So much time is needed to get ready to go out under the right circumstances with the right attitude. Give yourself a break and when you come back to it you will probably love it even more than before.

Enjoy your time as your male self. Then your girl time will be better. Sometimes i do not even put on makeup. and just enjoying my day.
    Part Time Girl

I feel like that now. Originally I had planned to dress for much of the weekend and didn't do a damn thing. Clothes piled up in a corner of the room and the desire to dress....just not there. And for me it's been like that for a few months. Definitely feel like I'm stuck in a rut also.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't worry Audrey the urge will come back.

I run hot, then cold, then sit on warm for awhile...It's nothing to worry on...

I'm in the same boat, now that school is out and my kids will be home most of the day and I switched jobs I feel like I don't get the chance to. When I do I feel like I don't have the energy. Typically because it would only be an hour or so.

I've definitely experienced ups and downs of needing to dress, or wanting to dress, or of even feeling like crossdressing is something that makes sense for me. It's just such a strange thing!
    --Emeraude

No matter where you go all roads lead back home

Leann

When I'm extremely tired, I cease to care about the male/female thing. But once I've had a good night's sleep, I'm ready to jump out of bed and slip into a dress.

I suspect that fatigue and depression could lower your desire to dress. Although, once I've put on my girl clothes, nothing could induce me to change, unless I had some strictly-male things to do.

It would be great if you were in a situation where you didn't need to dress. You could just be who u wanted to be 24-7. Because it is a trial to start from scratch every time. If you could just be at some sort of baseline it would be ideal. Maybe someday...

Karen,
    I would not worry too much, you probably have a lot of other interests keeping your mind active.

When things slow down a little you will find that the urge returns,there is alwas some ebb and flow with dressing, especially if you do not dress on a day to day basis.

Just see how your life unfolds later on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is an ebb and flow thing. Even GGs don't get all dressed up every day.

I agree with most of the ladies here, there is an ebb and flow to how I do things but I have found there are a few things that I always have to have, I usually wear panties all the time regardless of which mode I am in, and actually find them much more comfortable anymore these days, then I usually always look forward to coming home snuggling up with my honey in nightgowns for the evening, but I get it sometimes the effort needs to have more reward. "Did I shave my back for this???"

I find that if I haven't had time or work and family has kept me from getting out as me, that when I do find the time and energy it is much more rewarding and hope that you find your happy medium too.