It's been many, many years since the last time that I went out presenting as femaie. And while I doubt that I was even close to passing, the only possible negative verbal reaction that I noticed was from a couple of teen girls. However, for the last 18 months or so, since I started exercising, I exercise in comfortable, stretchy, close fitting activewear, now including a sports bra and ladies sneakers, at one of my customer's gym facility. On the way home from there, I often run errands and stop at places like Lowes, the drug store or supermarket. I'm sure that I've received more than my fair share of double takes, turned heads, etc., but no one has ever said anything to me or made me feel uncomfortable. Also, I always wear yoga pants or ladies shorts when relaxing at home. While my underwear is all feminine, I still wear male shirts, pants and shoes because that is the work uniform that is expected. Why? Like a few others who have posted on this thread, I'm self-employed and while many of my customers hire me for my broad range of network expertise and at least one of them has Trans friendly policies, I don't want to risk upsetting the financial apple cart. After all, I have a mortgage, college tuition and other bills to pay. My wife's biggest fears? I believe they are embarrassment, financial ruin and that I may be gay or want to transition. Since I've been contemplating aspects of the latter to quell my apparent dysphoria, I'm afraid of losing the companionship of my life partner and my adult child.

My apologies for rambling, but this really helped me to think about some things that I'm avoiding.