Thread: 3 days as April in May, Oh My !

3 days as April in May, Oh My !

Just got back from Gal's Spring Fling in Gananoque Ontario, 3 days as April with no male clothing in my suitcase it was like heaven. To much went on to tell here. So here's a list of my fave things.
    Getting to drive there on Friday morning,( 3 1/2 hours each way) dressed en femme. Getting to spend 3 hours in Sears women's department trying on anything and everything along with 6 of the other girls who were going to be in the fashion show on Saturday evening ,we were like kids in a candy store we had to pick out 3 outfits for the fashion show and if we bought any of them we got 40% off the tag price plus an extra 15% for being in the fashion show, I bought two of the three outfits i had picked for the fashion show the third was a peasant blouse and maxi skirt which I would have loved to wear to a folk festival I used to go to but unless they have a Woodstock reunion I doubt I would wear it. I bought the LBD and the white pant outfit in the pictures.
    Friday night's Dinner and dance at the local Legion where the women's auxiliary provided us with a fantastic sit down meal and then it was out into the main legion hall to mingle and dance with the legion members to a great band.
    Saturday's guest speaker was amazing (reminder to self next time bring tissues ...bring lots of tissues, then we had a great lunch at a local restaurant then off for makeovers at Shoppers drug mart with 4 cosmologists they bring in for us. The best legs contest was a lot of fun and was won by a girl who had come up from Atlanta to be there. We had a fantastic dinner before the fashion show they had a professional photographer doing portraits before the meal (my wife and I got a fantastic picture taken ) after the meal it was off to the change room to get ready for the fashion show 3 outfits each so we were like quick change artists so we could have a continual stream walk the runway. Wish i could have shown the picture of all 7 of us in our last outfits in our final line up together but had to just crop myself out to show the LBD.
    Sunday morning it was off to the Restaurant across the road from the hotel for brunch then sadly it was time to check out and say our goodbyes before heading home.
    I think my most favorite part of the whole weekend was being able to walk around town and not hear any honking of car horns or rude comments, everyone was friendly that i interacted with. Apart from a few smirks from teenage boys in the men's department in Sear's it was a fantastic experience and can't wait for the next weekend away. A big thank you goes out to Giselle (another forum girl) for prodding us into going (didn't take much prodding ) and to all 60 girls and significant others that made the whole weekend so much fun.
    The pictures are as follows the denim out fit with the striped top is what I drove up in. The little black dress and the white pants and top and the peasant blouse with the orange maxi are the three outfits I wore in the fashion show. I loved the white pants and top so much I wore it to the brunch on Sunday Sorry the maxi skirt shot is so blurry I was skipping around all the tables shouting love and Peace my wife caught me in mid stride on her cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

April, sound like a great time. 60 couples wow. Very nice get together.
    Part Time Girl

It was 60 total Dana but it was still a great group.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

Sounds like fun. Is this an annual event?

Yes it is an Annual event Dee, it has been running for at least 10 years. It was my first time going and had a blast.

Sounds like a great fun time, especially since your wife got to go with you. I like the white pant outfit also. Good story.

April, beautiful pics.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That weekend sounds amazing.. I love Gananoque I had no idea they had a weekend like that in Southern ontario. You are a lucky lady. And you look beautiful.

You look great and more importantly, your story tells us how happy you were that weekend. As you saw, getting out, being who you want to be, mixing in with society in general, takes this all to another level. I'm very happy for you!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.