Thread: My sons own explanation

My sons own explanation

Last week I shaved my legs for the first time and the following day my fiancée painted my toe nails. I have a seven year old son and five year old daughter. I had planned on keeping things hidden from them and had been doing a great job about it they never questioned the shaved legs at least. I'd made sure to wear socks around the house when they were home but yesterday morning I jumped out of bed and walked out without quite thinking ( don't think I was fully awake yet haha) I walked into the kitchen and started making myself some toast (they were eating cereal.) my son walked over to give me a kiss and say good morning and spotted the blue nail polish! He burts out laughing and asks what happened to my toes. I kind of freaked out for a second because I didn't know what i wanted to say. Before I got the chance to say anything he says "let me guess... mom got you while you were sleeping?" I thought the answer was hilarious! I agreed, and said " yup... you have to watch out for her, she might get you next!"
    Later that day I had stepped in a puddle In the bathroom from my daughters shower and thrown off my socks. Again without really thinking and my daughter saw my toes. My son came to the rescue and pointed out their mom got me while I was asleep.
    Now I get to walk around the house without socks! Yay me! Now the question is will they notice the nail polish change colors? Or how long it stays on haha.

I was in the same boat. I tried hiding the polish from my little ones. It was maybe 4 days until I had been spotted. My wife tells them that she experiments on me.
    They have seen my fingernails painted but never asked, though my daughter does like painting my nails. She's 8 and gets a kick out of it.

My daughter thanks I am awesome for I have allowed her to do my toes since she was a little girl!
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

I like the story and the replies rendered to the children (to me kids are baby goats).
    The first time my toenails and fingernails were painted by someone other than by myself was when I was taking a nap after a strenuous photo shoot. I had just painted their nails for the next shoot and took the nap while their nails dried.
    Those two GG models painted my toes and fingers while I napped. They painted each digit a different color.
    If you haven't figured it out, I am a very sound sleeper as long as you don't try to be noise free. The 'silence' wakes me in a snap.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-30-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I painted my nails this weekend and wore it to work last night. I used the excuse my grand daughter did it but in reality it was me. I love it!

I painted my nails befor we went to the beach on vacation. As we were checking into the hotel the receptionist complimented me on them. I did blame it on my grandbaby. I am proud the receptionist noticed them and said they were pretty.

Banned Read only
    Kids come up with the best and sometimes most logical answers.

I wear my toes polished quite a bit till hot weather gets where. they are done right now ( Sally Hanson WINE NOT) so are my fingers.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by 7ftEmily View Post
    Now the question is will they notice the nail polish change colors? Or how long it stays on haha.
    Now you're in the perfect situation to just say that you decided you liked it and wanted to keep doing it. Then you can relax.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    That's pretty cute but why not just tell them the truth, tell them you like it and that there is nothing wrong with men having
    painted toes. I think they would be better off knowing the truth
    Just my opnion

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    They noticed instantly because your feet are nearer their level than your ears. Try wearing earrings and see how long it takes them to notice. But it might be a bit harder to explain mommy having pierced your ears while you were asleep...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Storm View Post
    My daughter thanks I am awesome for I have allowed her to do my toes since she was a little girl!
    Similar story here - about three years ago, my daughter remarked one day as I was getting her ready for bath: "Daddy, your toes aren't painted." Yeah, and? "You should paint them."

Similar story here. My doorbell rang, while I was getting out of the shower. I put on just a pair of pants and opened the back door. In walks my married son and he looks down. and says "nice toes dad". I thought they were a nice shade of pink myself, as I picked it out.

I've openly worn nail polish on my fingers and toes for several months. I have 4 daughters ranging from 1.5 to 7 and they all like my polish. I told them men can wear polish too, that it's not very common but there's nothing wrong with it.
    Today I'm wearing glittery blue gel nail polish :-). I wore black to work initially and after a few "why are you wearing nail polish" and my answer "because I want to" it's not mentioned. I'm not in a customer facing role so it's not an issue.
    I only cut them when they become a hindrance to my typing lol
    I've also had the talk with my eldest about my crossdressing, which they have seen. I explained that I enjoy dressing up but not everyone will understand about it. Everyone should have the choice to wear what they please.
    She's not asked any probing questions, simply accepts it. We're bringing them up to be tolerant of all cultures, sexuality and gender. We don't force it upon them, simple and honestly and appropriately when they have questions.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

My SO found my toe nails painted, she only noticed because my socks were getting thin on the corner and showed some colour. She only asked if it was hers, I said no. Nothing more, ive bought a couple colours. This one currently, its not perfect application but I like it.
    image.jpg

Pretty in Pink

My daughter is all grown up and borrows my nail polish.

For almost a year now i keep my fingers with almost any color i drive uber and if someone says something it is always positive like now they are a cranberry red

Quote Originally Posted by Race1999 View Post
    My SO found my toe nails painted, she only noticed because my socks were getting thin on the corner and showed some colour. She only asked if it was hers, I said no. Nothing more, ive bought a couple colours. This one currently, its not perfect application but I like it.
    Hey neighbour, great colour! I'm wearing the same and looking forward to showing them off more this summer. Nothing but positive comments last summer but I'm sure there were some eyerolls and ill thoughts but nothing said. I'm just down the road from you in London.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-31-2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: removed copy of photo

Roxy - Four daughters! Wow, I am sure they keep you busy!!

My daughter says that I am part of the "girls team" and has accepted me 100% - she has me paint her toes for her, because I do it better than mommy!

My boys all came home one day and said that all the guys at school were painting their toes black, so after I just ran with it, I just have ugly toes!

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    That's pretty cute but why not just tell them the truth, tell them you like it and that there is nothing wrong with men having
    painted toes. I think they would be better off knowing the truth
    Just my opnion
    I totally agree. I don't have kids, but I started painting my toes (all of the time) and my fingers (part of the time) a few years ago. I wear them openly in guy mode. I was all panicked at first, but in reality.. almost no one cares. I've always just owned it and told people that I like having painted nails. They can do with that as they please.

I've kept my nails painted and am actually going to paint them a new color tonight. The reason I haven't told the kids is because my fiancée and I talked about it when I came out (is that a term? Don't know how to phrase is lol) and we decided that it would be best for the time being if I kept it hidden from them. For what reason we came to that agreement or understanding I don't fully know but that is what we decided.

Except for the last 3 weeks (giving my nails some air) I've had my nails polished for about 6 months.

I wear socks all the time so no one at home even knows, but I never wear socks ay yoga, so everyone with eyes knows.

No one at yoga has even said anything, unless I mention it. I've talked to some GGs about it, and most didn't notice even if their mat was right next to mine.

However, if anyone asks me, my stock answer is that when my daughter was younger, the painted my toes while I (pretended to) sleep.

And I liked it, so I do it for myself now.

The 3 reasons to do it are:

1. I like how it looks
    2. I't an expression of my individuality
    3. A spa pedicure is women's best kept secret
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

FWIW, an available excuse if you ever get caught in this scenario: I never got caught with my nails done, but did get caught a couple of times with traces of nail polish that I hadn't gotten all removed from my nails. I passed it off as leftover paint that I couldn't quite get off, from helping a friend paint at his house. I think the trick is to not go overboard with any explanations about it regarding color, especially if the color is pink.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Can't you friend be a woman or if a man helping painting a baby's room"?
    In my case I once got caught and I said I was helping at an automotive body painting shop. (which I have done, and we were really using candy Apple red lacquer.) over a silver glitter large flakes base).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.