Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting my ears pierced.

Thinking of getting my ears pierced.

I've been contemplating this for a while now. I love earrings, always have but never had the guts to get mine done. When I was younger I seriously thought about having one done but never knew which ear to put it in as I did not want to send the wrong signal. Now I sit here thinking I may just have them both done, don't know what signal that will send either but as I grow older I don't really care. I recently started going to work with my nails painted, they are black but at least it's a starting point. Admittedly I blamed it on my grand daughters. Eventually I will need to own up to it and just say they are painted because that is what I want, because even black they look so much better. After several buffs and clear coats they actually look pretty good considering I did them myself. I currently stock shelves for a living and opening all those card board boxes is hell on the hands and the nails so they are not perfect, but not bad. Eventually I will be moving out of state for a management position, my wife has decided to stay behind as she really has no intent on moving. That makes me wonder just how carried away I will get dressing once I move. I already walk around the house most of the time in girls clothes and she don't really care at all. I've done my nails and seriously thinking about going in and having them done right. I am wanting to pierce both ears, ect... So what will it be like when I am alone? How crazy will I get? Will I live as a guy at work and a woman at home? Will I give two sh*#'s about what my new neighbors will think? All I know is that with age the pink fog grows increasingly difficult to fight, I really don't even want to. I want to be free to just be me, the best and prettiest me I can be. And if I have nothing but time on my hands, I have a feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.

I was thinking last night a long walk out to the light house with my wife would be nice, me fully dressed. I really liked the outfit I was wearing and I figured with a wig and some big ol girl sun glasses I could get away with it, no one would really pay any attention. But she came home and fell asleep on the sofa for the rest of the evening so that went out the window. But my point here is I've never really left the house dressed as a woman, but I was ready to last night. I was ready to and everyone around here knows me and my wife. If I am going to move to a place where no one knows me, I just think there is a very good chance "Alissa" will take over!

Anyway, just thinking in print I guess. Completely shaved body, legs, arms, everything but head hair. Painted nails and earrings, seems to me I am on a path to something new and interesting. Time will tell I suppose.

As far as the ears go, I've had both pierced for a few years and wear diamond studs with no issues. I've had people ask and I tell them I felt like it. I've even had a guy or two tell me that they've thought about it themselves but didn't have the guts.
    In regards to your other issues only you control how far you want or need to go. Remember what the others said, once you ring the bell you can't unring it.

You can get you ears pierced at Walmart for example. My SO got mine done a couple years ago. I love earrings also. Rigiht now I have hoop earrings and wear them all of the time.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    Alissa, would your employer in your new management position be accepting of you ear piercings and nails? Just something to think about.

I had mine done last year at age 60 no one in my or my wife's family have said anything negative. Same goes for the guy's at work they may be thinking negative thoughts but no one has said anything about them. I wear them 24/7 and don't even think about them being there any more.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

I am planning on getting my ears pierced also! I am 65 and swore i would never have it done! That was before discovering all this! I am going to the Piercing Pagoda to have it done some time this year! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

First of all don't worry about getting one ear pierced and sending the "wrong signal". That thing about one ear ring in a particular ear being a message to gays is a lot of baloney. Having pierced ears is a lot better than wearing those damned clip on ear rings. I had mine done and it was painless so shortly after that I had both ears done again. I wear two earrings in each ear whether I'm dressed or partly in drab and never have a problem. Only you know what's best for you but my advice would be to "Go For It" and get them pierced.

I see men with pierced ears all of the time. I had mine done almost two years ago, and I have had zero problems. If you are in a situation where you can't wear them, just take them out! The only thing permanent about them are the barely noticeable holes!

One thing to keep in mind is that when they are pierced, you must leave the earrings in 24/7 for at least six weeks while they heal (in my case over two months). Thus it is essential to choose something you feel comfortable having others see during this period. In my case I chose small sterling silver balls.

I doubt you will find anyone here who has regretted going for it.

Sami

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I got mine pierced about 17 years ago and it was complete non issue.
    At the time, I even even worked in a blue collar environment and no one cared.
    Males with pierced ears has become mainstream and is now even considered macho by many.

So, just get them pierce and, it someone should be dumb enough to ask why, just tell them because you wanted to .
    It's all really that simple .

Add my "Do it!" to the chorus. Had mine done last fall. My only regret is that I didn't do it years ago. Nobody cares. I had one GG coworker compliment me and one simply curious "What'd ya to that for?" question. I answered with something akin to Barbara Jo's suggestion, though it was also a friendly wager with my wife - "No you won't." "Yes I will." "I don't believe you." The look on her face when I came home was priceless.
    So stop wasting time, Alissa. Do your research and get it done.

If it wasn't for my wife and her attempts to block my dressing, etc, I would do it immediately. One of her concerns is that I will be outed and ostracized at work. Very conservative place in many ways. Since I am 1-2 years from retirement, I need to let my wife know that I am having my ears pierced the day after I retire!

Go get them pierced, it's not a big deal anymore. I fretted for months over it and it was all for nothing.

But so glad I did get them pierced, it opened a whole new world of options to wearing ear rings that you will never find in the clip on aisle.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

I work in a very manly environment and no one said a thing about mine for four days and then one person asked while no one was around. I honestly said it was something i said I would do when I turned 50, it just took awhile. I'm a little older than that. LOL. One reminder, the red cross will not let you donate blood if you do not have the piercing done by a doctor or tatoo shop, somewhere that uses a steril needle and throws it away. And i would leave something in there for six months to be sure they heal with a hole!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I got mine pierced two years ago, in my late 50's, and I wear stud earrings all the time in male mode. No one has yet commented adversely about them. It's getting more common for men to have pierced ears, even for older males.

Piercing hardly hurts at all. The daily maintenance to keep them clean while they heal is a bit of a chore, but not that bad. I got mine done at Claire's (an earring shop found in malls. They were very professional, and had a cleaning solution that speeds up the healing time between getting them pierced and being able to take out the first pair and start wearing other earrings. With their stuff, it was six weeks to being able to wear any stud earrings I wanted to, and 6 months to being able to wear the 'fish hook' dangly earrings.

Wearing pierced earrings is MUCH more comfortable than clip on earrings could ever hope to be. My clip on earrings usually hurt more each time I wore them then getting my ears pierced hurt!

Go for it, girl! You won't regret it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Got mine does several years ago and no issues at all.
    Its just a normal thing these days so don't worry.
    Pro sports players have them,big burly bikers have them etc.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alissa, Don't do like me and wait till you are 72 years old to pierce your ears, I double pierced each ear
    on 03/14/15 and put a third stud in each ear on 05/12/15.

I wear triple diamonds or a small hoop in the bottom with two diamonds on top when in male mode
    when I am dressed the sky's the limit......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Mine have been pierced for many years. No one cares and amny will compliment you. Go for it

I have one pierced from teenage years...such a tease!! I should get the other one done.

When I was thinking about having mine done, my wife objected. Saying it would scream CROSSDRESSER!! I started looking around at how many men had pierced ears who were over 50. Not many, I did it anyway. My wife loved them. And no one ever questioned me about it. So a couple years later I have another hole put in both ears. And She loves that even more. I use to only wear studs or Huggies, ear rings made for men, but lately I've gone for a hanging stone or hoops. And no one ever questions it.
    And because of my medications, my finger nails split, sometimes badly. So I have to get acrylics put on them. I got chuckles and giggles when I first would go in to have them done. Now it is no big deal. I've been doing my toes for years now, usually RED. Just recently I did my toes and my finger in red. Had one woman stop and ask, and told me that she been after her husband (who was standing with her) to have his done. Got that same story from a couple other women also.
    So I agree, if you want to get your ears pierced and paint your nails, go for it. If your employer let the female staff have nail polish, they cannot say anything about yours.
    I worked at a Cereal manufacture for a short time and ALL visible Jewelry was forbidden, except a small religious pendent worn on a small chain keep under your shirt. But that went for everyone. So if it's good for the girls, it's good for you.
    Go for it.

Getting my ears pierced was the best thing that I ever did. I am going to go back and get another set of holes in a couple of weeks. What I did, because we can't wear anything at work, regardless male or female is that I waited until I was going to be off for a week then I got some clear plastic studs from amazon (pack of 40 for a few bucks) I kept the earrings in that I got, which were small titanium balls, in for the entire time then the wife and I changed them out for the plastic studs. Now this wasn't the most fun thing in the world and we had to be careful, but afterwards no one ever noticed at work, and I kept them in for the entire time that I needed to (about six weeks). Seriously it was the best thing I ever did, with the exception of the episode changing the regular to the plastic. I am not good with pain and it took us a couple of tries to get the plastic in. Now some people would not suggest changing them out like that and honestly I was afraid it would not work, but we got it done and again, the best thing that I ever did! Like I said I will have two holes per ear soon when I go off work for 10 days or so. After paying attention there are tons of guys with both ears pierced. If it is cool enough for Will Smith, or Justin Timberlake then what do we have to lose.

There is nothing better than dangle earrings to make you feel more girly, I will always cherish that first experience of having them on and swinging my head around to feel them move. We were out to dinner the other night and when I got in the car I had lost one of my new dangle earrings and while it was sad to loose such a cute earring, that is another experience that I can say that I share with other girls now too. So worth it!

Double in the left ear and signal in the right, no one has ever said anything about them haven't had earring in for a long time I'm sure they have not closed up. The first hole I got in high school 20+ years ago.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I am 54 and have had both ears pierced since I was in my mid 20's before I started crossdressing. It's not a big deal, just do it.

But what would I do with all the clip-ons I have accumulated over the years? Maybe donate to a consignment shop or something, I suppose. OK, no excuse now. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri K View Post
    Go get them pierced, it's not a big deal anymore. I fretted for months over it and it was all for nothing.

But so glad I did get them pierced, it opened a whole new world of options to wearing ear rings that you will never find in the clip on aisle.
    Lauri K I remember this. You were consumed with the struggle, the need, the doubt, the desire. This subject dominated our conversations for a long time. Funny how such huge things become no big deal and you move on.

Yes!
    Pierced ears are probably the only thing I have left to do, well, one day.......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.