Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beach? I know you've thought about it......

The Beach? I know you've thought about it......

This question has most likely been asked more than "Why do you dress" But.......

After a few year hiatus from true Jenna time, Ive re-found my inner girly girl and the pink fog is rolling in thick. One of, If not the TOP thing I have always wanted to do as Jenna is hit up a beach. I recently asked the same question on my facebook and figured Id post it here as well to hear from all of you fine individuals. Here was my original post......

Has anyone done the beach thing while En-Fem? How did it go and what did you wear? I realize some of you out there are full timers, While others not so much. So this question is slightly different for all of you but spending a day at the beach as Jenna has always been at the top of my "Want to do" List. And lately I am absolutely surrounded in the "Pink Fog". Getting back into the trans swing of life has really reopened a part of me that has been kinda shut for the last few years, And I don't want to go back to how it was before, So Ive been thinking about pushing myself out of my comfort zone some. YOLO! Try to live like I was dying.

Just curious as to others experiences on the matter. I wont pass, But Im hoping to look good enough to sell it as to not look too out of place, Which is fine by me..... I hope.. Have some new swim wear coming in and some new padding to try, so will have to see how it all comes together. Then see if I can really push myself. {Perhaps going out in public in a two piece is not the best way to start pushing myself?}

I have a beach date set up next week with my 21 yr old sister weather prevailing, as John, Whom knows about Jenna but we don't really talk about it, Which will change when she sees my navel re-pierced. She was with me the first time as well so wont be a shock. But will lead directly to me and my little "hobby" Possibly hitting up the beach with a younger GG would probably help a lot.

Lots of big ifs and questions but, The path is there, Can I/Should I walk it though? Its fun to think about at least.

So, I know some of you have done it. Ive seen the pics! Please share your experiences.

Wear a one piece costume is thebest I can advise, I was eighteen and a 98 pound weakling when I went to the beach with my girlfriends in a two piece costume.

With my girlfriends around me no one even realised that I was anything but a under developed girl along with a couple of others that looked the same, they were seventeen at the time.

It is handy not to go by yourself but have one or two ggs with you.

This averts others attention to who you might be.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

not the beach, but I'm going to be in California visiting some friends next week, my "big sister" is a wonderful GG - she sent me a note that she and her husband were suspending their clothing optional stipulation for their hot tub while I'm visiting due to my figure problem (she has a way with words) so I now own board shorts, and a racerback tankini top, kind of looking forward to wearing them

I am far away from the beach. But on a lake here I wore my two piece swim suit and it was so nice being out like that. We took a nice lunch and spent most of the day there. So nice being out like that and wow the nice tan I got from it I would do it Jenna.
    Part Time Girl

Back when I was a much younger man and a long distance runner I wore a string bikini on the beach at Ocean City, Maryland for an entire weeks vacation. Never had any negative comments, but sure had some strange looks from guys. Quite a few ladies liked it!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Nobody is going to find me at the beach in a bathing suit unless it is male mode. I refreshed my memory of the pictures you posted recently and went over to your flickr page. The shots of you casually relaxing in that pretty white number would suggest you should take a shot at hit. In those pictures I see nothing other than a very feminine woman. I don't know if you burn in the sun. Maybe a one piece would offer minimal burning and at least not have you trying to hide a bikini burn for the rest of the summer.

Thanks everyone, Im not all that worried about passing 100 percent. I will be read, It will happen. No matter how good I look my frame will give me away no matter what I am wearing. But thats ok, As long as Im confident look reasonable and acting like any other woman at the beach, I should be ok. I really want to shoot for a 2 piece suit. Ive dropped 40 pounds since Feb. and I just re pierced my navel so kinda want to show it off. The 2 I have ordered are fairly modest and should hopefully cover the places I really need covered for my padding to do its job. Not worried about tan lines or sun burn. I burn, Then turns to tan quickly. Also, I dont really have to hide that from anyone. Could spend one day outside with my shirt off and fill in the lines. So...... Will have to see.......

My opinion is after viewing your flickr pictures is that you are stunning and will pass without question on the beach in a bathing suit! Now your choice of beer is another story.......

I have been looking into doing this as well and would love to hear how it goes. We have picked up a couple of suits and have been working on the farmers tan.......

Good Luck!

I often enjoy the beach here in Ft Lauderdale as you should in Hampton. It is never a big deal unless you make it one..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks again everyone, Especially for the compliments on my pics. They are just the ones that I was able to fool my camera at certain times, Lies if you will. Being on a beach in swimwear will be a MUCH MUCH different experience for exposure. But a fun challenge as well. Like hitting a new level in a game maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I often enjoy the beach here in Ft Lauderdale as you should in Hampton. It is never a big deal unless you make it one..
    Lol If it wasn't a big deal, I wouldn't want to do it. Ha ha, That's what makes it fun.
    But seriously, I know, Really its about acting naturally. Just enjoying some sun in my bathingsuit like everyone else is.
    How do you know about Hampton? Been this way? Hampton will be full of high school grads right now and young 20 somethings. Could be rough..... Thinking either Salisbury, Or N. Hampton/ rye area.

I would love to do it. I actually have several bathing suits, including a couple of bikinis and a couple of one piece maillots.

One of my biggest concerns is an obvious tan or sunburn that can't be hidden from my wife.

I did go to the hot tub at the indoor pool at Keystone with a few friends, but that was a very safe environment since the Keystone girls sold out the hotel.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Who wouldn't love to sunbathe in a bikini!

I did the beach once, though I "cheated" by showing relatively little skin:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ead.php?199190

I hope you go for it!

i think you could pull it off. My stomach is not as flat so it's a no go.
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's relatively easy to pass wearing my silicone suit.
    Unfortunately, the same is NOT true of my masks!

These were taken 5 years ago in winter when the beach was fairly empty. I was still very self conscious back then. People walked by but I ignored them and they didn't stop. A Life Guard truck stopped and watched me filming myself for a few minutes. Then, drove off. Fortunately I was not on their tower then!
    79580.jpg60086.jpg

This was taken a year later during summer. A UK film crew filmed me boogy boarding. I was not wearing my suit. A few people came over to chat with me and the 2 man crew. It's funny how easily being filmed turns u from a weirdo into a celebrity!
    IMG_3432 (480x640).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-02-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see why you couldn't do the beach thing.
    I'm not a beach person but I have been too a beach enfemme in the winter.

Thanks Ladies, I definitely think I will try to make it happen. Gonna see how my sister feels about the situation first and go from there as it would be nice to have a GG to go with me, And at the moment she is the only one I could ask. But she may not really wanna hang with her 13yr older brother as Jenna, Will have to see. If that fails, Will just have to work up to courage to fly solo.

Also, Doc, Those pics are AWESOME!! You must have felt like a girl straight out of Baywatch while taking them. If I do look out of place I will just have to hope for a tv crew to show up and start filming me.

Me and my wife hit the beach here in Florida all the time. I go as Allie all the time, not really worried about being read. I wear a bikini most times as well. Just be yourself and be confident! It's fun to relax and be yourself on the beach!

Not the beach thing, but I do go in our backyard pool and this summer we're going boating and I just purchased a bikini so I'm itching for warm weather.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    You've come this far....I don't think a day on the beach will upset the order of the universe. I'm sure your sister's friend will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post

How do you know about Hampton? Been this way?
    I am from Marblehead,Ma.. And the young people on the beach are accepting and may find you "pretty cool". It is only a big deal if you make it one. As a full timer I'll say that "we don't look better ,but we are confident in our look and our right to be there". Have fun !

Sounds like loads of fun! And I'll bet you do pass, with most of the people on the beach. People really don't pay that much attention to others, unless they are directly interacting with them, and often not even then.

A year or two ago I went out for a full day on a yacht on a lake, and came back after 8 hours or so with a sunburn and bikini tan lines that took months to fade. Didn't regret a moment of it! But I haven't gone to the beach or a pool yet while en-femme, even though that experience proved to me that I can pass 100%, even in a skimpy bikini.

This summer I hope to be able to afford a weekend with my 21 year old daughter in a cottage or hotel somewhere on the Oregon coast, and to get in a few days of serious girl-time on the beach - both in my bikini and in more conservative female beachwear. And I've invited several of my GG friends to come to my home some time and share a hot tub with me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    Thanks Ladies, I definitely think I will try to make it happen. Gonna see how my sister feels about the situation first and go from there as it would be nice to have a GG to go with me, And at the moment she is the only one I could ask. But she may not really wanna hang with her 13yr older brother as Jenna, Will have to see. If that fails, Will just have to work up to courage to fly solo.

Also, Doc, Those pics are AWESOME!! You must have felt like a girl straight out of Baywatch while taking them. If I do look out of place I will just have to hope for a tv crew to show up and start filming me.
    In my experience it helps if you're out with others. Any others, Jenna. It not only helps your confidence but folks r less likely to imagine u r some sort of lone, weirdo----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, I have gone to the beach in a bikini. I wore a denim miniskirt and an easily removable top (don't remember what). It was around 4 in the afternoon on a weekday. On the way I remember having to buy some gas at a station on very busy street, that turned out to be no problem.

I continued on to the beach, parked, fed the meter, and got my chair out of the car. To get to the beach from the parking lot I had to go up a few stairs over a dune. Once at the top I saw two younger women to my left, 10-15 yards away, sitting under a couple of palm trees. They didn't pay any attention to me. I went right a put my chair down under another pair of palms. I unzipped my skirt and stepped out of it and removed my shirt. I was in a bikini on the beach. Exhilarating is how I would describe it. I was nervous, too. Other than the women to my left there was nobody near me. Until...a young guy and girl put their stuff down about 20 feet to my right. They were into each other and didn't seem to pay any attention to me, either. I felt a bit trapped, but, I had headphones on and something to read. I will admit to being on "Red Alert", but, I did relax as much as I could. Later, the women left and the guy and girl started off on a beach walk. I managed to walk to the water and wade for several minutes. Two couples passed by me while I was wading. I am pretty sure that I was clocked, but, there was no finger pointing or yelling. Finally, I went back to my chair, gathered my stuff, and left. As I was loading my car a couple of cars passed very closely to me. There didn't seem to be any overt action by the people in the cars.

I, then, drove to a less populated area and managed to get some pictures. My posing spot happened to be in front of a pretty big condo. While taking pictures I noticed that a woman had come down to their dune stairs and was watching me intently. I figured that she knew what was going on, but she was far enough away that she never said anything to me.

I,probably, spent at least an hour-and-a-half at the beach. Up to that time it was the freest that I have ever felt. This was about three or four years ago. I haven't repeated it. I do hope that the opportunity presents itself again.

Have gone to the beach and to some spots on the rivers around here. Have a one piece that I wear and my wife and I go.
    First few times were the most nerve wracking, had some up close interaction with a man and his wife / girlfriend and then a group of moms/housewives.
    I think if you just act natural and dont give reason for attention no one really cares.