Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beach? I know you've thought about it......

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't have a beach body, nor a desire to go to the pool, but I have done a little sun bathing in private locations. My only advice is be aware that you will end up with tan lines that will be there for the rest of the summer and into the fall. So if you remove your shirt from that day on you will be providing evidence for your adventure. Sun screen will help, and should be used anyway, but the story will be written on your body regardless.

That being said, enjoy!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I have gone to the beach a few times , first time was short shorts with a bikini top.

Then a few more times like that I brought a see through coverup to take on and off the top . this was in St Petes Beach /near Tampa Fl

just a few months ago this year , I did the beach again near north palm beach Fl. This time for a week - everyday at the beach . I had two one piece suits that i bought at marshals . one was a miracle suit and the other calvin klein one piece . I looked for and found swimsuits that have pockets sewn in for breast padding/ molded bra cups . this works great for holding breast forms in securely .
    My skin is fair so i spent an hour applying sunscreen . i mixed foundation with sunscreen for my face . the tuck is critical and can be done by using microfiber bikini panties that match either skin tone or the color of the suit . It was really tempting to go into the water so i was very careful to pin my wig very securely to my own hair . I went in the water just up to my shoulders .

... this most recent adventure was a blast . there were a few amazing moments . I interacted with other people often , This actually normalized it for me and possibly it normalized it for them too. I even went shopping and had lunch in a few different beach side restaurants. There were only a very few awkward looks from people but that were barely worth mentioning . a few security items like sunglasses , a wide brim hat , a big tote bag and good sandals to make the look as authentic as possible .

I suggest that you be careful in where you go . its probably actually safer for any of us to do this in a crowded place as opposed to a desolate area. Surprisingly you will probably have more support from more people than you might expect . .
    I am hooked on that good experience and i do intend to go again asap .
    Last edited by barbara gordon; 06-12-2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling and more detail

I weigh a lot more than you and I've done the beach at Honeymoon Island a couple of times. I'm looking for that tan line. But you ROCK that two piece. If I looked like you, I'd be en femme 100 percent of the time.

This year will be the test...one piece form fitting suit. I just bought a beach hat from ebay but it is a touch small. Darn wig and GF even measured with it on.....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I'm still processing my week in SanDiego - in addition to the hot tub evening I wound up going to the pool in my friends complex - board shorts, tankini top, and my heart in my throat at the beginning, and very comfortable and relaxed after the first twenty minutes.
    I got my first "tan lines", got burned at the tops of my thighs, and was referred to as "lobster girl" by Aimee's husband the next morning - as in want some coffee lobster girl, or are you afraid of hot water today"?

I had a chance to make a beach visit a couple of years ago....didn't want much exposure but had a good time...7178763585_81389fe69b_z.jpg7363978108_3f10d6363b_z.jpg7363978234_a998dae0af_z.jpg

Great pics everyone, And thanks for sharing your experiences. I managed to get a 2 piece that I am happy with, But have yet to have the chat with my sister. Might get a chance monday, Will see how it goes. Will DEFINITELY get to the beach once this summer as Jenna. One way or another!!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, my first visit en femme to a beach was to the Jersey shore in October 2002. The weather was still pleasant and sunny, the water was like a warm bath, and the beach was almost deserted. I wore an ordinary light blue bikini, had a light hoodie for a coverup, and was in pretty good shape.

My most recent trip en femme to the beach was last August to a fairly popular beach at a lake about 30 miles away. I wore a black one piece with a short, had a light cotton gray gross as a coverup. The day was hot. The water was warm. The beach had quite a few people there, but was not what I would call crowded. None of them, even those with children, gave me a second glance.

I went to a pool and hot tub at a hotel in Arizona last January in the same one piece and coverup. I had a few conversations with people I met, but no one seemed to react as if anything was unusual.

In each visit, I do not stay in the sun long enough to get tan lines.

Here is what I am working with, Don't mind the makeup, Its too much and slightly off color wise, don't have time to fix it Im getting ready to go else where but wanted to try out my new 2 piece swim suit to see how it looks. Not bad I think?? Hard to hide in so little clothing. But I can manage enough I think. Still have room to improve.

I cheated. I carried all my clothes in a bag to (what I thought was) a secluded part of the beach)

parlebeachbig.jpg

but of course as soon as I got changed, a stream of JOGGERS and LEISURE WALKERS started coming.
    The rotten part is, they took forever to get there, went beyond, then turned around and came back
    so they had to pass me twice. I tried to avoid them as much as possible but they really ruined the vibe.

NEXT TIME I will shave my beard! haha

What a stunner in the 2 piece, you look fab.
    I tend to go with my one piece as I've a bit of stomach, but have worn my 2 piece at the beach without issues.
    It's fun watching the people strolling past, but just smile and maybe say hi if your feeling good.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I have a nice one piec bathing suit, that i wore, and took several pics in, but rushed bak into my vehicle in a hurry, at a lonesome rest area. Not quite enough nerve to go to a public pool, or beach, with people around. i would need to be quite a distance away from folks, to consider it. I think i could pull it off from 200 feet away, but i would need to make sure my wig stayed on.

Platinum Member
    Before things changed, I used to spend quite a few hours at poolside or swimming in a one piece. (Always wore a shaper underneath to get a proper figure). I also enjoyed sipping margaritas poolside in a summer maxi dress. Often fantasizes about walking the beach at south padre in that dress.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I also enjoyed sipping margaritas poolside in a summer maxi dress. Often fantasizes about walking the beach at south padre in that dress.
    Just do it ! And report..

I decided that 2017 will be the year of the beach.
    I love shopping when an item catches my interest.

51260140.jpg 51387304.jpg

Both suits fit me perfect.
    I can't wait to get to the beach!
    "Missed it by that much!"

I walked the beach in Key West a few years ago, wearing a tropical print romper, wig, straw hat and sunglasses, bare feet and toenails painted bright red. Nobody seemed to notice.

IMG_9408.jpg
    You should definitely do the beach thing! I have done it several times...when there has been people around and when there has not been too many people around. I mostly wear a skirted one piece as that takes your mind off constantly needing to adjust things..lol! I find the skirted suits more flattering anyway. I have an entire closet full of vintage and just everyday swim suits...they are definitely my passion. I frequently lay out in my yard and work on the tan. I do have a couple bikinis and have a two piece sun tan, but I'm most comfortable enjoying wearing a swimdresses.
    Being on the beach is such a freedom experience...as mentioned before, a beach hat and sunglasses help deflect attention.
    Enjoy the experience!
    Krissy