Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing in dreams

Crossdressing in dreams

I have been on this forum for a month or so now, and I find it useful, entertaining, and motivating. Although I am not reading it every day, I probably average about an hour reading, and sometimes responding, each day.

This past week I have noticed dreams of crossdressing at least two nights. I rarely dream about it, so I am wondering whether it is happening because I am more engaged and motivated. Some of the dreams have been pleasant, other ones involve being discovered in a nightmarish way.

In the earlier days of your own crossdressing experience, did you find as your level of crossdressing increased, you were crossdressed more and more in your dreams? For those of you who crossdress as a part of your normal life, do you find yourself also dreaming crossdressed most of the time?

Thanks, Sami

No I never dream of dressing because dressing simply become a part of my life to enjoy and bask in. Even on those days when I have to be in drab I am still underdressed because I like to think and feel feminine. It is me I have no need to dream because it is a reality for me.

I never really had any dreams about crossdressing prior to starting to dress. But after I started dressing up, I had a number of crossdressing dreams. But none were back to back.

In the earlier days of your own crossdressing experience, did you find as your level of crossdressing increased, you were crossdressed more and more in your dreams?
    That was too long ago to remember! It seems to go both ways. I have more CD dreams as I CD more but I also have had them when I went for a length of time (months +) without crossdressing at all. Dreams are weird (and interesting) aren't they?

For those of you who crossdress as a part of your normal life, do you find yourself also dreaming crossdressed most of the time?
    I don't know about most of the time but I do have dreams about CDing. Getting caught dressing or someone finding my stash of panties aren't as common as they use to be. Now days I have dreams that I'm wearing several articles of female clothing and no one notices.

The only dreams that can really be remembered are those that occur when we wake up. We may have a lot more CD dreams than we know about.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My dreams vary but every now and then it will have a TG/CD slant to it but the crux of the dreams are just everyday things.

Virtually every night! If I could dress more, that might recede. I would be happy for that to occur.

Hey sammi. This happens to me practically every night (usually when Im in bed).My CDing dreams generally tend to range from the slightly bizare to the slightly erotic. Quite plesant ones though.

Junior Member Brandy Fromdaburg's Avatar
    Rarely, but last night I had a dream I was having trouble putting false eyelashes on.

hi sammi. this happens to me pratically every night. My CDing dreams generally tend to range from the slightly bizare to the slightly erotic. They're generally usually very pleasant ones though.

I dream about it fairly often... they are always pleasant dreams and I enjoy them. They usually make me want to crossdress, not the other way around. Sometimes I'll wake up from these dreams and get the strong urge to crossdress in the middle of the night

Aspiring Member
    I have crossdressing dreams. In a typical dream I will be in an awkward situation and afraid of being seen in dress. I am trying to hide my crossdresing, and I am scared. However, no one in my dreams ever seems to notice, or care.

In my early youth, I did have dreams where I not only crossdressed, but I found myself transformed into a real girl. I think that I was fearful that I might be turning into a girl. Those dreams were more like nightmares.

Before I started going out, none that I recall. But, for the last few years I frequently have dreams being dressed. Usually, I realize I'm crossdressed and am worried about it, but my family, friends and coworkers don't seem to notice and then the rest of the dream is pleasant . They do make me want to dress when I wake up, but I wear nylon women's PJ's every night anyway. The dreams come when I'm dressing often and when I haven't dressed for a while. Go figure.

I had a CD dream last night. I was in high school (I think). There was a gathering, kinda like a prom where people get dressed up, but more of a fancy sit down dinner rather than a prom. I was dressed up, and it was a very relaxing time.

Now that I think about it, I think the frequency of the CD dreams is coincidental with the fact that I have been waist training with a corset for about 3 weeks. I do this on weekdays for about 12 hours a day. I skip the weekends because I am doing a lot of physical labor. Anyway, I think the fact that I am almost constantly reminded of my journey by using the corset that it is affecting my psyche and my dreams.

I have had occasional dreams of cross-dressing. Some of them surround awkward moments of being dressed in situations I wouldn't really want to be in in real life. Sometimes there have been very vivid sexual dreams that were overall very joyous. I think that periods of CD and conscious thought about it are the reasons for more frequent dreams of CDing. Our brain tends to "work" on things in our dreams that have been happening during our waking hours. Occasionally, our brain brings up things out of the distant past and assembles them into a nice, but sometimes crazy manner. I am constantly entertained by what my head can come up with during the night, and I can usually draw very direct connections as to why I dreamt what I dreamt. Our brains are fabulous machines. Interesting, and entertaining.

Last night I dreamed of being discovered by both of my brothers. I made a much bigger deal of it than they did, although both were quite shocked and were snickering some at first.

The reality is that both live far enough away that it takes two days to drive there. The first time I saw either was last fall. Before that it had been over ten years. I don't think either have the personality to condone crossdressing, but now that I think about it, I don't know that for sure. Anyway, I don't have to worry about them because of the distance.

Yes and often. The fact I wear panties and a nylon gown, sometimes the highs and non-underwire bra, may contribute to having CDing dreams. I heard, years ago, that dreams are manifestations of fears and desires. This may be an oversimplified answer why I have both. Dressing and being accepted or dressing and getting caught. My wife and I would love to go out together but, small town, gossip, etc. keep us at home. I do have dreams of us going out together (desire?) Sometimes my dreams are in color and intense. Can't do anything about it, so why worry about it. Enjoy.

I had a few dreams where I was a female not just dressed but female. LOL I guess the mind says stuff to us. But I will die as a male.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    I've been told that dreams can often reflect an underlying emotion...ranging the gamut from happiness to despair and everything imaginable inbetween. The CD related dreams that I can recall seemed to often be expressions of frustration and embarrassment, like finding oneself cross-dressed in a gathering and not being able to escape.

I am divorced and live alone, and work out of a home office in a semi-retired status. Although I'm still closeted to my family and business associates, as a result of my relatively solitary status my habit recently was to wear makeup, a wig, earrings and jewelry, and casual feminine clothes on almost a daily basis.

I seldom had dreams about transgender situations up until about three months ago when some family issues with adult children cropped-up. Since then I've had family members around me on a daily basis at irregular intervals, and have really been unable to go Full Femme for the entire time. In order to help stifle my impulses to crossdress, I grew my beard and mustache out so that I couldn't project a feminine look even if I put on all of the accoutrements. About 3-4 weeks into this period I began to have dreams about transgender situations, some were realistically and vividly sexual, some were about being exposed and ridiculed, and some were about very peaceful episodes when I was fully accepted by the world and my family.

My experience probably validates the psychological theory that our dreams are manifestations of our wishes, desires and fears.

Ah-May-Lee
    I am always wearing a black lace dress in my dreams when the guy pushes me onto the tracks of an incoming subway train.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

It's probable Sami, as we do carry our thoughts with us through the night!
    I personally have not had a dressing dream, even though dressing is on my mind 24/7, Strange!

My constant dream about a beautiful brunette may subdue my other dreams as well!
    That was a dreamy thought,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My cross dressing dreams usually involve me fully dressing in public, seeing someone I know, and then spending the rest of the dream trying to hide from them while wearing only full bra and pantie.

Yes, i seem to have increasing dreams about being cross dressed, but they usually seem to be about being caught dressed in public or trying to avoid that happening. (I am only out to my wife & the members here.)
    There was one nice exception recently, in which my wife asked me to put on a certain item of hers & things developed from there... Not likely to really happen tho!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm not known for remembering my dreams very well. I do dream, but sleep studies I've done to address my sleep apnea show my dream-time tends to finish before I wake up. However when I wake close to dreaming I can bring those memories to the conscious world with me. There seems to be little pattern to crossdressing in my dreams, it happens sometimes but I haven't recognized a direct link to what I'm doing in life that brings them to life. More than once I have awakened, not remembering any specifics of a dream, but a very strong desire to dress in a specific skirt and top or dress. I can only assume it's something that has carried over from my forgotten dream.

More common for me is the attempt at "Lucid Dreaming", or falling asleep with images in mind that sometimes become the basis of dreams to follow. When I was working and had a presentation the next day I might fall into sleep "dreaming" of the key points of what I was going to share. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, but I believe it worked. So when I know I'm going to have a day to explore my world as Sarah, I often fall to sleep in an effort to dream of outfits, how to do makeup, nails and what I intend to do the next day. It does make it difficult to not follow through with the plan and it also removes much of the second guessing that might otherwise delay my start on a femme day.

Dreams, Day or Night, are powerful in reflecting our unconscious perspective on life and processing what we have been through, so in that they are worth examining. I don't feel they are something that determine anything about our nature and shouldn't be seen as more than they are, dreams that may inspire or cause concern. In the end they are just one more type of mirror on our life that we shouldn't stare at for too long because of the danger of falling in.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I have had quite a few dreams about crossdressing.