Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Media

Banned Read only

The Media

Even though some of us had the draw to wear female clothes at a very early age and for others it was later did being bombarded with beautiful sexy women and their clothes on T.V., magazines, stores, etc. get you into crossdressing ? Did it fuel your curiosity and desire to see how it would feel, how you would look, to cross over the forbidden line into the dangerous and embarrassing world of dressing in women's clothes??

I looked good at eighteen and my girlfriends encouraged me, looking at magazines only wanted me to look more like the girls portrayed.

Sometimes it worked and it was scary...... In a nice kind of way.

I could go dressed up over the top and make boys tongues hang out, my girlfriends would tell them to stop drooling and go away.

I am always glad I had the support of others.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

since I first started at a young age, I don't think media every had any influence on me. But if I was a child of this young generation it probably fuel me to be either open or at least more adventurous
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

I don't think media got me in to crossdressing but advertising, especially lingerie ads, added fuel to the fire so to speak.

As a "late starter' I honestly don't believe that the media influenced me to get into cross dressing at all. I've always been a bit more feminist in my beliefs that magazines and TV haven't presented a realistic or particularly desirable or achievable "standard" for women since I can remember looking at them. I've never seen a woman who is my "ideal" in a magazine, but I've seen many in the supermarket (a lot who are unfortunately wasting their time reading those silly magazines).

For me it wasn't so much the media but print ads. I distinctly remember around age 11 or 12 looking at the lingerie section of the Sears catalog (all that was available in my house at that time for a bit of that age) and after some time realizing that I was becoming just as fascinated with what the models were wearing as I was with the models themselves.

I began dressing at a young age. I don't recall any media influences, except, like Elizabeth G, I enjoyed going through the lingerie section of the Sears catalog and newspaper stockings ads. I dagree what we do can be dangerous, but I've never been embarrassed. Dressing was and is, for me, a natural thing to do. My supportive wife agrees.

The media has definitely had an effect, but even if it wasn't around I would most likely be one on the landscape dressed in flowers and not loin cloth!
    I'm much to Girly for cloth!
    Stacy.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    My attraction to women's clothing started with fondling my mother's nylon slips that she hanged in the apartment to line dry. It was the feel of nylon which I liked. It was like none of the fabric little boy clothes were made of. There was no sexual stimulation. There was no desire to be a girl. I gradually nurtured the desire to try a slip on. I loved the feel. It was until my teenage years or at puberty that there was kindling to try on other garments' slip, panty, bra, hosiery. If anything stimulated me it was the store window displays of two women's stores on the main shopping street in my neighborhood. The mannequins were adorned in undergarments. Fortunately one of the stores was right at a bus stop, so I'd stand there pretending to wait for the bus and gaze at those mannequins. Sigh!

Aspiring Member
    Like Fiona adverts, especially lingerie adverts, did something for me when I was a teenager. For some reason adverts for corsets had special appeal. I don’t recall the general media having much impact.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I started dressing early in life don't think I even knew what media was at that age I have always liked fem clothing over male stuff
    hugs
    Ronda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't think media had much to do with why I dress.
    I will say the Chico's sale books I get in the mail make me go spend money and that is printed media. LOL

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    From a very early age I watched my sister getting dressed and wondered why her clothes were so much nicer than mine. Then I began peeping into my mums catalogues and of course the lingerie section. I was fascinated about what women wore under their outer clothes, and the more I looked the more I wanted to try such things myself. When my sister reached the age of having proper 'grown up' undies' I just had to try them, and it grew from there. Of course seeing attractive women on TV all the time also influenced me.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Nope, I think I can honestly say that media had nothing to do with it. I grew up in the 80s and the clothes were terrible!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes I do think at a younger age the media did influence me and I wondered how would I look in a dress or skirt and and later panties and bras.
    In school cheerleaders always were my weak spot wanting to wear their outfits was my dream

Banned Read only
    Beverly you were truly blessed at eighteen to look that good and have girlfriends that encouraged and accepted you dressed as a girl and to have the courage to dress in front of boys also. WOW.

Reading Sears catalogs is the printed media, I did this also and Playboy too. Reading this gets a young boy horney as hell and if women's underwear are around he's going to try them on and this results in an involuntary action in the male genitalia and then you know exactly what follows. And these mag's did sway me to get into CDing. Women and their clothes are beautiful whether you see them in the mall and then on T.V. at night. Seeing women in any form of advertising or entertainment is seeing them in the media. Personally being drawn to femininity and seeing women this much in print and movies and T.V. did encourage me to try on my first pair of panties, nothing has ever felt that good, I wanted more so I became a MtF CD. Look at all the money I saved not buying men's clothes over the years, great financial investment don't you think !!!

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    No the internal chemistry started it all, I didn't have that much external influences.

I do question why you think it crossing some forbidden line, I was born with a female trait that needed to be satisfied, as it turns out most of is perfectly natural if you have a degree of GD .

Yes, to quite an extent, and also Sears, and JC penney Catalogs, and the dresses and skirt outfits girls wore to school, when i was in grade and high schools. And also, store mannequins in hose and heels, and dresses and tops with skirts.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 06-05-2017 at 02:13 PM.

I know that it did not start me off on my fetishistic transvestism path. But I loved to look at pictures of well dressed women and admire their clothes. Like most people here, I recognized from an early age that there were social taboos about dressing up in women's clothing but I never thought of myself as crossing the line. It was more just being me.

When I was a little boy and the little girl I was with flipped her dress up over her head showing her panties, I wanted a dress! I developed real slow! Sears catalogs! Catching a glimpse of a long leg panty girdle and nylons when a young lady in high school carelessly sat down! Many factors contributed to the whole! And here I am! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It was the girls in jr high and high school with their short skirts and heels and knee boots. Oh how I wanted to be able to dress like them.
    Jon

Silver Member
    Before I was 4 I was in a room with several women getting ready to go out. Their slips, nylons and assorted lingerie of the 50s were fascinating and I assumed I would wear them one day. At 5 my mother put me in panties for a day and the dye was set. As I grew older I read girl magazines and wanted to have the experiences they had and the cloths they wore. With my older sisters having fun dressing me I got to wear many current fashions. Until I passed my upper 20s passing was easy. I was lucky to be able to afford outfits that were very much like some of the models wore.

I second Micki, I developed this way because.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    I second Micki, I developed this way because.
    I don't know what the trigger was for me, but I do recall having some interest in floral, flowy dresses, and I recall seeing various TV shows where a character would crossdress, and that made me realize as a kid I could try that too.

It started for me in high school and not because of the media. I remember I was with my ex-girlfriend at the time and when we were being intimate we would sometimes trade clothes because she knew I enjoyed it. I didn't really think much deeper than that, but as time went on I realized I was jealous that men couldn't go through the process of prettying themselves up the way women did. It started with painting my fingernails and toenails, but as time went on I realized the clothing thing wasn't all sexual. It was just something I really enjoyed doing so it kinda grew off that. First underwear and then skirts, and now I wear pretty much any type of women's clothing if I have a chance to.