Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Media

The catalogues (Littlewoods, Kays and GUS in the UK) certainly played their part but I think they were feeding a fire that had already been lit.

Nope, it was totally internally driven. Once Becky emerged then I noticed women a lot more, both in the media and real life.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Most of the time they were touting a product, but yeah, I would say it worked.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm not sure it was media. I had several older sisters, so I was always dressed in their clothes. The first time I dressed on my own was about 4 or 5 years of age, well before media affected my life.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Teresa crossing the forbidden line is because men are not suppose to be dressing in women's clothes, and some of the reasons are panties are not made with extra room for male genitalia, men don't have breasts so why a bra, etc. and women are opinionated and selfish, they don't want men in their clothes that are made to fit women, not men.

CONSUELO, think about what you said; you knew their were social taboos about dressing up in women's clothing so why didn't this apply to you? Society would apply it to all males including you. As one Cd to another I can fully understand that it just felt natural, good and this is the clothing you like wearing, it just so happens that girls think female clothing is for them also. Be brave, wear what you like and cast a blind eye to society. And not all women find it offensive for a male to wear female clothing.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I accept now that as a TG part of me has a female trait, to show that to myself and the world and satisfy an inner need I choose to wear appropriate clothes, so where is the forbidden line drawn , I'm a 36b so do have something to fill a small cup, my panties cover me as well as my male underpants .

We must stop making these demarcation lines, part of us has as much right to wear women's clothes as any woman, we need to accept this to move the whole situation forward.

OK if we are allowed to make the same comments , I prefer women to wear dresses and skirts, rather than any form of trousers, in the sixties before many of the female styles happened GGs did wear their male partners jeans, and Tshirts.

Banned Read only
    Teresa, love your second paragraph, well said. I never thought about it like you said it. I do have B boobs that fill a B bra and when tucked the panties are flat and not to be bragging but looking in the mirror wearing heels, hose and bikini panties I can hang with any woman. So not doubting what you said about our rights why don't women see we have the right to wear women's clothes? Why can't they understand panties and a bra can fit and feel comfortable on a male body the same as on a female body.

Hope you answer, really want to hear what you have to say about that.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I guess it goes back to the sexual question , women like nice underwear, and maybe like their menfolk to buy them something a little racy , so turn that round and wonder why guy's like to wear the same underwear. Men aren't suppose to be sexy in that way.

Now days I get comments about my outer wear, many loved the skirt and blouse in my avatar . OK I did think leather was a step too far, especially as some women would love to wear it but haven't the confidence , it does feel good to wear it so where's the harm, women wear things to feel good.

I know some women are more than OK with it as I had two GFs who liked me to wear their underwear, those were the days when sex came first and second and ........ !!

I don't think the media had any effect on my early dressing. I am pretty sure that at least by the time I was 5, it was my regular habit to put on my sister's sandals when we were playing outside in the dirt and she took them off. I was 5 way back in 1951! We did not get our first T.V. set for at least another three or four years. In first grade, we were babysat by a lady who was a close friend of my paternal grandmother. My sister is 21 months younger than I. I walked there after school. Both my sister and the one other little girl being babysat there would take their shoes off and leave them under a coffee table. When I got there, I would put on those of the other girl. Those were nicer than my sister's, black patent leather ballet flats.
    The summer I was 6, we were invited to go swimming by the family of the daughter of our landlord at the time, but my sister had nothing to wear for that, so the granddaughter, who was my sister's same age lent, her a two-piece garment which I believe was called a sun-suit. That night it was drip-drying in our bathroom and I put it on and paraded around the house until my dad yelled very loudly for me to "take that off right now and don't ever let me see you doing anything like that again." After that, I did all my dressing activity in total secrecy from then on.
    Last edited by kathy chelan; 06-08-2017 at 06:33 AM.

I dressed in a limited manner as a little kid (late 1950's/early 1960's), and I don't recall it being due to curiosity. It was just what I wanted to do because I wanted to be a girl.

My favorite TV shows were those that featured women in the starring roles like My Little Margie, the Loretta Young Show, Our Miss Brooks, I Love Lucy, etc. and I remember identifying with them. I also identified with my mother and wanted to grow up to be like her.
    My name is Carol.

It wasn't TV. I idolized my older sister and her friends, and constantly watched and listened to them, trying to learn how to be a girl. She being 4 years older, I never watched the typical boy tv shows like combat or lost in space, it was always what she wanted to watch, things like Gidget, Patty Duke, Bewitched, most female starring shows whenever they were on. So I was also exposed to all the advertising geared towards women. Additionally, I read her magazines all the time as well. So it was all about clothes and beauty. 7 years of that, and I was sort of stuck that way for life.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Ah-May-Lee
    It wasn't from the media. I don't remember reading much or watching tv, I was always out in the streets when younger. I do think other punk girls had an influence. I loved how some girls did their make up and the clothes were simple and fun. If I got a hole in y jeans, big deal, it made them look better. I don't know how I would have become if it wasn't for the punk/goth scene, maybe I would be a mod/ska/rudegirl/oi'.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron