Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for advice

looking for advice

Hi
    I originally posted this under the introductions forum, which as someone said probably should have gone here. Apologies if you have already read, and also if this goes over a well worn discussion....

I'm really trying to understand what I've been feeling recently and hope that some in this community can relate to it.
    I'm middle aged man. With a wife.
    When I was a teenager I had some limited cross dressing. Wore mums pantyhose and to be honest scared myself how much of a thrill I had. But put it to one side.

Recently though I was burning with the idea of wearing women's clothes again. I couldn't get it out of my head. So I have done - with tights and skirt and I feel really good when I wear them. I couldn't hardly sleep for days with this constant sensation that I was waking up to something that has always been a part of me. I get these butterfly feeling thinking that there is a woman part of me.

But while I feel like there is a woman part to me, equally I'm comfortable being a man. And just being me.
    The closest I can find is that I may be non binary. But it seems so hard to express or really know my own mind. It feels quite a shock at my age to be exploring this.

Some of the burning rage to pursue it has calmed a bit as well. It's not a constant. Then I think am I just imaging this, but it's some imagination to keep me awake for nights on end. But its constantly on my mind now. I feel like i'm going a bit crazy.
    Has anyone had similar experience or thoughts?

It is kind of a common story around here. I don't say that to diminish your experience but more in the hope that finding that you're not the only one might be some comfort for you. Everyone handles it differently in accordance with their own individuality. The best choice, at this point, is to read a lot of threads and see which ones resonate with you and which do not and keep in mind that things will change as you get more knowledge and experience. There is a non-binary forum on this site and that's a good place to look as well if you think that's your model. Welcome and good luck.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hi welcome to the forum
    There is a lot of good reading material just waiting for you.
    Lots of posts that might be what your feeling.
    Question though have you told your wife about these feelings yet??

Leann

What you are feeling is not uncommon. Look through the various posts here and you will soon be reassured that you are not alone.

I think you are trying really hard to label or define what is going on. I am here to tell you that is almost impossible to do. It just "is what it is" with all of us. We all have our reasons for who we are and our ideas about what may have helped us to get here but there is no one size fits all. Every one of us has a different story to tell and many of us parallel each other in many ways. If you read through the different threads you'll understand what I mean. We are all on our own little journeys here and you are always among understanding friends on this site. It is a wonderful place. Some of us have it all figured out and some of us are hopelessly lost. Some of us want it all and others are content with what ever we can get, as well as everything in between. I have been were you are. I too am middle aged or so with grand children and happily married as well as straight. I have become comfortable with my fem side and am now exploring it even further. I like skirts and nylons but my personal favorite is appearing to have breasts. Just 36B or C or so is plenty, I truly enjoy wearing a bra and as my wife and I live alone these days I am able to get away with it around the house. I like feeling girly and from the neck down I can about pull it off but I don't like what I see in the mirror as of yet, but I am working on it. A work in progress, that's me. Heck that is a lot of us here. Just have fun with it my friend and by all means - Read On

No. Our relationship isn't in the best place anyway. I'm not sure what this would do to it...

Yeah this isn't uncommon. Don't worry about what "category" or "box" you fit in. You could be a fetish dresser, you could be trans. You have plenty of time to figure it out. Your post didn't mention anything about an SO. If you are in a relationship, that's a whole other kettle of fish. If you're single, just have fun with it. Do what you enjoy, when you enjoy it. Take it a little at a time, keep up with reading these forums, and if you ever feel like you need more than that, find yourself a good therapist.

Could be just a fetish too, when I hear you say the "thrill of mom's pantyhose" and "could hardly sleep." No one around here likes to admit it but the fetish aspect is a big part of it for many of us.

Welcome to the forum one thing for sure is after starting cd'ing , you're all in for good . all you have to figure out how far your gonna go with it . everyone on this site is in the same boat rolling along hope you enjoy the ride

Many here just like you! Read the posts of others! I am mostly male but there is a female part lurking inside! She screams to be out from time to time! Read about wives/SO also! There is a lot of knowledge and experience here! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Could be just a fetish too, when I hear you say the "thrill of mom's pantyhose" and "could hardly sleep." No one around here likes to admit it but the fetish aspect is a big part of it for many of us.
    Yes - the thrill part has changed to it being something that i feel nice about as well. Comfortable. But Im not sure where fetish ends and cross dressing beings. I guess its all a spectrum of feelings

The feelings you have seem quite normal, when you have other interests around you the urge will subside a little, when things are quiet again and you have nothing else occupying your mind it will all return with a sudden flourish until another interest comes along.

Lots of luck with your new experience. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Absolutely, calm down and crossdress. I have felt like that before, don't try to fight it just be you,nothing wrong with liking your male side. If you like stay in the closet dress when you have time but this will never go way,I have been CDing since I was 8 or 9 years old, stop for a few years ,purge but some how the pink fog finds me .

It will never go away that's the big thing of all of us, it is something deep seated, a way of life not to be treated lightly but to to enjoy it for what it brings you, for some it is easier to live the life, others it is a closeted way of life but for all of us it is a way of life.
    Don't try to fight it off because it will all ways be there for you to be pleasured by.
    Just enjoy, there are many here who can help with whatever you need to know, here is a beautiful corner of warmth and help.

Your feelings are very normal. Its hard to keep the desire to dress bottles up in my experience. If you have not done so already tell your wife and/or a therapist. Buy yourself a bra & panties. Its easy at Wal-Mart or target, or on line. Buy a dress at a charity shop. Dressing can be intensely sensual (you know that already) and at the same time very satisfying. Try to view crossdressing as a blessing not a problem. Be safe and take care of yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't worry so much about what label you fall under just yet because it will change the more you learn about what makes you tick.

This is the place for you, we have many different shapes and colors but we all have pieces of what you are talking about. Stay on here and post/read etc you will find some solace.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Does your partner know?

Don't worry too much and just let it go and find your pace. Most of us know exactly what you're talking about, we've made the same or similar experiences.
    My wish to dress and go in public comes on a very regular basis, like every four to six weeks. After I went out dressed for a day and night out, usually that's enough for the next weeks and I enjoy the time very much.
    Most of us feel good as a man, so do I. I would not want to be a woman.
    But there are all colors to it. As a trans person, people wish to become a woman, but that is a minority, still many tough.

Good luck

Sounds a lot like my story, after some occasional partial CDing from age 12 to 40. Literally overnight, i got overwhelming urges to dress thats when Becky emerged. That was 12 years ago now, still happy living the duality.

I wouldn't stress too much, enjoy your gift and see where she takes you.
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 06-06-2017 at 02:58 AM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    Hi Interstellar,

Your scenario is not dissimilar to mine.

I have taken from your post you are in the closet and your wife does not know which again mirrors mine.

This place has been great for me over the last few months with a lot of advice available from previous threads and new questions posed by me (even though they may have been asked many times before).

My advice? If you can call it that is that in the short time I have allowed the feelings for cross dressing to take their next natural steps i.e wig, make up etc etc (even tho in the closet) it has pushed me towards wanting to reveal this otherside to me to my wife.

Not only due to the guilt associated with having 'a secret' from her but on a more selfish basis (assuming it doesn't end our world) that I will be able to share this side with her, on her terms, and maybe get to do more than sneak around rushed while I have a window of opportunity.

I believe the more you indulge it the more angst you will have about where it will take you next. It's a double edged sword. Excitement and fulfillment Vs secrets and isolation.

I wish you luck with your journey, if you do intend to carry it on.

I can only say again that there is a lot of time, attention and general goodwill on here which will help you in many ways should you choose to use its resource.

MissS

No she doesn't know misss. Our relationship bit under stress as it is. Thanks for you words. I feel like I've opened Pandora' s box and the lid is not going back on.

Interstellar, Sounds like you have a bit of dysphoria,. Look at all the threads here and it goes back years. Very interesting. You are not alone in this feeling.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Interstellar, Sounds like you have a bit of dysphoria,. Look at all the threads here and it goes back years. Very interesting. You are not alone in this feeling.
    I think you may be right about the dysphoria. But this is really starting to scare me now. I also have looked at some of the threads about testosterone. I know that suddenly my testosterone has gone very high (after being low). I wonder if that has something to do with it all.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Please don't feel scared, it really isn't such a huge mystery - there are thousands of members of this forum, all over the world who relate perfectly to what you've been going through.

Your head is not going to explode.

You will get used to these feelings.

Nothing about it is illegal, or as far as we are concerned, immoral.

If you're feeling stressed, pull back - wait a few weeks - and reassess how you feel. Of course it's kind of a shock, but suddenly expressing a long-repressed part of you is bound to be unsettling. I have no idea whether or not fluctuating testosterone has affected you, perhaps others more qualified can comment.

Be happy- this isn't a bad thing, it's just an awakening of buried feelings.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hi, Interstellar.

Sorry that I missed your post earlier. I've been a bit busy these last few days...

First of all, let me add my "me too" to the thread. While the details differ for each of us, the basic framework of the story, and the emotions that go along with it, are strikingly similar.

And my advice is along the same lines as most of the previous posts as well. Relax and be yourself. As you have discovered, you will feel better when you do.

Don't worry about finding a label that fits. If you want someone to tell you what "box" you fit into under that transgender umbrella term, you might try "gender fluid". I think that fits better than "non-binary" for people like us. If you want an expert's opinion, by all means seek out a qualified counselor. You'll probably get a "box" for yourself, but the real benefit will be in gaining understanding and skills that will let you be more at peace with your rather unusual nature. Not that it's at all unusual around here. You don't sound to me like you have gender dysphoria. As I understand that term, it applies to those who feel a marked, even profound, conflict between their internal identity and there physical gender. There will be differences of opinion on this, so again, if you want an authoritative "diagnosis", seek out a qualified pro.

Meanwhile, welcome to the community, sweetie. You are so in the right place.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie